Scenario - Facing Donk Bet

GaF

Havent extracted any data yet - but this is the next scenario I'm planning on looking at - feel free to post any comments or thoughts you have :ok (as soon as I have the data, I'll post, I'm not holding back for responses - but that doesnt mean I dont want them :hope). For anyone who is unsure what a donk bet is: http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/docs/?doc=statref#donk

A donk bet is betting out before the aggressor on the previous street has chance to bet. E.g. you check/call the flop, and then bet out on the turn.
The specific scenario I'm intending to look at: I raise pre flop We see a flop I am in position An opponent donk bets into me I read that as weakness and frequently reraise with any cards - I typically read it as a pocket pair with overcards on the board, or a flopped middle or bottom pair - basically someone who is weak and wants to find out where they are in the hand.....

Re: Scenario - Facing Donk Bet

The specific scenario I'm intending to look at: An opponent donk bets into me
This isn't a filter on PT3 :unsure So instead I'm putting in "Facing Raise on the Flop" which I would think is very similar :unsure

Re: Scenario - Facing Donk Bet Broken down by when we see the turn (top) and when we dont see the turn (bottom). When we dont see the turn - it may be because we fold to the opponents bet, or it may be that we reraise and fold to a 3bet. f_Scenario041m_9720bc7.gif

Re: Scenario - Facing Donk Bet What does all this mean? I havent a clue :lol :lol :lol :lol Any ideas? Only thought at the moment is that my opening hypothesis (that villain is weak when donk betting) is likely untrue as we're losing so much in this situation.....or maybe the hypothesis is true and we're giving the donk bet too much respect :unsure We reraise 48 of the 192 times we see this situation - so a quarter of the time - it's fairly even (so about 37% each) to fold or call. Do we fold or call donk bets too often? When we fold, we lose €97/100 When we call, we lose €62/100 When we reraise we lose (approx) €30/100 Of course, this isnt a fair comparison as we likely reraise more with stronger hands than those we fold. I'm quite surprised that we lose money when reraising, but are we? We're already €97/100 down if we fold, so by reraising we lose about €67/100 less...