My Draw System including loss recovery staking plan

ANDYMC10

Re: My Draw System including loss recovery staking plan

2good4u: I'm not 100% certain my calculations (as implemented in the program) is correct. But i think you got it the wrong way around. If he has a 30% S/R, then for every bet there is a 70% risk that he loses. In order for him to have 8 consecutive losses, he would have to hit that 70% 8 times: 0.7*0.7*0.7*0.7*0.7*0.7*0.7*0.7* = 0.7^8 = 0.057 = 5.7% risk of having 8 lost bets in a row
Hi Hooloovoo, we went deep into math :lol but I really would like to clear it up and to see where I was wrong (if I was) I got this the same way you did and then I put (1-0.057)^43 and got 0.077833 which is 7.7% not to have 8 lost in a row=92.2% to have it. The number 43 in the above formula is number of bets needed to have 13 winners with the strike rate of 30% i think you forgot to add ^ to the number of bets needed for each particular strike rate. The formula I use is a standard formula for calculating probs for any outcome depending of number of tries/bets/coin tosses. For example the chance to have 4 lost bets in a row out of 50 bets with the strike rate of 50% is: 0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5=0.0625. Then (1-0.0625)^50=0.0396 which means 3.96% chance not to have it=96.03% to have 4 lost bets in a row. Does this sound reasonable to you? Regards,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I got this the same way you did and then I put (1-0.057)^43 and got 0.077833 which is 7.7% not to have 8 lost in a row=92.2% to have it. The number 43 in the above formula is number of bets needed to have 13 winners with the strike rate of 30%
Well, i still think you got it a bit mixed up. :unsure He needs 13 successful bets to double up, we can call these "ordinary bets". We can call the string of bets needed to have one ordinary bet a success for a "sequence". Then, a sequence can be 1-8 bets, depending on the where the winner arrives. What is the probability for a successful sequence? For a sequence to be successful, we must have at least one (1) winner among the 8 bets. With a strike rate of 30%, each bet has a 30% chance of winning (duh!) Each bet thus have 70% probability to lose. The probability of "all 8 bets losing" is 0.7^8 = 0.057 = 5.7% The sequence stops when we have a winner, so there are a a number of other probabilities, such as W, LW, LLW, LLLW, LLLLW, LLLLLW, LLLLLLW and LLLLLLW, but the above figure (5.7%) is really all we need to know. The probability of NOT "all 8 bets losing" is 1 - 0.057 = 0.943 = 94.3% So, an ordinary bet have a 94.3% chance of success. This percentage is the combined probability of all the cases in green above. Then, the probability for 13 ordinary successful bets in a row is 0.943^13 = 0.466 = 46.6% I think you are mixing up the probabilities for a successful sequence, and the probability for 13 successful "ordinary bets"

Well, i still think you got it a bit mixed up. :unsure He needs 13 successful bets to double up, we can call these "ordinary bets". We can call the string of bets needed to have one ordinary bet a success for a "sequence". Then, a sequence can be 1-8 bets, depending on the where the winner arrives. What is the probability for a successful sequence? For a sequence to be successful, we must have at least one (1) winner among the 8 bets. With a strike rate of 30%, each bet has a 30% chance of winning (duh!) Each bet thus have 70% probability to lose. The probability of "all 8 bets losing" is 0.7^8 = 0.057 = 5.7% The sequence stops when we have a winner, so there are a a number of other probabilities, such as W, LW, LLW, LLLW, LLLLW, LLLLLW, LLLLLLW and LLLLLLW, but the above figure (5.7%) is really all we need to know. The probability of NOT "all 8 bets losing" is 1 - 0.057 = 0.943 = 94.3% So, an ordinary bet have a 94.3% chance of success. This percentage is the combined probability of all the cases in green above. Then, the probability for 13 ordinary successful bets in a row is 0.943^13 = 0.466 = 46.6% I think you are mixing up the probabilities for a successful sequence, and the probability for 13 successful "ordinary bets"
Hi again, I think we have used enough room on ANDY's thread for this discussion, so I will be really short. I am sure that you must involve in calculations the number of bets needed for a particular strike rate, otherwise it makes no sense! It cannot be the same for 50, 100, or 1000 bets, wouldn't you agree? I do not know why you go 0.943^13 instead ^ number of bets? Anyway, I have my formula, you have yours :rollin but I am still going to check this with some friends who are more into math than me. At the end: try applying your formula to the strike rate of 12.5% and check the results. According to my calculations, it means 13 winners out of 104 bets made (12.5% SR). Now, the chance for 8 lost in a row according to me is 99.9999...% because there is only 1 possible combination for otherwise LLLLLLLW and then again like that 12 more times :eek Regards,

gone? a real tragedy if so. Please tell us you missed putting some bets on Andy :hope
Well he missed the remaining bets in the last cycle, so maybe he just gave up :( It was unlucky though, i really think it can be profitable given a high enough strike rate

Re: My Draw System including loss recovery staking plan There seems to be a bit of confusion here, I may be wrong but in an effort to find common ground :-

I am sure that you must involve in calculations the number of bets needed for a particular strike rate, otherwise it makes no sense! It cannot be the same for 50, 100, or 1000 bets, wouldn't you agree?
Yes the probabilities of a losing run increases the larger the number of bets. The trouble is this is a stop start staking plan.
The sequence stops when we have a winner, so there are a a number of other probabilities, such as W, LW, LLW, LLLW, LLLLW, LLLLLW, LLLLLLW and LLLLLLW, but the above figure (5.7%) is really all we need to know.
Hoo has calculated the probabilities over the maximum bets needed to complete a sequence, it then starts over again. The bottom line appears to be that as long as the strike rate is 31% or greater then this staking system will be profitable, although I doubt a doctor would recommend it :loon. With the last 8 bets losing the strike rate is now 32%.

Re: My Draw System including loss recovery staking plan One failed attempt doesn't mean that it is not profitable. I do believe that Andy put too much of his "betting bank" at risk for the 1st attempt, i wouldn't use more than 5% for each cycle bank, and i think we can safely assume that £5000 is not 5% in this case... :unsure