Diary of a PL Punter - please join in!

Its back, the greatest show on "turf" TV coverage is 2nd to none with RUK starting from the course at 0930 with interviews all day etc personally read the Racing Post & then watching a recording of the Morning line followed by study for tomorrows racing. Put my bets on for the races i hadnt covered around midday & then awaited the 1st race. didnt pick up anything in the 1st at all & barely had a shout although the winner was in my final 5. 2nd race & i looked to pick up some dosh from Imsingingtheblues or KK. I had an ew on Gauvain at big odds also. I didnt fancy Tatenan as it needed it softer but didnt think it would fall. I screamed at Graham lee to get KK over that last fence on a leg to start catching the leader. Unfortunately, it failed by about a shd in great finish. 3rd race ended up wiht 5 running for me & duly had the winner & the 3rd, great ride by McCoy after hitting the usual flat spot. Great tip from the trainer who made it his banker. 4th race & this was going to be when i collect by beating hendersons horse, only problem was we forgot about his other one! I had CH at 9's & 12's for the race & would have finished on Friday with a profit even if i failed to notch another winner. Screams of R-U-B-I-EEEEEEE still failed to get it home !! again only a nk behind in 2nd. Didnt bet in the 5th race but a great race to watch. The last & i failed to spot the Mullins made this his banker despite talking about it all day!!! Got taken in by the big prices on offer & failed to cash in. All in all, a losing day but a couple of places helped me in the systems thread & i manged to win on the distances also. So far yet so close!! Onto tomorrow!

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Annying day really for me Copper Bleu just touched off for a place, then probably my biggest bet of the day Imsingingtheblues let me down Nenuphar Collognes got me a place in a tight finish, then had a small speculative bet on HArchibald which unsurprisingly did nowt Was stuck at work refreshing BBC Sport!! Just isn't the same...... Half day tomorrow though, going back to Worcester and can't wait to sample Cheltenham on Thurs and Fri Will look later for tomorrow

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Had to place most of my bets last night/this morning due to a hospital appointment and then Uni in the afternoon. SO it was a case of recording the races and resisting the temptation throughout the afternoon to check the results. The first race was a bad start for me with my big ante post bet on Cousin Vinny (range of prices from 6/1 all the way down to 3/1). I wouldnt discount the horse for the future though. He needs further than the bare 2 miles and I dont think he was at his best today. I had 2 savers still in with a chance over the 2nd last (Shoreacres and Copper Bleu) but they couldnt get to impressive winner Go Native. Ended up with none in the first 3. Hoped the second race would see my luck change and I really fancied my main selection Golden Silver despite the lack of rain overnight. He beat Forpadydeplasterer last time and I couldnt see why Golden Silver should start significantly bigger. The betting was correct though and Forpadydeplasterer edged out Kalahari King in a close finish. I was shocked KK got so close as I really thought the ground had gone against him. I cant wait to see this one chasing on genuinely good ground. Of my savers, Cornas ran well until making a mistake 2 out which scuppered his chances (33/1) and Original was never at the races. Onto the third and I probably staked more in this race on the day than any of the others. My two strongest fancies were Hot Weld (50/1) and Nenuphar Collonges (14/1). Hot Weld was always out the back and just found the trip too sharp - needed rain. However, Nenuphar Collonges produced a brilliant performance to collect 3rd. He was trapped wide the whole way, and missed a couple of fences. Stayed on well but was no match for the winner Wichita Lineman. WHAT A RIDE MCCOY :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy The Champion Hurdle got me out of a bit of a whole. I have been against Binocular for months and opposed him with a few at bigger prices. Coming for home, I had 2 in with a decent chance, Muirhead and Punjabi. Muirhead didnt get home but Punjabi held off all challengers to collect the prize (29/1) I am happy for the horse as he impressed me when winning at Punchestown last year after dissapointing in the Champion. He was then unlucky in the xmas hurdle and it was good to see him win on the big stage. I have to admit, Binocular ran well as did Crack away Jack, whom many had discounted. Race 5 was a case of playing very small stakes and enjoying the race. Out of 4 selections at big prices, I got the fourth @ 16/1 but certainly didnt make money on the race though. It may be an Edna Bolger appreciation fund, but those races are good to watch. The last race was what turned a slight losing day into a winning day. I fancied Quevega since I first looked at the cards and backed him accordingly at just under 3/1 on Betfair last night. Also backed Aura About You (40/1 3rd) whom I thought would appreciate the strong pace and had good form. Dissapointed with Gaspara my other saver though. Alll in all, it was a brilliant first day with a number of exciting finishes. The Festival is one of the few race meetings I can enjoy the racing even if I am losing as it is such a spectacle. The finish between Forpadydeplasterer had me watching tensely despite having nothing on either of them. Highlight of the day was McCoys ride on Wichita Lineman - again had no money invested. The guy is a genius :notworthy:notworthy

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! I have been waiting on tenderhooks about this meeting for ages & im so glad it here now took a weeks holiday from the work & bought a big screen TV a few weeks ago so as to watch the races in all their glory 1st Race Cousin Vinny followed this horse most of the season thought he would place but backed it to win finished 5th 2nd Race Forpadydeplasterer Finished behind Trafford Lad earlier in the season in a hot race have been following with interest backed it EW :nana 3rd Race Wichita Lineman Backed it to win thought id done my money when the horse made a mistake & clattered the side of a fence & McCoy pushing it along for all its might & some lucky Betfair punters got 59/1 in running (UNREAL)Then the McCoy magic began to work on the horse & he powered up the Cheltenham hill to win for a famous victory & the best ride i have ever seen by a Jockey totally amazing

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in!

I have been waiting on tenderhooks about this meeting for ages & im so glad it here now took a weeks holiday from the work & bought a big screen TV a few weeks ago so as to watch the races in all their glory 1st Race Cousin Vinny followed this horse most of the season thought he would place but backed it to win finished 5th 2nd Race Forpadydeplasterer Finished behind Trafford Lad earlier in the season in a hot race have been following with interest backed it EW :nana 3rd Race Wichita Lineman Backed it to win thought id done my money when the horse made a mistake & clattered the side of a fence & McCoy pushing it along for all its might & some lucky Betfair punters got 59/1 in running (UNREAL)Then the McCoy magic began to work on the horse & he powered up the Cheltenham hill to win for a famous victory & the best ride i have ever seen by a Jockey totally amazing
4th Race Binocular Backed this horse a few weeks ago at Ante Post looked like the winner for me just thought McCoy could have been a bit closer to the front two but was not to be 5th Race L'ami Small stake for me just to keep the interest finished 2nd & what a ride from Nina Carbeery to win she is a gem 6th Race Quevega backed earlier in the day when Mullins said in an interview that this was his best chance of a win this week so put a reasonable size stash on it was kept middle of the field & R Walsh gave a very good ride taking the horse through easily to record an easy victory & garanteed i finished today well up looking forward to tommorow i thought todays racing was exciting & absolutely brilliant

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! A difficult day for me as well and not a penny came back into the bank! I woke up early this morning at half five, it was like Christmas day only earlier, I tried to get back to sleep but it was only half sleep. When it got to a reasonable time I was up and off to work 45 mins earlier than usual to have time to browse all the papers in the garage for free bets :lol Found one in the mirror so scooted off to study to get the bet on before noon. Then I realised, unlike the Ladbrokes ones in the past, there was no time limit on this one with Will Hill. I had already placed my bets last week but had a little punt on the FTTS tips and guessed Ted's to be Ashkazar because he didn't have time to post. I also backed all of Choc Thornton's rides for King last minute in little doubles and trebles as I am happy to follow that pair blind. They are awesome. Then it got to 9 am and I had to do some work. I couldn't really concentrate but managed to get little bits done before disappearing off in the afternoon to watch the races. I really thought Medermit (took 16's last week) would get me off to a flyer but he ran out of room and was hampered by his bump into the favourite, and things didn't get any better in the Arkle when I'msingingtheblues, my second strongest fancy for the festival, was a big flop, and never looked like winning in the closing stakes. I was happy that Kalahari King didn't win, as he had been rolling around in the beach near my girlfriends parents the other week, and we said we should back him after they spotted the horse box. We didn't. Phew. I was annoyed that Star De Mohaison was pulled out of the William Hill and he was my main bet. Does that mean he is going for the GC? His odds for that were drifting massively up to yesterday but I hope he will still run and hope the rain stays away. I had Neptune Collonges placed at 20/1 in the race instead, but only backed it on the nose in multiples so again got nothing. The Champion hurdle was a big disappointment. Seeing a 22/1 shot come prompted mixed emotions. A couple of my mates lost money on Binocular so I was gutted for them but at the same time I like to see the hype horses beaten and this was one such instance. Although it did ruin my chances of beating victor and brought down many of my trebles for tomorrow which I had Binocular down as a banker. I think that result showed one thing, even bankers get beaten, and this is a top class festival full of top class horses and its inevitable big priced shocks will happen. I think my bet on Simarian for the Triumph looks slightly better than it did this morning and I am no longer gonna take notice of the market. If something is 20/1 it can still win here. I was happy for Henderson as I really fancy Barbers Shop for the Gold Cup so his double with geraghty pleased me in that respect as it showed they are in form. After failing to win anything in the first four races I didnt have much interest in the last two races. I picked garde champetre out for the various tipping comps but didnt back it singuarly - again showing my flawed staking so far. In the last I had Caroles Legacy from the FTTS and Chomba Womba but the fav hacked up and I couldn't complain. I thought the Choc horse had packed in but found out later it had taken 4th. The ride that impressed me most was, like many, Mccoy on Wichita Lineman, but Choc is jockey of the day for me for getting so many outsiders into place money and I have backed all of his for King tomorrow EW as again they are massive prices. Although I have lost 17 pts out of a 40 pt bank staked to date on todays results, I am feeling more confident about some of the outsiders now I have seen Binocular beaten. It was very difficult to oppose him today after his recent wins and if there is further rainfall the formbook will be torn up into smaller pieces still.

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Somewhat of a :wall day for me. I napped Medermit in every Cheltenham comp I entered as I really thought it would bring home the spoils, and I think it would have had Cousin Vinny not made a hash of the last and baulked it. The first of many exciting finishes that had me on the edge of my seat though. The Arkle was the only race I really got hugely wrong, having fancied Imsingingtheblues and Tartak, though only bet on Imsingingtheblues. I omitted Forpady as didn't think it would be good enough, despite it running in red and white and owned by some of the Sunderland investors (I grew up going to watch Sunderland). Next and my 2 for the race were SdM and Nenuphar Colonges, so when SdM was taken out I just doubled my e/w bet on Nenuphar Collonges. Again close but just not good enough. I had no money on Wichita at all so it is not a financially motivated opinion - WHAT a ride! Possibly the best ride I have seen. Astounding. Will edit with rest later...

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! I don't have time to make my studies and decide to play for fun, cos it was my first ever live racing and it happends in Cheltenham. When i went to the course i saw so many peoples and lost a lot of time after i get my pass. I went early to the course with the idea that i may use some net around to search, but in the press boxes all the places were booked in advance. So i just get my bagage on the back and went to the last hurdle/chase and position myslef to make shots. However i made some fun bets on the local bookies, was very funny, cos everyone gives elbows around :) Olie Magern was the closes of my selections as i took him on e/w at 66, but for second time in a row he showed stamina problems at the end....when i see him almost sure to get into places. I was happy that make some nice photos, despite the fact that my technic is totaly amateur, but my main job is to write, not to shot :) In my hotel i finally has a chance to buy electricity adaptor for my power cables, which helps me to get connection to internet and to reload the batteries of my laptop, phone and photo. And also has a chance to make some studies So for tomorrow will play Parson Pistol e/w on amateur chase and 4.00 Tistfielddream on place at betfair (bet365 gives also nice Top 5 place on 1/4 so it's possible to play it there but will decide at the morning)

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Done most of the hard work earlier last week it was all dependant on whether the forecast rain would come in any great quantity , it didn't so no great chance's were thought to be needed . Although i had nominated COUSIN VINNY to run well in WEDS BALLYMORE Hurdle i didn't risk a bet on the Supreme Hurdle for which he was declared ,especially after Willie Mullins lack of positivity after not travelling across too well . Bet 1 - TATANEN was my main bet in the Arkle and had it to win , unfortunately it gave Ruby no chance whatsoever of staying in the saddle when clounting the fence in front of the stands :( , it's at times like that when you really wonder what the point is of trying to find winners in races where they have to jump over ,at least, 8 Steeplechase fences where they could either fall , unseat their rider or knock the stuffing out of themselves at least 8 times :loon:loon:loon it's madness but we love it :ok Bet 2 - Even though the heavy rain forecast did not appear i was still sweet on the chance's of FORPADYDEPLASTERER , as he fitted all the right stats and was an attractive 10/1 so a nice EW bet was struck and he just held on despite KALAHARI KINGS valiant effort . Bet 3 - Had too many niggling doubts over BINOCULAR , not at least the price so OSANA took the main bet in the Champion . Now i know that OSANA is a front runner but going on couple of previous runs at Cheltenham i was expecting him to be held up just behind the leaders ; he didn't ; it lost ; i cursed . Feckin hate front-runners :@ Bet 4 - Small EW saver on KATCHIT was never really going to come in as he was being pushed along for a fair way out and finished 6th . I think he could well be worth following for the rest of the season as this was far better than he has shown in his previous runs this season. So we're in front after Day 1 [makes a change] and i should stop there but where's the fun in that !!! i can only lose the bookies money tomorrow :rollin

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! What a great day!:nana:nana:nana In to work for 5.30am and finished at 1pm(flexi time) so home in time for the first race! I'd put on my bets the previous night in case I missed the start and got off to a flyer when Go Native scraped in at 12/1....well pleased then noticed I'd taken 11/1:cry Ah well, the 1st bet up on a Patent is always a great start......it got better when Forpadydeplasterer came in at 8/1 (had the same price this time) I'm now trying to work out how much I'm getting back if my 3rd one wins...yep you've guessed it...good old AP with the ride of the century on Witchita Lineman.....and this time I had 6/1:drums:drums:drums One of my largest ever returns on one slip although I lost over £270 due to feckin Rule 4's on two of the races.:cry:cry:cry My 2nd Patent saw me oppose Binocular with a Nicky Henderson outsider....I picked the wrong one, going for Sentry Duty when Punjabi won! Garde Champetre and Quevega both won to give me 5 winners which is 5 more than I've probably had at Cheltenham in the last 3 years!:lol:lol Top of the Lounge Tipsters table too...it doesn't get much better than that.:eek Off to pick tomorrows hopefuls but I'm sure normal service will be resumed!:ok TQM

What a great day!:nana:nana:nana In to work for 5.30am and finished at 1pm(flexi time) so home in time for the first race! I'd put on my bets the previous night in case I missed the start and got off to a flyer when Go Native scraped in at 12/1....well pleased then noticed I'd taken 11/1:cry Ah well, the 1st bet up on a Patent is always a great start......it got better when Forpadydeplasterer came in at 8/1 (had the same price this time) I'm now trying to work out how much I'm getting back if my 3rd one wins...yep you've guessed it...good old AP with the ride of the century on Witchita Lineman.....and this time I had 6/1:drums:drums:drums One of my largest ever returns on one slip although I lost over £270 due to feckin Rule 4's on two of the races.:cry:cry:cry My 2nd Patent saw me oppose Binocular with a Nicky Henderson outsider....I picked the wrong one, going for Sentry Duty when Punjabi won! Garde Champetre and Quevega both won to give me 5 winners which is 5 more than I've probably had at Cheltenham in the last 3 years!:lol:lol Top of the Lounge Tipsters table too...it doesn't get much better than that.:eek Off to pick tomorrows hopefuls but I'm sure normal service will be resumed!:ok TQM
Fantastic effort!

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Only had one bet today which was Binocular backed him on friday at 11/8 expecting the odds to be lower on the off, last night i started to have my concerns about him and wither he would have enough stamina to make it up the hill with enough left to power on to victory but that was not to be the case and the second i saw he had lost it I got that awful feeling which occurs when I lose a bet that I was so confident about. I think from now on I will be extremely careful about betting anti post as if I sad down and properly thought it all through and waited to see Binocular before the race I may not have been so hasty to take him.

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! I had al my bets on last night and had to record the racing due to be being at College. Got home and the first thing I did was watch the racing. Had Red Moloney each way in the first which seemed to always be thereabouts but just died down near the end so it wasn't a good start for me. Second race, I had fancied Forpaddydeplasterer but then put myself off him which I now regret. I was on I'msingingtheblues and Golden Silver both each way, so again no returns. The third race was where I finally won some cash and had my first ever first day winner at Cheltnham despite this only being my 3rd year of backing. Had Witchita Lineman @ 13/2 and like many others thought it was beat when it blundered halfway round bot boy was I wrong, AP your a hero! 4th race as just going to have an each way shot as I felt Binocular was win but I ended up having a small stake win on it, was gutted that it didn't win but Punjabi deserved it. Was also on Snap Tie each way, just never really seemed to get going. 5th race produced my 2nd winner of the day in Garde Champetre, loved the race and was confident all the way through that it was going to get up and win. Brilliant ride from Nina Carberry. Final race I had a small stake win on United, just listened to the race as I don;t have RUK so can't really comment. All in all a god day, a small profit albeit still a profit :)

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Had the auditors in for what seems like weeks but is only a day and a half. Decided to take the afternoon off. Had posted my selections Monday night, suspect people only look at them now to see what to lay or avoid. Bit like the fantasy league at work - theres a bloke who as soon as he buys a player he never scores another point!! Suffice to say, I've had Swartzer - all season - he buys him and look what happens, anyway off the point there. Nothing in the first. In the Arkle I backed Original - thought he did it well at Kempton, only mention he got was pulling up. Backed Forpadytheplasterer last year, but not this year. In the 2:40 had The Sawyer, he led for about three miles, thought he might be placed as he faded, but no. Champion Hurdle - had a theroy that Nicky Henderson would win but not with Binocular, so backed Sentry Duty. Nicky Henderson wins Champion Hurdle not with Binocular but with Punjabi, I bet him last year with Katchit, but not this year. Decided to have bet on X counrty - don't like the race - have a small wager on Garde Champetre, great stuff from Nina, now looking through fixtures for next cross country race. Thought I'd have another small bet in the last - well I'd taken leave - best not to waste me time off. Went for United, never close to hugely impressive winner. Can't have time off tomorrow - will rely on internet. Think I can get Racing UK on me phone but will cost small fortune and at rate I'm losing money I can't afford that.

Final race I had a small stake win on United, just listened to the race as I don;t have RUK so can't really comment.
She ran her usual race mate, as I said in my post for BBOTD, she is a model of consitency but she was completely blown out of the water by the winner. No disgrace in that though.

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Was going to back Cousin Vinny but decided not to after hearing of the bad vibes from the stable. Backed Tatenen who fell early doors and I thought "here we fcking go". Layed Binocular and really pleased with that one getting beat (although I have to admit my arse was twitching like a rabbits nose at the finish)but it was a bit of a bitter sweet pill to swallow as I talked up Punjabi at the start of the season but didn't have a penny on him. After laying Bincoular was going to leave it for the rest of the day but decided to dutch Lami and Garde Chempatre as I really thought the winner would come from these 2 but at the last minute did a reverse forecast. A bet which I rarely ever do and I think the last time I did one I picked Anan pekan and Misternando in the Chester Cup.

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Second day & again lots of studying around the trends & stats. Read the Weekender back to front & decided that although they had tipped up What a Friend, i felt that the value wasnt there & this wouldnt win. One of mymain festival fancies was always Massinis Maguire but really i wanted faster ground to ensure it would stay the 3 up the hill. its come up the hill twice before so i was confident it would. Cooldine was in my final 3 & i couldnt leave out course specialist Ballyfitz. I was happy with Massinis but failed again to back it EW, so lost money on something i could have won on. I am not going to talk about the 1st as i ballsed up my trends & missed the winner (probably due to rushing last night) In the Ballymore, i was disappointed with Karabak & pity Choc didnt keep the ride as i dont think the horse ran to its full merit today leaving the irish winner to stay in front of it. I thought that needed softer ground but Ruby was riding well today. I did all the hard work getting the price 46.0 on The Nightingale & was happy to let the bet ride for a bit of fun. I knew in my heart that Williams would not win on it. This will make a decent chaser in the future. The 1-2-3 was fairly easy to pick to be honest. I went for Master Minded to win by 11L or more & was not happy to see Well chief going so well in behind. I was hoping Ruby would have gone for home earlier but i think he kept a bit back today, although last year was still a freak! Pleased to see Petit Robin placed as i had a little each way In the Coral i jumped on the gamble on both The Polomoche & Psycho but both were not in with a shout as Psycho didnt get the trip. I had the winner in my last 6 or 7 but didnt manage to put it in. The bumper was my saviour & a blind bt on a tip from a mate duly returning at 9/2 as i missed all the prices. I managed a win on the overall distances after only 4 races having 32L + thanks to the 1st race & Cooldine hosing up Onto tomorrow ......

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! A pretty similar sort of day for me again today, nothing special at all and I was fast losing interest in the racing until a couple of results went my way in the Coral Cup and Fred Winter. I did my usual in the morning scouring the papers for free bets. The best I could find was a measly quid in the Sun, but I wanted a paper for the racecard anyway so bought it and used it. I misread the voucher and thought it had to be used by 9.30 am, so took a detour into town to get to Laddies to use it as the bookies near work didn't open until later on! A couldn't be bothered with the hassle of going back to pick up any meagre returns so did 10p doubles on all of choc's rides with Mirage Dore in the hope of landing a 100/1 double or something. Mirage Dore was second at a big price and Saticon was placed, so wasn't a million miles away. I started the morning with a returned stake as Simarian was pulled out of the Fred Winter. I used a half of it on Pangbourne who led for most of the way before pulling up. I was happy with the third though as I have backed Nine de Sivola for the National and on that evidence he looks like he is coming back to form a little after some dubious runs this term. I had Junior TBP in the Ballymore and thought it would go well after taking 40's in the doubles and 10/1 just for the place last night, as it got caned into 18'1. It never at any point looked like winning, although my main bet in this race was ante-post on Karabak - another that made the frame but which i had backed on the nose - the story of my festival really. I was on What a Friend in the RSA so again was disappointed. My 75p pales into significance though when reading the paper and seeing some nutter Man Utd fan had now lost about £10k or something after doubling the same horse up with Man U v Inter tonight :rollinI was willing Carruthers on to win as the underdog but as soon as he went through the fence I knew the fav had won. In the Queen Mother I was desperate to see Master Minded beaten. I decided to nap against it with Big Zeb EW but he fell. Thinking about it now I really should have backed with a bookie refunding on fallers. I didn't, I had it TBP as well as in the Choc doubles. Choc's fall meant Hutchinson took the ride on the rest of Choc's rides of the day though and I thought, great, so much for following all of his rides today! However, Hutchinson did manage to get Saticon into the places in the Fred Winter for a place only return of 9/2 as well as an EW single. That was my second winner of the festival, after Mirage Dore (taken at 20's) placed in the Coral Cup. Finally I was up and running, but still down overall over both days. In the last I was on Bygonesofbrid because of the Choc factor (even though Hutch rode in the end). He never looked to have a prayer but I was happy with the result because the well backed favourite got turned over. How can anyone lump onto something like that in a bumper where form is sparse on the ground and things look wide open?!! Although I managed a couple of places it was still another poor day for me and I am losing interest in the festival gradually. I am looking forward to the next races but only because it means the flat season is getting closer! I was distracted by the news Bradford have signed Keith Gillespie and that is better news than any fesitval result to me as it boosts our chances of promotion with a class winger like him on board. If I manage a winner tomorrow I'm sure i'll feel the magic!

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! Had a disaster of a first day, only 2 places and well down. How things changed today. 1st race was a continuation of yesterday, with bets on pangbourne and Can't buy time going wayward. 2nd race, I had lumped on Mikael D'Hauganet last night at 4/1 and just got that "feeling" that this was gonna be my first winner. 3rd race had Massinis Maguire E/W at 12/1 on a single bet and who was also in my 2 euro EW lucky 15 with Celestial Halo from yesterday. 4th race I backed well Chief W/O MM so was chuffed to see the old boy storming up the hill. Add to the fact i also had Petit Robin in my E/W lucky 15 that gives me 3/3 places at 16/1, 10/1 and 14/1 in that bet. If Neptune Collognes runs a place on friday I stand to get 802 euro back :hope 5th Race I had mirage door E/W so even more profit. 6th race was my big winner of the day with 50 e/w on Silk affair. BOOM! :nana Backed the favourite in the last but was on such a buzz I just enjoyed Dunguib's demolition job and the Irish chalking up yet another winner. A brilliant day for me personally and pockets full for an all out assault on tomorrow and a heavy days drinking on friday :beer

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! 13.30 Backed Nine De Sivola EW in the first came 3rd at 16/1 :) & given a good ride round by Mrs R Dobbin one to watch 14.05 Small stakes in running on Mikael D'haguenet came home easily good return from my stake easy winner 14.40 Backed Cooldine to win a few weeks ago Ante-Post just before the off in his last race which he won let my money ride no top up duly cantered to victory :nana:nana 15.20 Could not touch Master Minded at its odds so just took the pleasure of watching a brillaint horse in action thought their was more to come but their was no reason to push the horse with the race in the bag 16.00 Did Pause And Clause EW at 16/1 was then gambled on course before the off watched the horse going round just behind the leaders & knew he would be produced late so i was cheering him on in the run up but tired late to finish a good 3rd place landed :) 16.40 Had to go & pick up the wife :( so had a small win stake on Alexander Severus finished 4th 17.15 Backed Sicilian Secret a couple of weeks ago on what Mullins had said in an interview about its chances & the fact of the trainer having a great track record in this bumper event never seen the race got the result after coming back from the hairdressers with the wife a loser to end the day but the wifes hair looks lovely :) Did well today again today :hope for tommorow

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! for some reason i always look forward to Thursday & today would be no exception... Failed to follow mr Nicholls advice from the morning papers where he said his best chance would be Chapoturgeon, threw away silly money on backing 5 horses in what turned out to be a procession with an easy winner I got stuck into Ballydub & Pennek, but backed both to win. had a late tip for Buena Vista which also went down in 2nd. Had 2nd & 3rd again though so knew i was getting there. The ryanair pissed me off, firstly i had a covering double on VPU & KB in case both won. Then backed Tidal ew as a bet to nothing & then listened to the trainers interview where he said he hadnt done his work & the horses are not 100%, in 1st 4 would be happy. Jockey was quite happy to sit out the back & then roll in for 4th by staying on. I dont think the horse had a race & if fit, could be a decent price for Aintree now. The winner was my paddy power winner & i knew i had to ignore the King George as the horse is better LH & at Cheltenham, alas i failed to back it & VPU went down also I had Big Bucks at 14;s ante post but only for small chnage back In january so decided not to have a bet in the race for some strange reason, my head had gone by now & i was pleased to see BB win. the next race i was certain i had got it right & tipped up Something Wells, it was a trend horse but IMO had great form & wasnt that harshly treated. Also ran at last years festival & was still in touch when falling that day. I took 42.0 on Betfair & had a win bet (!), it ran the race to perfection, i love that jockey now as my bank is swelled after it won!!! Wasnt that bothered about the last as still in a daze after backing that big winner, but backed 4 & managed to get pretty star at 22.0 but it managed a great 2nd place. also had the distances bet & failed by a measly 0.5L to win money! & a nice return on an ew lucky 31 with 3 places & a 33/1 winner! Last day tomorrow...

Re: Diary of a PL Punter - please join in! bowles, great day u have:))) I decide to follow today few of the races at the bookies shop in Cheltenam racecourse to watch it and to drink some beers and the one that picks the people around was on SOmething Wells, there were so much people that bets on Ping Pong and then curse the jockey... However was nice that u got such a great shot. Today i catch my first win at the festival going with modest e/w bet on first ever Aidan COleman win on the festival, taking it on 25/1 at one of the local bookies shops in the racecourse. Was great feeling, however i was one again at the bookie shop watching it closely on tv then on the track. The race i follow on the track, taking pictures closely was world hurdle were i got my second win as e/w on powerstation. I was almost to cut my ticket as Kasbah was third with very nice marging before the last (i was standing just right to the last hurdle) and couldnt see the finish. But then when i heard that powerstation is third and saw it on the bookies screens was cool :) Not so big winnings as i play for fun, but with previous win enough to cover my entire beers sessions and lost bets until now. For Ryniar i was very much thinking on Tidal Bay or Monet's Garden and selected Monet's w/o Voy for e/w bet on 10.00. Monet looking great just before the race, but made a lot of small mistakes during the course as wel as Tidal, who didn't jumps properly more then 2-3 fences at all. Last race was a real miss. Yesterday, when the race finished and i get a free race list for today racing the only horse that attract my attention during the bus/train comming back to worcester was Charecter Building. He looked very well before the race, but i select Le Duc for e/w bet :) Was great race for the gray, who may beat the field with far more legs... Was great day including all the girls, that came with some very funny haircuts and hats :))) There was one attractive lady that scored 10 P win on Charecter Building in the last race and every single male around her used the chance to hug her with one hand on her sweet ass :)))