Only 4 days 'til Cheltenham

Even though I am mainly a jumps man even I can't wait for Cheltenham. Bowles said in another thread that picking a winner at the festival was what it was all about for him and I think finding a 10/1 shot in a big festival is more special than finding one in a Wolverhampton seller on a cold Friday night, even if both winners pay out the same! So how long have you been looking over the Cheltenham form and betting ante-post for the festival? Have those bets stood up or have they put you well down before the first flight has been jumped? What are your arrangements for watching the races? Are you going there in person, taking a holiday or coming down with flu on Tuesday? Which race are you looking forward to the most? Which hype horse(s) do you want to see beaten? For me, I had half a dozen ante-post bets over the past few months and only star de Mohaison looks to have a chance, and even then, that is ground dependent. So I am way behind before the festival has started with Simarian (Triumph) accounting for 25 % of my Cheltenham bank!! I wont have time to study the form each day and will scrambling around to even watch the races so have struck all of my bets now, taking nrnb wherever possible. I think I will be taking late 'lunches' each day and walking to a local bookies to catch the races, unless I can magically transform my work PC into streaming the races online. The race I am looking forward to most is the Gold Cup because I want to see both Denman and Kauto beaten. Chances are that won't happen but I do like it when the hype horses get brought down a peg or two and would love an outsider to romp in. I won't hold my breath but can't wait for the action to start, if only because it also means the turf season is around the corner!

Re: Only 4 days 'til Cheltenham What are your arrangements for watching the races? Are you going there in person, taking a holiday or coming down with flu on Tuesday? I was looking forward to it....but now I start work again on Monday, typical! :\ long holiday is over...just when I did not want it to be. :rollin

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.