Getting started?

sir_tubbs

I normally play tornaments mainly HU Sng's but thinking about playing some cash. I was wondering what the best tables to go onto. As i play HU should i play them or should i play 6max or 9? What amount is the best to bring to the table the suggest or full amount? How long do you stay at a table a set time, amount of hands, intill you reach a certain amount or intill you get bored. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Re: Getting started? If you're new to cash, I would suggest buying in at the minimum - a lot of sites go as low as 2c/4c now and I'm a firm believer in being able to beat every level before you move up (though I know a lot of people disagree with me on that). I would suggest 6max - Full ring allows you to "hide" too much - 6max gives you a lot of decisions to consider. I think HU tends to be dominated by a few regulars. How much? Well that's personal choice - I always buy in for the full amount, and top up as I lose - however it can be totally legitimate to buy in short - just remember that strategy is totally different if you buy in short, and you need to play a completely different game. How long? Again - that's up to you. I dont like until a certain amount - that means that you'll leave profitable tables early and stay at unprofitable tables too long - which is the reverse of what you want to be doing! Generally, you want to stay at a table as long as you believe you have an edge over the opposition - when that edge is no longer there, then you want to leave.