Wetherby Best Bet 26/04/2009

Home-tek Lady Riders' Handicap Hurdle. 3-25 at wetherby, She reads a race oh so very well and every time i find a race she is riding in i always sit up and take notice, she must be backed at wetherby on sunday in this race and also might be putting the cherry on the cake for a nice Tim Vaughan ( TREBLE ) Its ok folks sunday is pay day. Nina Carberry 3-25 at wetherby ''HEROES'' ''SHOW ME THE MONEY''Nina-Carberry_1617527.jpg

Re: Wetherby Best Bet 26/04/2009 3.10 Wetherby With Cash Man a non-runner just four take their place in this line up. The ground is GD-FM and they go over 25f. The runners with winning form around the trip are Benny The Piler (23f), Manbow (25f) and Mandingo Chief (23f). Benny the Piler has the benefit of Denis O'Regan's services this afternoon for what is only his eleventh career start. The nine year old's sole win came in a novices hurdle in Oct '06, and he makes only his second start in handicap chases. He pulled up last time out at Catterick and although a return to quicker ground could see him bounce back, one other one appeal more. Manbow is the course and distance winner in the field, winning off 4 lb lower in a novices handicap in March 2005. He goes well at the Yorkshire track, boasting figures of 1112P23127472 over fences, and ran well here last time out, narrowly losing out to Dawn Ride off his current mark of 105. This 11 veteran has won off 2 lb higher in the past, and will love quick ground so looks to hold a big chance on his favoured stomping ground with trainer Micky Hammond in decent enough form. Mandingo Chief runs off bottom weight of 10-2 and Brendan Powell's 10 yo is another course winner (Oct '06). However, that was the last time this one tasted success and although he is 4 lbs lower than his last run, he has a little to prove here as he has failed to complete on two of his last five starts and been well beaten in the others. His mark is dropping but Manbow appeals the greatest of the trio and is my selection.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.