Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera

Someone's got to be questioning Calzaghe's credentials as a trainer after tonight aswell.
I'd agree with that especially based on the Maccarinelli fight, just posted this in the boxing thread in Sports Banter:
We had a look in running during the Enzo fight, the round before the KO, Enzo was 1-20 for the win, the other fella was 9-1 for the KO. I said to Kevshat the other fella won't win on points and we noticed the big right hand all night and KO was the value but left it alone. Enzo Calzaghe should have been telling him to work behind a tight defence and win on points as he was well ahead but his shots had no effect on the big fella in front of him and he just kept shrugging his shoulders and was comfortable to work with his back on the ropes. He left his chin out in the air and got whacked by the same right hand he'd been avoiding all night long. It's time he retired, he's going nowhere.
Every man and his dog could see the danger of that big right hand, keep the workrate up, keep the gloves up and defence tight and edge out on points. I want to see the punch on TV that ended it, looked a belter from where we were sat.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera ...Norvern Monkey, just got off the phone with Sky and they have effectively given me the fight for free, the £15.63 won't be on my bill as a gesture of good will or something or other. If you phone through and explain what happened then they might do the same for you... Ask to be put through to a 'team leader' (basically a different sweaty to the one that answers the phone)

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera Hairs on the back of the neck stood up for Barrera's reception. Nowt sinister, just being recognised for what he's done in the sport. MAB should have pulled a Rahman or Guerrero after the cut. In US or for the home fighter that's a stonewall No Contest. Improvement in Khan was the high defence which is imperative with them whiskers. Warren going to come into his own now, evading the top boys in the division to get that title shot.

Re: Boxing: 13th & 14th March including Khan vs Barrera

Hairs on the back of the neck stood up for Barrera's reception. Nowt sinister, just being recognised for what he's done in the sport. MAB should have pulled a Rahman or Guerrero after the cut. In US or for the home fighter that's a stonewall No Contest. Improvement in Khan was the high defence which is imperative with them whiskers. Warren going to come into his own now, evading the top boys in the division to get that title shot.
A few young Asian lads in front of us were booing Barrera, absolutely clueless and had no respect for a true ring legend. :@