Staking plans for Cheltenham

I dont want to know how much moneyt you will be staking but how you will divi up the bank for the 4 days my usual route is to have 25% each day divided up into the same amount per race on each day. i then back the amount of horses i want to in each race so e.g. £300 £75 per day £10 a race divided by the amount of horses i back (£15 left over for "spares") I dont back anything EW at Cheltenham as i have multiple selections in each race. Now, if i looked at the following, would it be better? £300 bank NAP per day @ £20 NB per day @ £10 Leaving £45 per day to split amongst the other selections? This way i would have the most money going onto the 2 horses i fancy the strongest? Example 1 is level stakes & example 2 isnt. What are your plans & any comments on my post?

Re: Staking plans for Cheltenham Firstly it's incorrect to evenly split your bank for each day. You may fancy your chances more on the Thursday than you do the Wednesday for example - so why stake the same? For someone who has a betting bank aside for the meeting: If your bank is £300 then I would put 50% aside for your strongest five bets for example. Doesn't have to be 5 best bets obviously, I think perhaps 10% per strong fancy is fair though. With the remaining 50% I would divide over the remaining days (unless there are difference in opinion strength). For races that aren't one of your five then it's ok to have level stakes given the circumstances. After all, your best bets are already accounted for. That way you have an interest throughout the meeting (which I think you want) but still give yourself every chance to show a profit. Be sure not to up-stake too much (on the regular bets) if you have a good Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't have a seperate bank for Cheltenham so I have no experience with that sort of thing, but the above makes sense to me and it's how I would play it.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.