Darts: Premier League Week 7

Thursday 19 March 2009Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
King, M v Jenkins, T (19:00GMT)1.905.803.3099.93 %Details »
Hide « King, M v Jenkins, T
Mardle, W v Wade, J (20:00GMT)7.206.801.37101.59 %Details »
Hide « Mardle, W v Wade, J
van Barneveld, R v Klaasen, J (21:00GMT)1.307.808.40101.65 %Details »
Hide « van Barneveld, R v Klaasen, J
Taylor, P v Part, J (22:00GMT)1.1512.0016.00101.25 %Details »

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 I'm taking 4 this week. 3pts Over 24.5 180's 4/5 Blue Square Last week we had 34 180's and that came after a weekend of normal tour events. We've had another weekend of tour events in the weekend just gone so I expect to see plenty of 180's here too. I like the look of the matchups and think we'll get a couple of close ones. The Barney vs Klaasen game has the potential to include a lot of 180's for example. 25 isn't a huge ask with the calibre of player on show in this event and I'll go with the overs here. 4pts M.King to beat T.Jenkins 10/11 Stan James Mervyn King has been excellent in this event so far and even though he got turned over by Barney last week I still think he can win this match. Terry Jenkins has been hit and miss in the event so far and he's yet to get his 1st win of the campaign. He's managed a few draws which could be a danger in this match as could a potential illness for King but when King's won his matches he's won them ridiculously easily. Hopefully he's over the illness which made him pull out of an event at the weekend and I'll take him to win this. 4pts J.Wade (-2.5 legs) to beat W.Mardle 8/11 William Hill James Wade has come back in style in the Premier League and there's plenty to suggest he'll be way too good for Wayne Mardle in this match. The one thing you rarely get against James Wade is a 2nd chance at a double because the Machine is deadly on the outer ring. He scores well too and can outscore Mardle. Mardle's been so hit and miss in this event, taking 2 8-1 tonkings already and to players who I'd class as worse than Part. I know Mardle throws 1st but I expect Wade to win this no worse than 8-5. 3pts J.Klaasen (+3.5 legs) to beat R.Barneveld 4/5 Blue Square Jelle Klaasen has started to show signs that he's finally finding his feet in the Premier League. His last two performances have shown enough that he's playing well again. His match with John Part last week showed his class and his bottle and the key thing is how he's scoring 180's now. Barney is Barney. You can get the sublime and the awful from him. These two played out an epic in the world championship where Barney was at his very very best. He won't be that good tonight and I definitely think Klaasen can stick with the Dutch master and take at least 5 legs.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 Looked at doing both Taylor and Wade on the handicap as well but decided against as Part can raise his game against a Taylor who hasnt been 100% in this league and because trying to guess the Wade which turns up isnt always that easy. Although I would say that given the handicaps it is probably even better to do wade -3.5 legs as even the -2.5 legs is predicting he will win by at least 2 breaks of the throw. The only way this does not come off is if Wade wins 8-5 and by doing so he will have to break Mardle in the 13th leg so you might as well do a correct score if thats the case. Anyway two for me: King 5/6 sj 10 pts King has been quality in this league and only in the last two weeks has he been without a win and he was far from disgraced in those two weeks as he was playing Taylor and Barney. He withdrew from an event at teh weekend by he should be up for this game to try and stay top of the table. Jenkins hasnt played as badly as his record suggests in this but the signs are heis just starting to struggle. In his last two PL games he hasnt been as impressive as he was earlier on and he seems to be finding his doubles really troublesome at times. Also he did nothing at the weekend where he didnt get past the last 32 stage and given the current form of the two players its King for me in this one. Barneveld v Klaasen over 6.5 180s evens sky 10 pts Could see quite a few 180s in this game. When they generally play it seems to bring the best out of Klaasen who often raises his game for the Dutchman. Klaasen hasnt been great in this league at all but that still hasnt stopped him getting a few 180s in during his games in particularly recently when he hit 6 last week. Im not sure I go along with the earlier comment that Barney is Barney and you get the sublime and the awful from him, I would like to know how awful is categorised then but the bottom line he is a tremendous player and his form is good. He beat the previously undefeated King last week and he a few trademark 180s with 6 in that game. I think this game might just have enough legs in it for 7 180s.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 In the style of Sid Waddell :loon Barneveld v Klaasen: Over 6.5 180s - Evs Skybet We're gonna be going double Dutch in the old lipstick tonight kids. Both of these highflyers from the lowlands can arrow in on that treble 20 with plenty good enough consistency to make the 6.5 quote look like kids play. King v Jenkins: Jenkins to win (DNB) - 7/4 Ladbrokes Mervyn may be The King, and he has been top banana so far this season, but his 100% record has vanished in the blink of an eye, and he is no Matador so won't be taming The Bull tonight. Jenkins hasn't got the points he's deserved so far and he can take advantage of King's man-flu to prevail with maximum points this evening. Taylor v Part: Taylor (-4.5 legs) - Evens Bet365 Cometh the hour, cometh The Power, and tonight the best player the galaxy has ever seen can dispose of the Canadian. Darth Maple's only chance will be if he can accidentally lop off a finger or 2 from the Stoke man's right hand with his light sabre before proceedings commence.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 Oh my giddy aunt, that Sid knows his stuff :nana lol

In the style of Sid Waddell :loon Barneveld v Klaasen: Over 6.5 180s - Evs Skybet (didn't see it tonight so dunno??? :unsure) King v Jenkins: Jenkins to win (DNB) - 7/4 Ladbrokes :cow Taylor v Part: Taylor (-4.5 legs) - Evens Bet365 :cow