Punchestown 29/04/09

The Big Race Punchestown gold cup 18:05 Very competative race with a lot of capable horses, but only few of them showed the expected form this season. I think Notre pere is overrated as favorit for this race. He was scheduled several times to participates in GN-s, but because of conditions and his high weight was dropped down. If his owners wants him to have some chances at GN-s he must drop down some of the raitings. Thats why i explain he didn;'t participate in Cheltenham and Aintry festivalsm where he may found plenty of races just for him. His only 3 m serious run was on Neptune Cologne's second place, where the field was poor. Imperial Commander runs his n-th perfect race at the festival, which is his second home. He likes good ground and here he will meet soft one. Something more, his four trys at 3 m were total mess. Yes, he is perfect for 2 1/2 miles, but maybe is not the horse for 3 miles. AIr Force one didn't fullyfy the goals for this season. He runs very nice Hennesy gold cup, but after that disapointed a lot. Don't expect from him to enter into 1-2 place. He also prefers good ground Alberta's run another one who runs better on good ground and who also disapointed. At Cheltenham gold cup was moving well but hit some fence somewhere around the last turn and lost chances. King George's second to Kauto Star will be the best for him this season. However i expect that he may produce better run, then the three previous horses in my preview. Don;t forget AP on board and he is the man that knows very well the horse. Maybe he will get some win in memory of his stablemate Exotic Dancer War of attrition - Former winner three years ago, now searching to find his old form. Second place in Lexus chase was far away from the winner and with some fallers as Neptune Cologne and Snowy morning. Missed big festivals is a note that he wasn't ready for big racing. Now he is back in his lovely track, where he is 7 wins from 10 starts :) However i don't think his odds are even closer to the good value. Shindler's hunt My pick :) It will be his first 3 m test, he never showed that is short of stamina as Imperial comander did. The horse improves with every start this season and i think he will be at the peak for this run. Was very close with Voy at Aintry and was winner if he didn't jump so baddly. Was not far away from Imperial comander and Voy in Cheltenham. Paddy Flood resides on the saddle for him, so expect good team up :) GL

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.