Southwell 3/3

:gimme 2.10 Grimes faith ran a nice race over at wolverhampton over this distance and has several wins over this distance and course, this is a very very open race but with a nice race behind him and the same jockey on him today sure to improve! 1pt win grimes faith 2.40 supsonic made a tidy start to his flat career here about a month ago over 1m4f increase to 1m6f is surely only to suit him more with a reasonable hurdling career. So improvement on his past trip here would see him do well today! 0.5pt e/w if market allows or 1pt win supsonic 3.10 Boundless prospect looks an unusual entry here, was only beaten by a head here over 1m3f handicap and looked to still have plenty on offer, so drop to selling company looks slightly strange and running anything like he did here a month ago this should be a straightforward win! 2pt win boundless prospect 3.40 Eseej seems to like to get his nose in front at the start and stay there, and with Catlin on board again he is sure to know this and take him to the front and let him dictate this race again the penalty of 6lb probably wont be a problem. Has only ran one race at southwell and came 4 out of 5 but was only a length behind winner aswell a stumbled start! 3pt win Eseej 4.10 Convince has come on nicely from a break and is running well on all weather, will be his first time out at southwell so aslong taking to the track should do well has won over 6f recently but 7f might have just a little too much for him last time over 6f won in great spirit and strength! 1pt win convince 4.40 More time tim is in flying form, has won last 3 outings here over this trip and wouldnt be a surprise to see him go again jockey is also claiming 5lb which gives him another great chance here to make it 4 on the bounce! 2pt win more time tim

Re: Southwell 3/3 2.10 Southwell 10 runners go to post for this Class 5, 5f sprint handicap. 9 of these are CD winners so, although course form is generally important here, we can probably put a line through that factor here. Going against my normal grain of backing top weights, I think all the dangers here come from the bottom half. I like the EW look of both Guto and Decider but the one I'll be backing is: Colorus (RPF 8/1) - This looks a corking bet to me. Not won for an eternity but this horse really likes Southwell and normally runs a decent race here, Races off same mark as lto but capable of taking this. Has been running very often over the last 2 months and has run 5 times at this track since November, finishing 4/11, 2/13, 8/10 when given a poor ride, 3/11 and 4/9. Except the poor ride it was given, SP on the other 4 occasions were decent, 10/1, 8/1, 13/2 & 7/1. What draws me massively to this horse is that the trainer, without a winner this year, runs 2 here in Colorus and Guto. The jockeys on both of those have not ridden at all this year and I do look backing returning jockeys. Add to that both of them have positve P/L when riding for this trainer last year, I just feel this could be the race to see the trainer get off the mark. Trainers last 2 runners have finished 2/6 at 16's and 3/9 at 12's so could be running into form. Jockey on this has a great record at Southwell, 8/28, and is excellent value for 5lb claim. Also finished 2/13 over CD on only ride on the horse. Guaranteed to be a strong pace here, this horse will sit just off the leaders ready to strike inside the last. Looks a super EW bet, with Guto & Decider worth including in forecasts / swinger.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.