Fontwell - 7/4/09

2.30 Calusa Crystal 6/4 bet3 bog 15 pts This one could develop into a duel between this one and Call Me A Legend. Call Me A legend was involved in a similar duel on its last start and I opposed her with a similar priced horse. However that one fell just as things were hotting up and CMAL ended up with an easy win after another horse who was also with it that day also fell. That was CMAL second win on the trot and clearly she is in good form. However in Calusa Crystal she is up against another horse in good form. She has won two out of her three starts and fell in another one albeit she was beaten seemingly when she fell that day. However I like her recent form. She may have ‘only’ won by a couple of lengths last time but showed good courage to do so and the front pair were some way clear of a useful sort in third. The second may not have run great afterwards but that was in a tough aint handicap and previously he had shown the odd glimpse (the run behind karabak for example.) Officially CC has a few pounds in hand here and whilst sometimes with such a duel looking poised, it can come down to the jockeys and I would always take Choc over Johnson especially other hurdles, but on this instance Im going for Johnson and Calusa Crystal.