Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital

jolly67

Mrs Jolly told me about this today, it's in aid of her workplace. Looks like a bit of an odd setup, shootouts then a MTT final. I'm going check my rota for next month and enter one of the heats.I'd appreciate if any of the folks up this way could support it:ok www.paddypowercharityopen.com logo.gifbest_prize.pngprize.gif

• 1st
  • All expenses paid trip and entry to the 2010 Irish Open
  • 2nd
  • All expenses paid trip for 2 to Las Vegas
  • 3nd
  • VIP for 2 at Cheltenham Gold Cup + £100 bet per person
  • 4th
  • Weekend for 2 in Dublin
  • 5th to 10th

• All expenses VIP for 2 (Drink and meal) Ayr Gold Cup 19th September 2009 + £100 free bet each + Exclusive Paddy Power memorabilia
bottom_bg.gifhow_to_enter.gif
  • Stage 1
  • ONLY £12 entry fee per heat
  • Stage 2
  • Click to register
  • Stage 3
  • Pay online via credit card or bank tranfer using Paypal

bottom_bg.gifregister_now.gif

• Heat 1 - Saturday 16th May
  • transparent.gif
  • Heat 2 - Sunday 17th May
  • transparent.gif
  • Heat 3 - Saturday 23th May
  • transparent.gif
  • Heat 4 - Sunday 24th May
  • transparent.gif

bottom_bg.gifGRAND Final - Saturday 30th May Headerimage.jpgBE PART OF SCOTLANDS LARGEST EVER LIVE POKER TOURNAMENT 4 Heats - 1- Final - 3 Weekends Saturday 16th and 23rd - Sunday 17th and 24th Registration is between 10:00 and 11:30am with play starting at 12:00 noon Tournament Venue @ The Normandy Hotel, Renfrew -www.cosmopolitan-hotels.com In Aid of Erskine Hospital -www.erskine.org.uk ALL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED UNDER STANDARD TEXAS HOLD'EM RULES HOW IT WORKS QUALIFY FROM 2 x SIT n GO'S TO REACH THE FINAL

• - 4 heats of 500 - 50 x 10 player sit and go (Shoot-out) - Top 2 qualify per table = 100 players - 10 x 10 player sit and go Winner of table qualifiles (10 qualifying players per heat) for Grand Final on 30th May 2009 = 40 player MTT (Texas Hold'em No Limit)

Strictly for over 18's only For additional information please with regards to accommodation, travel or any questions or queries please contact [email protected]

Re: Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital How you doing mate... glad to see the word is spreading fast. The event will be Europes largest tournament with 500 players per day. Professioanl poker players & Heart of Midlothian footballers have already signed up to attend this event. Its a SHOOTOUT format meaning if you finish in the top 2 from the first 10 person sit & go you will qualify for another sit & go on the same day. The winner of this sit & go will qualify for the 40person MTT on 30th May. It means you have to beat 17 players to reach the final instead of 500.... The starting stack will be 5k in chips with 30min blind levels (starting @ 50/100). The reason behind the format is so each day can be staffed @ a minimum cost meaning more money for the charity & the fact a 500 player field would go for days otherwise... Any questions please post & i'll be happy to help. Regards Ryan

Re: Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital Great cause im sure, but dont get your facts wrong before you've even hosted the event lol BoylePoker International Poker Open has a 650 player per day (2 starting days) so your 1000 player event (if it sells out) will still be 300 short of their runners......... GL with it all tho!

Re: Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital

Great cause im sure, but dont get your facts wrong before you've even hosted the event lol BoylePoker International Poker Open has a 650 player per day (2 starting days) so your 1000 player event (if it sells out) will still be 300 short of their runners......... GL with it all tho!
:tongue2 this has 4 starting days Morlspin, so potentially 2000 players.

Re: Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital The largest European event to date (to the best of our knowledge) has been approx 1300 players. We are aiming @ 500 per day = 2000 players. We had originally marketed it as Scotlands biggest until we were corrected by a major Euopean Events manager @ the Irish open last week. It was very kind of him to point out we wer under selling the event !!! So come on guys sign up today & help a worthy cause................ Sign up on www.paddypowercharityopen.com Updates available on http://www.bebo.com/charitypokeropen Many Thanks

Re: Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital Thanks for clearing that up for me guys. Id rather make myself look silly on here than risk letting you guys look daft by advertising something badly. Glad to see its gonna be a big one and ill keep my fingers crossed it sells out for you. My only worry is that its a long way to come for many players for a £12 stt...... Will there be any plans to have side events? cash games etc so that it may be worth it for numbers to come up

Re: Charity Tourny in aid of Erskine Hospital It will be a full day of poker mate. 5k starting stack with blind levels increasing every 30 mins (starting 50/100) should mean plenty of poker. If you are unfortunate to go out early there will be other tables set up seperate from the main tournament. 12 noon - Stage 1 - 50 x 10person Sit n Go's (2 qualify each table) 5pm Break 6pm - Stage 2 - 10x 10 person Sit n Go's (winner of each table qualifies for final 30th May) The format means we will have 40 tables free in the evening to run smaller tournaments. The plan is to raise as much as is possible for the Erskine Hospital and we figure the best way to so that is by keeping as many poker players as possible in the venue :) Any questions feel free to give me a bell 0782 555 9724 Ryan

• 1 month later...