Ripon - 25/4/09

2.20 Mister Laurel 9/4 wh bog 10 pts Impressed with this one lto. Was well supported and beat a horse I like in Cheviot and I was on cheviot that day but felt ML would have gone down an unlucky loser if he had lost. He was last off the bridle but couldn’t find room for a while and it looked like being crucial. However he still picked the second up late on and in the end was ever so slightly cosy at the end despite the narrow margin. A four pounds rise today I don’t think is that harsh and he could win again.

Re: Ripon - 25/4/09 2.20 RIPON - MISTER LAUREL (6F, CLASS 3, G/FIRM) Trainer thinks a lot of this horse & that it has improvement in it. Duly won 1st time up over C/D 2 weeks ago. it ran in 2 of the big sales races for 2yo's last year without troubling the judge but its current mark of 79 still looks like a winning one to me. By Diktat, the horse could run over anything up to a mile & i wonder if they will go to 7f at some point this season. The horses to beat are Proclaim up 7lb for last weeks win & Coleorton Choice who boasts a c/d win but now 7lb higher than last win.