Aintree ~ 4th April 2009 - Grand National Day

Re: Aintree ~ 4th April 2009 - Grand National Day 13:45 - Cape Tribulation 10pts win @ 7/2 Bet365 (bog) I liked the look of this one at Cheltenham when he ran in the Albert Bartlett Novices' and although he ran ok I was slightly disappointed that he did not make the frame that day, he looked a classy sort when winning at Doncaster a few months ago, steps down in trip here to 2m 4f where he is a distance winner, Looks to have agood chance again here and ill have a another pop at this one to bounce back. 14:15 - Kalahari King 10pts win @ 13/8 Bet365 (bog) I did not like Tatenen for the Arkle and I cannot be having him either and the one who I think will take the beating is Ferdy Murphy's Kalahari King. He arrives here in good form having only been beating a short head in the Arkle, As I mentioned I did not think Tatenen even if he stayed on his feet would have come close to winning the Arkle so I think he has the beating of him here and I also think he should be to good for the rest. KK was slightly unlucky not to win the Arkle and if ridden a bit differently that day he just might of, I rate Graham Lee as a jockey but I do not think that was one of his best rides, however he can make amends here. 14:50 - Katchit 3pts e/w @ 14/1 Paddy Power (bog) Katchit has been a bit of a disappointment this year after winning the Champion Hurdle last year, however he still finished 6th in this years Champion and that was a very good run, he was not to far away from the winner at all. I mentioned the other day that I thought King and Thornton could have a good Aintree and I think they have had three winners so far, so they are in a bit of form. If Katchit is something like back to his best then he is sure to be in the mix here, I would love to see him win this. 15:25 - According To John 5pts e/w @ 9/1 Bet365 (bog) Like many races on the card today this race looks very open but I fancy According To John to bounce back here, he was off the track for over a year and made his comeback at Sandown back in January, he ran ok and it was not a bad comeback at all. He should come on for that run, this horse looked very classy winning his first six races and a 3rd back in '07 in the RSA Chase. Again if he is something like back to his best then he'll be in the mix here. 16:15 - Rambling Minster @ 11/1 William Hill (bog) The 'big one' and I fancy Rambling Minster to take it, a winner on his last two starts and quite an good winner LTO at Haydock, he saw off some very good horses and stayed on really well, before that he won at Cheltenham when defeating Alexanderthegreat & Character Building in a three way battle. this horse has done nothing but improve all season and it would top it off if he was to win this one, James Reveley saddles and he has been the jockey on both of the horses wins this season.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.