20090305 NL25 Benchmarking - 2+2 Test 7 - Pocket Pairs

GaF

From http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...Number=4946669

7. Pocket pairs. Under “Filters…” change the “Type of Hole Cards” to “Pairs.” This will show you how you generally play and perform with pocket pairs. Your Total VPIP with these should be EXTREMELY high; unless you play at highly unusual tables, I’d be surprised to see this number below 85%. Pocket pairs make extremely powerful hands that are extremely well-hidden; if you’re not playing them almost all the time, you’re leaving money on the table. Also, your Total PFR% with these hands should be rather high -- at least 1/3 of your VPIP, if not 1/2. Some people have this number higher still, and I don’t have a problem with that, especially at short-handed tables. If you have enough hands, I’d expect every one of these lines to be positive, and reasonably significantly so. If you have any glaringly negative numbers, especially AA-88, it may indicate bad play. Look over individual hands where you lose lots of money and see if you played too timidly early in the hand, or if you went too far unimproved in the face of resistance. Also, look at the hands where you won to see if you played too timidly, or if you routinely forced weaker hands out when you should have been milking them for profits.
VPIP > 85%PFR > 1/3VPIP
PunterPlayer01PassPass
PunterPlayer03PassPass
PunterPlayer04FailPass
PunterPlayer07PassPass
PunterPlayer09PassPass
PunterPlayer12PassPass
f_NL252plus2tm_e9e22c5.gif