another hand from last night

teaulc

in this hand i am short stacked and upon getting 9/9 had decided to push. Washman had already pushed as he was in same position,and knowing his range of play wasnt too worried.now Greener got a bit miffed and called me a few names which i found quite funny. now if i had been in Greener`s position i would folded,what would you have done?? GAME #-2107636283: Texas Hold'em NL Tournament 2009-04-13 21:44:54 Table APAT Irish Online Champs Sat, 284523572, 2482313001 (Tournament: APAT Irish Online Champs Sat Buy-In: $10+$1) Seat 1: teaulcpl ($2,175.00 in chips) Seat 2: RiverAsUsual ($5,315.00 in chips) Seat 4: pokernuts07 ($3,735.00 in chips) Seat 5: greener1982 ($5,875.00 in chips) Seat 6: Washman5 ($1,625.00 in chips) Seat 7: lynch1 ($7,215.00 in chips) Seat 8: travel52nearly ($7,075.00 in chips) Seat 9: suzy666 ($3,340.00 in chips) DEALER Seat 10: kosh101 ($7,172.50 in chips) kosh101: Post Ante $25.00 teaulcpl: Post Ante $25.00 RiverAsUsual: Post Ante $25.00 pokernuts07: Post Ante $25.00 greener1982: Post Ante $25.00 Washman5: Post Ante $25.00 lynch1: Post Ante $25.00 travel52nearly: Post Ante $25.00 suzy666: Post Ante $25.00 kosh101: Post SB $100.00 teaulcpl: Post BB $200.00 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to teaulcpl [C9 S9] RiverAsUsual: Fold pokernuts07: Fold greener1982: Call $200.00 Washman5: Raise (NF) $1,600.00 lynch1: Fold travel52nearly: Fold suzy666: Fold kosh101: Fold teaulcpl: Allin $1,950.00 greener1982: Call $1,950.00 *** FLOP *** [HK H10 D8] *** TURN *** [s2] *** RIVER *** [D9] *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $6,225.00 Rake -$25.00 greener1982: Shows [CK SA] Washman5: Shows [D10 HA] teaulcpl: wins $6,225.00

Re: another hand from last night I wouldn't be in greener's position, I would've opened with a raise and therefore made an automatic call with AK to yours or washman's reraise. I still think his call is ok, given the situation - vs two small stacks that have to move. He is getting correct odds against these hands or if he was against 99 and TT (or similar). Even when shortstacked you wanna be getting your chips in first. Washman is likely to push with many hands but it's still likely your racing. I think in your position though, it was ok to gamble-call.

Re: another hand from last night Washman has made a good move and is unlucky that u call him with 99 as u know ur at best 5050 and possibly a big dog to a big pair. Its unlikely he has raised with a small pair so I think you had an easy fold with 99. However you got lucky and thats poker well played. The guy with ak should have folded to a raise and a reraise with akos he cant be too keen on his chances.

Re: another hand from last night

Washman has made a good move and is unlucky that u call him with 99 as u know ur at best 5050 and possibly a big dog to a big pair. Its unlikely he has raised with a small pair so I think you had an easy fold with 99. However you got lucky and thats poker well played. The guy with ak should have folded to a raise and a reraise with akos he cant be too keen on his chances.
These aren't "proper" raises and re-raises though, not really. They are shorts-stack plays. Washman has to move pretty soon (I personally would've waited with his hand as there was a limper), as does tealc, it's 550 a round, and they both had less than 2k, they cannot wait. When small stacks move you must open your calling range. Therefore I think the AK call is ok, although like I say he should've opened with a raise rather than a call though. :ok

Re: another hand from last night Greener should have raised pre but is correct to call against a shortstack shove and call behind especially as he had yo both covered so could afford a calculated risk. I personally would have folded the 99 against washy's shove (even knowing washy's range hehe) much rather get it in first.

Re: another hand from last night I dont know how anyone can fold 99 here in Tealc's position. Washman has shoved over what is a ridiculous play by Greener, Tealc is in the BB and now has the chance to almost treble up. I read a book a few years ago that has a chapter on Men The Master - he stipulates that at some stage one has to gamble - this is that moment for Tealc. 99 is very fair hand to goto war with especially when playing such a short stack. If you had a 4k stack then you can pass them but with 225 in the middle already and now less than 2k against a limp and a shove from a fellow shrt stack, correct play imo. Yes you did need to get lucky but if you dont play the hands you'll never give yourself the chance to enjoy a bit of good fortune!! And by the way if GReener started giving me gyp about making that play after he limped with ak, he needs to get on the play money tables...

And by the way if GReener started giving me gyp about making that play after he limped with ak' date=' he needs to get on the play money tables...[/quote'] Agreed. What's likely is Greener's mad at himself for not raising PF (despite the fact that the money was likely gonna be going in anyway). AK is a pretty hard lay-down in his position though, esp. against short stacks who are more likely to shove with less-than-ideal hands. Up against 2 shorts, though, he had to know he wasn't favourite to win the hand.

Re: another hand from last night I thought Greeners play was acceptable. If he raises preflop, Washy folds and the big stack repops him he can then throw it away. If Washy shoves he can call and still be in the tourney after (probably) a 50/50 race. With two all-ins he then has a decision to make and chooses the right (but ultimately wrong) one considering what the pot was laying him.

I thought Greeners play was acceptable. If he raises preflop' date=' Washy folds and the big stack repops him he can then throw it away. If Washy shoves he can call and still be in the tourney after (probably) a 50/50 race. With two all-ins he then has a decision to make and chooses the right (but ultimately wrong) one considering what the pot was laying him.[/quote'] We should always be careful not to fall into the "ends justifies the means" trap. The result of this hand, or how decisions in this hand panned out is irrelevant. He didn't know that the other players had or what they planned to do, therefore it's a bad limp. Limp-calling (all in) with AK is never good at a full table. In my opinion. :ok