Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season (+42pts)

I have nearly completed my list of horses to follow this flat season, and have therefore decided to open up my thread for the flat season. The flat season really gets underway today, with the Craven meet at Newmarket, and although I am in Japan, I am keeping tabs on it! My jumps horses to follow made a small loss, that would have been a profit had I been backing the selections priced 5/1 or higher each way. The good thing about running these threads is that you learn from mistakes/errors and build on them. I will also be running an ante-post part of the thread. This will not be deducted from the main bank, but selections and analysis will be posted as anything catches my eye. Therefore, the the flat season I will be backing each way at prices of 5/1 or higher. I will be placing my bets using Paddy Power as they are guaranteeing best price on every race, a great concession in my opinion. Starting bank is 200pts. Selections of 9/2 or less will be backed 2pts win. Selections of 5/1 or more will be backed 1pt each way. :ok:ok:ok

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac on the flat - 2009 season Bet 1 - 3.35 - Newmarket - ART CONNOISEUR At last! Some top drawer flat racing on turf. This is when the season REALLY starts for me. I have been a fan of Art Connoiseur since he won his first couple of starts at Leicester and Newmarket, before winning with a stunning change of gears at Royal Ascot, where he absolutely hacked up. I backed him for the 2000 Guineas straight after that at 25/1. Although that price is still available, I doubt it will be if Art Connoiseur can prove he is back to full fitness after breaking a cannon. His last 2 starts where below par, but he has shown he has talent, and is finishing 2nd to Mastercraftsman really that bad a result after 3 good wins earlier in the season? This horse is on my list of horses to follow and I make him an exceptional E/W chance at the very least here, if he really is back to full fitness. 1pt E/W @ 11/2 (Paddy Power)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.