Deep stack QQ out of poisition facing 6xBB raise...

GaF

Re: Deep stack QQ out of poisition facing 6xBB raise...

Maybe I am too cautious in wanting the escape route open in case an overcard comes' date=' but in a tournament in the early levels I think that option is justifiable.[/quote'] The survival v chip accumulation debate is always interesting, but for me it comes down to 1 things. The goal of a tournament is to win every chip in play. It would take an incredible run of cards to win every chip in play without taking every edge you have, no matter how small. Edit : I'm pretty sure that if you were to look at the record of players who win big tournaments, they would not only have more prize money, but more early bustouts than other players, because they are always trying to take advantage of any edge, no matter what stage of the tournament.

Re: Deep stack QQ out of poisition facing 6xBB raise...

Yeah' date=' Martyn, I know the contrasting examples were a bit (ok, very :tongue2) extreme. My point was Washy had said shoving was the most +EV action, and, as those are the actions you want to be employing at all decisions, then I was just wondering if, if it is the most +EV action, Washy would do the same in a bigger event.[/quote'] Had a bit of a thought about this - if I was employing correct bankroll management then I personally would shove in any tournament in this situation. Only problem is I never exercise bankroll management :loon

Re: Deep stack QQ out of poisition facing 6xBB raise... All of the options are ok.......but the best option here is definately to re-raise. If everyone folds you pick up 25% of your stack, and if the standard is poor then you will get called by alot of worse hands and will be a big favourite to double up. This is a good situation for you in a poor tournament where you need to accumulate chips early.