Bangor-on-Dee (eve) 24/4/09

7.45 Bangor This 3m handicap chase looks competitive and several have winning form around the trip. Killard Point is a CD winner and looks to have claims but the trainer's form offputs me slightly so I'm passing over. The two I like most are Mr Big and Marufo. Marufo is fairly unexposed and the switch to drying ground seems to have brought some improvement out of him of late. Trainer Heather Dalton fired in a winner the other day to suggest trainer form isn't an issue, but Mr Big looks big at 7/2 and I think he holds the strongest claims. His profile has a very consistent look to it and the trainer couldn't have hoped for much better form after banging in 5 winners from his last 11 runners in the past fortnight. One of those wins came courtesy of this one, who won over this trip at Chepstow, and he turns out under a penalty here as a result. The handicapper will be hitting him with a further 2 lbs in the future so he is officially well in for today, and having won on firm ground back in Ireland I think he rates as the one they have to beat as his stamina is assured and his confidence is likely to be high. 7/2 Sporting Bet