Benchmarking - Moving into March 09

GaF

March is starting at midnight tonight (honest - it is - trust me :tongue2). The March benchmarking will be split into 5 weeks, as follows: 28th Feb 09 - 6th March 09 7th March 09 - 13th March 09 14th March 09 - 20th March 09 21st March 09 - 27th March 09 28th March 09 - 3rd April 09 I will be adding an extra level and will now be benchmarking 12c/25c as well as 5c/10c. I will provide summary stats for both levels, weekly and at the end. I will endeaver to provide all stats that are specifically requested by players. The extra detail of drilling down into the data each week and at the end of the month, may only be for one of the levels (depending on where most of the focus is). In a change to the original proposal for benchmarking, players are free to choose for themselves what level they wish to play at. I am not going to try and impose any kind of conditions before you move up. I would urge caution. THere is no pressure on players to move up, or to "keep pace" with the group. Play where you want to play (which should be where you feel you can generate the maximum return, over the long run). Similarly, players are free to play at both levels over the month if they wish to dip their toe in the water at the higher level, rather than dive in head first. In a further change to the original proposal - I am going to remove the reference to the requirement to play 5000 hands. This did put a number of people off participating in the first month, and as it has turned out, the requirement seems rather unnecessary. So from now on, players just play the number of hands they are comfortable with. I reserve the right to exclude stats of players from reports where I deem their hand volume to be insignificant if I think including their stats is misleading, but beyond that, there will be no difference for players if they reach 5000 hands or not.

Re: Benchmarking - Moving into March 09

My first impression of the new level (.12/.25 euro) is that play is noticably tighter. Fewer donks' date=' but they still make the odd appearance.[/quote'] Same thoughts here - after 5c/10c, these guys seem like worldbeaters - I'm quite intimidated just siting at the table with them :tongue2

Re: Benchmarking - Moving into March 09 I just played about 100 hands on a single table and there were a couple of guys who looked like they knew what they were doing playing at about 22-25/16-18 and then a couple of players who were playing at 60/0. I think there might be an opportunity to exploit some people who are playing ABC poker.

Re: Benchmarking - Moving into March 09 I played around 100 Hands last night at 12/25 and was playing around 22/15 as opposed to 25/12 on the 5/10. In a way I found the increased aggression from the other players stopped me playing as many speculative hands - which I think helped. Although of the 23 players I came across over half where playing VPIP of 30+ and half of these with VPIP of 60+. Those with 60+ had the biggest losses on the sessions I played, and provided me with my 3 biggest pots. Hopefully my progress can continue in the same vein as my first 100 hands :hope