Newbury - 27/2/09

2.10 According to Dick 3 SJ bog 15 pts This is what I said about this one last week, ‘Interesting race this and I like the highly regarded ATD. A former pointer who may need further in time, a comment which for me applies to all the big 3 at the head of the market here, but should just about get away with 2m here. On his bumper debut in this country he was impressive and struck as a horse to follow in the future. Lto he was perhaps a bit disappointing in the sense he couldn’t win ahead of a future winner who didn’t follow up after one initial win. However back in trip today slightly this highly regarded runner is the selection.’ He goes back up in trip today but judging by the way he stormed clear last week up the hill and by the fact he is a former winning 3m pointer he shouldn’t have many problems and he could well defy the penalty here.

Re: Newbury - 27/2/09 Im not one for large H/C Hrdls but one just caught my eye... 3.50 New CHESAPEAKE 2m 5f. Only had a handful of races and therefore relatively unexposed 5yo who ran in his second H/C LTO. Decent on the flat and would have stayed beyond 1 1/2 miles, so I think there is every chance that he will stay here at his first try beyond 19F.Heres the RP commentary LTO.... Chesapeake, stepping up in trip for this handicap debut, was very strong in the market and when he came to throw down his challenge early in the straight, it appeared the gamble was going to be landed, but he had no answers to the winner's speed approaching the last and was left behind in the final furlong. This was a step forward, though, and he's probably been a bit unlucky running into a well handicapped filly. There is more to come from him. Not surprisingly down the feild in his first H/C to protect the mark. JJ O'neill has the the very promising RP McLernon on board and his claim gives him a 16 lb turnaround with Hobbs' Artic Wings. A race run @ Newbury over 17f at the end of Feb 08. He reopposes today but the danger may be From Dusk Till Dawn, another of Hobbs with 1st Stable jock on. He has a long abscence to overcome tho and carries weight too. The better ground will help the selection as it is his prefered and should help him stay. Currently 12/1....

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.