Villegas, C v Pampling, R (14:40GMT) 1.642.6099.44 % Details »
Hide « Villegas, C v Pampling, R
Weir, M v Mahan, H (14:40GMT) 1.812.20100.70 % Details »
Hide « Weir, M v Mahan, H
Westwood, L v Marksaeng, P (14:40GMT) 1.502.90101.15 % Details »
Hide « Westwood, L v Marksaeng, P
Woods, T v Jones, B (14:40GMT) 1.254.50102.22 % Details »
Hide « Woods, T v Jones, B
The tee times are still to be decided so the times shown here are wrong.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Doing my bets tonight because I'm off to Accrington tomorrow and ain't going to want to log on to PL when I get back. 3 outrights to begin with. 1pt ew H.Stenson to win Accenture Matchplay 20/1 Stan James (1/4 1234) I think Henrik Stenson is a really good matchplay golfer. He's shown that in previous Ryder Cups and he's certainly shown that in this tournament having won the event and finishing 3rd in his last two starts. He is perfect for this course too, long off the tee, pretty straight and a very good putter. He's in a tricky looking but certainly not impossible Sam Snead bracket. The Swede had good runs in Qatar and Dubai on the European Tour and should come here full of confidence with his game in good shape and with the e/w terms paying out to the semi finalists I think Stenson is decent value for the tournament. 1pt ew G.Ogilvy to win Accenture Matchplay 25/1 Bet365 (1/4 1234) Geoff Ogilvy is another with an excellent record in this event. He has a win and a 2nd place to his name in the last 3 years. He shot out in the 1st round last year but his game was in bad shape then. He's won tournaments since then though so we know he's in good nick now and despite him being in the same bracket as Tiger Woods, I still expect the Aussie to go deep into the tournament. Ogilvy won a WGC event last year and won the Mercedes Championship earlier this year, and has put together some solid efforts since then too. He's in good touch and is an excellent match player as his record in this shows and I expect a good week from the former US Open champion. 1pt ew S.Stricker to win Accenture Matchplay 55/1 Totesport (1/4 1234) Steve Stricker is another who has won this event in the past. His win coming in 2001. His record since then hasn't been great but that's more to do with his fluctuating game than his matchplay ability. He made the last 16 last year which was a better effort and comes here off the back of a good week in the Northern Trust last week where only a final hole bogey denied him a playoff with Phil Mickelson. Stricker is a very solid player. A slight concern is that he's not the longest from the tee but that means that he'll be firing into the greens 1st which can be a good thing in matchplay. What he lacks in length he makes up for in accuracy and on the greens where he's very good. It wasn't so long ago that Stricker was ranked 3 in the world and if he can re-create that form then he can go well this week.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 I'm going with 4 for the 1st round. Haven't touched any of my outrights. They're plenty short enough anyway, rightly so I guess. I'm not a huge fan of backing odds on shots over 18 holes but there's a couple I like who aren't massively short. 5pts T.Immelman to beat S.Katayama 8/11 Blue Square Match tees off at 14.39 GMT. Trevor Immelman is a very solid player who ended up 3rd in this event 2 years ago. He's a straight hitter who putts well and those credentials are perfect for me in matchplay. Shingo Katayama is eyecatching with his cowboy hat but his record here is anything but that. In 7 previous attempts in this tournament he's only gone past the 1st round once. Immelman's game has improved beyond all recognition in the last couple of years which is proven by his Masters win and I think he'll see off the Japanese cowboy in this 1st round. 3pts S.Appleby to beat M.Kaymer 5/4 Stan James Match tees off at 15.36 GMT. I'm a big fan of Martin Kaymer, I think he'll go on to have a very successful career on the European Tour and I'd be amazed if he's not in Europe's team at Celtic Manor but he's inexperienced in matchplay at the present time and that could play into Stuart Appleby's hands here. He's been around the block a bit and has loads of matchplay experience. He's made the last 16 a couple of times. He's pretty straight and not bad on the greens and with that extra experience on his side I'll take the Aussie to see off the German. 4pts H.Mahan to beat M.Weir 6/5 Stan James Match tees off at 15.55 GMT. Hunter Mahan showed at the Ryder Cup that he can be a very good match player. I'm a real fan of his and I think he has the credentials to go very well in this event. He's straight as a die and very very good on the greens. To be fair to Mike Weir, he's got the same credentials but for some reason he hasn't got a great record in this, losing in the 1st round in 3 of the last 4 years. I like the attitude of the American and he'll have the crowd behind him in one of the higher profile matches of the day and at odds against Hunter Mahan could be the best value bet of the round. 5pts I.Poulter to beat J.Milkha Singh 4/5 Ladbrokes Match tees off at 17.30 GMT. Ian Poulter is a very very good player in this type of event. He has been for a while. He's perfect for matchplay. Long, pretty straight and superb on the greens and he has an winning attitude which makes him very tough to beat. He had a fantastic Ryder Cup and although he comes in here without much good golf behind him I still think he'll see off the Indian. Singh has been consistent throughout the Asian leg of the European Tour but he meets a very solid opponent here and one who ultimately I feel will be too good for him. It's the Englishman for me at a fairly decent looking 4/5.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Four outrights for me in this, one in each bracket. Ogilvy 25/1 var 2 pts e.w This is in Tiger's section but quite what his form will be like is very much open to question and for me who will struggle to last out throughout the whole competitive tournament here. Hence Ogilvy appeals. He has a great record in this event showing he likes the matchplay fromat with a victory in 2006 and a runner up placing in 2007. He arrives in good form having won already in 2009 and I think it will be a good week for the Aussie. Donald 40/1 var 2 pts e.w Donald has returned from injury this season and the early signs are reasonably encouraging. He has had 4 top 25 finishes since his return and has played well in his last two events to be in the top 7 on both ocassions so his form is fairly decent. He doesnt strike as an obvious matchplay player in that he is reasonably conservative but that type of player can still be tough to beat in matchplay golf. He could face both Singh and Els before the q/f but Im not quite sure they are the threat they once were and I wouldnt be surprised to see Donald overcome both of them if he was to play them and prosper quite a fair way into this event. Karlsson 40/1 pp 2 pts e.w Karlsson had a superb 2008 and was a deserving winner of the order of merit last year. He played consistently well all year and towards the end of the year he capped it off with a couple of wins too. He also is the type of golfer who can be very devastating in matchplay. He proved that in the ryder cup last year when he played very well in his last two matcehs and at times was a birdie machine. His from this year seems fine after a fourth place finish in his last event and the world no.7 could have a good week. Stenson 20/1 var 2 pts e.w Stenson loves this event. He won it in 2007 and only Tiger stopped him in the semis last year. It isnt really a surprise given that his attacking style can really prosper in matchplay events. He is just a quality golfer and it wouldnt surprise me to see him go very well this week and for the year in general, he came close in the last two majors last year and isnt that far away from going to the next level and winning a major. As for this event, he has a toughish section with the likes of Romero, Kim and Choi threats and thats before the q/f but Stenson is a quality player whos from is good too (two top 3s already this year) and he should go well again.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Sabbatini 1.75 pin 10 pts Sabbatini is very much a hot and cold player but when he does find form he is dangerous and he may have just found some form. 3/4 events this year he has finished in the top 12. In Jimenez he plays more of a consistent player but perhaps lacking a bit of the extra spark of the South African. Jimenez himself has had a decent enough start of the year with 2 top 7 finishes but in what could be a tight match, the South African who plays these sort of courses more than Jimenez, might just have that bit more. Romero 1.98 betf 10 pts. £2000 to back. Romero is an attacking player who may just find matchplay to his benefit. He played in this last year and won a couple of matches and his style of play means that he will often create birdie opportunities. In Leonard he plays a veteran who is a good competitor and with it a good matchplay player. He has proved that in ryder cups and in this last year when he had a good run. However Romero might just be that bit more attacking and with a third place last week might just have that bit better current form. Immelman 1.75 pin 10 pts Immelman has a bit of history in this having been third in 2007 and he should see Katayama as a match he can win. The masters' champion form since his win last april hasnt been consistent but he is still is a worthy fav for this match up. Katayama has been around for years and all I remember him by is his hat. He seems to get his ranking points from the japanese tour but when it comes to the pga tour he hasnt fired for a while. Besides his current form is an unknown for me because he has just played once this year and Immelman could be a cut above. Kaymer 1.75 pin 10 pts Kaymer is a very promising player. He has won a few events on the euro. tour now and he could have a very good year in 2009. The early signs are good in that respect because he has already had a second and a fourth this year. Contrast that with Appleby who is much more experienced and a good player on his day but hasnt done much early in 2009 and that is concerning for a player who normally shines early on in a year, he made his name winning the first pga event in hawaii seemingly every year. He hasnt broke the top 55 yet and thats in 3 attempts. Kaymer, who has the better form, to win this one. Donald 1.66 cor 10 pts My only outright I've done in round one. Donald who seems to have found his form this year after an injury, plays Curtis who I have always considered a golfer who is erratic. He is a good putter but the other parts of his game seem to let him down far too often. He has played three times in 2009 and in all of them he has failed to get into the top 24 so Donald goes into this match with the better current form of two and I think will prove to strong for Curtis in this game. Goosen 2 lad 10 pts Two South Africans clash here and Im going for the higher profile of them, Goosen, to win this one. Goosen's career had stalled a bit but towards the end of 2008 he won an event and this year he has been busy to win an event and also have a third place finish. The quicker greens in the US is something that often has helped him in the past and could do so again against Clark. Clark has had 4 solid enough events this year and currently is ahead of Goosen in the world rankings but Goosen is the better player of two by some way for me and seemingly in better form, he is the selection.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Rory McIlroy to beat Louis Oosthuizen @ 8/11 Both of these players have had a stellar start to the year, Oosthuizen has played 5 events and finished top ten in all of them including 2 second place finishes. He did though show a lack of bottle when in a position to win and that concerns me. McIIroy played some wonderful stuff in winning the Dubai Desert Classic and held his nerve from the bunker on the last to close out the win. That first win is so important and it could be the making of McIIroy, he seemed to relish matchplay when he played in the Walker Cup and could have a nice run here. Andres Romero to beat Justin Leonard @ 10/11 A selection based totally on current form, Romero looked good at the weekend with his T3 at Riveira, that came after he went back to Argentina to try and get his game into shape and it seems to have worked. Justin Leonard appears to be be struggling for form having missed the last two cuts and he appears to be suffering from a malfunctioning putter. Sean O'Hair to beat Adam Scott @ 6/4 I wouldn't normally take on Adam Scott but he comes into this woefully undercooked, he missed a chunk at the end of last season due to a knee injury which has flared up again and forced him to take another month off. How fit he is only he knows but he must be short of match practice and his injury could well play on his mind. O'Hair has made an ultra consistent start to the season on the PGA Tour with finishes of 4, T10, T12 and T25 and his reliable play could well be enough to see him through Hunter Mahan to beat Mike Weir @ 6/5 Mahan was one of the stars of the Ryder Cup for the US as he top scored with 3.5 points and went through his five matches unbeaten. That should fill him full of confidence going into this tournament, he has made a decent start to the season with two top twenty finishes including a T17 at the weekend. Mike Weir has made a good start to the year but struggled to T72 at Riveira. Mahan has a massive advantage in length off the tee and on a course that is over 7800 yards that is sure to play a part.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship February 25 - March 01, 2009 The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain Marana, Arizona Par: 72 / Yardage: 7,849 Defending Champions: Tiger Woods 64 of the world's best players line up here to compete in a slug fest! Expect some big names to go out early to relative newcomers to the world elite. Biggest bonus is Tiger is back!!! Golf has missed him for the last 8 months since his win on one leg at Torrey Pines in the US Open June 2008. He has had reconstructive knee surgery (which I can personally vouch for myself having had it done) is not easy to get back to full fitness from. Tiger I'm sure would not be here unless he thought he had a chance to win this and on by his own admission he has been working back his fitness and concentrating on his putting and short game. The course will be a par 72 and measure 7,849 yards. That is a bit missleading because it won’t play that long since it’s at 3,500 in elevation. Large greens with significant undulation, wide fairways and carries over desert washes define each course. The bunkering varies from classic, pot-style obstacles to large wide areas that stretch close to 80 yards along the edges of the fairways. Players have started to moan how undulating the greens are here and unless you have a short game to match the long game then the greens will knock out any advantage that a massive drive will impact! It's important here to understand the draw which is in the form of 4 brackets Sam Snead / Bobby Jones / Ben Hogan / Gary Player. If Woods and Mickelson were to make it out of their respective brackets it will set up a mouth watering semi-final between the 2. Predictions: All bookies go 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4 Tiger Woods @6.00 EW Paddypower **** I'm not doubting Woods here because it has been said that he has only turned up to endorse the tournament because it is one of his sponsors tournaments! If Woods doesn't feel right he wouldn't be here end of... The fact he has been working on his short game only makes me feel stronger about his chances here because of the course layout being long with undulating greens. If he wins here it will be the last time in a very long while we will get odds like these and his bracket has been kind to him and gives him a real chance to shine and grow through this tournament! His record in this tournament is exceptional 31-6, 83.7 percent. Phil Mickelson @17.00 EW Paddypower *** Lefty shone last week and sent out a message to Tiger that he is up to the challenge of being World No1. Although in parts his game was a little erratic but also sublime to match. Hitting form just at the right time and again he's in a bracket that should not hold too many fears for him and allow him passage to a mouth watering semi-final versus his arch rival Tiger Woods. Henrik Stenson @21.00 EW Paddypower *** He's sixth in the Official World Golf Rankings, so there's no denying that he's hot right now. Stenson also won this event in 2007 and finished third at Accenture last season. His game is built for matchplay! He is in a bracket that he should get to the semi-finals from. Robert Karlsson @36.00 EW Paddypower ** Karlsson is a big hitter and has a decent short game which should suit the course. He is also in a bracket that can be kind to him and help him grow through the tournament and I can see him making it to an all Scandinavian Semi -final. :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 1st round picks: Sorry no real time for any indepth write up but based on their accuracy stats and driving. Lee Westwood v Prayad Marksaeng @1.40 Anthony Kim v WenTang Lin @1.50 Zach Johnson v Graeme McDowell @1.80 Greg Ogilvy v Kevin Sutherland @1.50 Paddypower odds I'll try and find more for later but they'll do for starters!!! :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 4 out of 4 :dude not bad for matches! Stenson & Karlsson both beaten though :wall I'll have another look at their brackets and see who else can make it through to the semi's... :ok

1st round picks: Sorry no real time for any indepth write up but based on their accuracy stats and driving. Lee Westwood v Prayad Marksaeng @1.40 :ok Anthony Kim v WenTang Lin @1.50 :ok Zach Johnson v Graeme McDowell @1.80 :ok Greg Ogilvy v Kevin Sutherland @1.50 :ok Paddypower odds I'll try and find more for later but they'll do for starters!!! :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Not that good a first round for me unlike last year. Anyway 5 for round two and will have to take prices now. Hopefully both outrights left can win too. Westwood 1.83 spo 10 pts If this match would have taken place last year I would have favoured Cink who is a very good match play golfer as he has proved in ryder cups and this event. However it takes place now and I dont think his form is all that currently and thats been after what was a very good 2008 in the early stages of that year. Yesterday his scorecard suggests he was a bit incosistent against sterne before a monster putt sealed the win. In contrast Westwood played well yesterday and was very consistent, he dropped no shots and gained 5 birdies in his victory and given that his form appears better than Cink atm he is the pick. Casey 1.73 pin 10 pts Casey has a great opportunity here to go a long way into this event. His draw has really opened up and being the good matchplay player he is, he should feel good about his chances. In Goggin he faces a player who caused a surprise in beating Perry but a player who Casey anywhere near his best is a class above. Even looking at Goggin's match, Perry seemed to hand quite a few holes to Goggin so it could be a scenario where he didnt even have to play that well to beat him. He should have to play a lot better her though and even if he does, Casey, a winner already this year, should be too strong. Leonard 2.1 sj 10 pts Opposed Leonard reluctantly yesterday but wont be doing so today. As I said in round 1, Leonard is a very tough match play golfer, so too is Love III but Leonard might just have that bit extra. Leonard played better than Love in round 1, he had five birdies in just 8 holes on the back 9 and saw off a strog opponent in Romero. Love too saw off a good player in Stenson but I dont think Stenson really played well and he handed the match to Love somewhat after being in the lead rather than Love winning it necessarily. Leonard for me. Johnson 2.3 pin 10 pts Might be a bit of an upset here. Mickelson an understandable fav but Johnson is no mug at all and he appears in better form this year having already won on the tour this year. He played well yesterday looking at his scorecard because he had an impressiev 7 birdies and an eagle in his victory. Mickelson in the end just beat Cabrera having been in control for most of the match. The big Argentinian come back well towards the end with a string of birdies but Mickelson play some loose and careless shots towards the end himself and in johnson he faces a very consistent and in form player who coudl well take advantage of Mickelson's mistakes. O'Hair 1.95 pin 10 pts Going for O'Hair here to beat Boo. O'Hair is another player with fairly good recent form with a couple of top 10s already in 2009 and he looked to have played well yesterday in beating the high profile Scott and with 6 birdies along the way. Boo in contrast was a bit mixed for me against Rose at times and Rose seemed to gift Boo a few holes in that match, literally in some cases as well. On paper this looks a tight match but I feel they younger American might just nick it.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Bit rushed for time so no huge writeup's. 3pts Z.Johnson to beat P.Mickelson 11/8 VC Match tees off at 16.30 GMT. Zach Johnson showed his solid qualities when he won the Masters. This course is a little bit like Augusta with the undulating greens and I think Johnson can take Mickelson out here. Lefty's record in this event isn't what it should be and he almost threw his match with Cabrera away yesterday. Tiredness could start to set in after the exertions of the last week or so which means I'll go with Johnson here. 4pts J.Leonard to beat D.Love III 11/10 Stan James Match tees off at 16.55 GMT. Justin Leonard is very solid and showed at the Ryder Cup he's still a decent matchplayer. He went round 2 under par yesterday to Love III's even par and with Leonard being more consistent in recent seasons and having a solid game I'll take him here. 3pts T.Clark to beat T.Woods 13/5 Skybet Match tees off at 19.02 GMT. Tim Clark played lovely golf yesterday. He went round in -5 and looked very good indeed. We got the subline and the not so good from Woods who I thought was there for the taking in many ways. Clark won't worry about Woods and what comes with it and a repeat of yesterday coupled with Woods injury doubts sees the South African as decent value here. 4pts H.Mahan to beat R.McIlroy 10/11 Bet365 Match tees off at 19.15 GMT. Hunter Mahan is a solid golfer and very good at matchplay. He shot -4 yesterday to McIlroy's level par. I'm still not sure that McIlroy is at this level in his game, especially in matchplay so I'll take Mahan who we know enjoys this format. 5pts I.Poulter to beat C.Schwartzel 8/11 Stan James Match tees off at 19.28 GMT. Ian Poulter is one of the best matchplayers around and dominated Jeev Milkha Singh yesterday. Schwartzel got a bit lucky that Garcia shit a brick at the end. I think Poulter's game is ideal for matchplay and take him to win this with a bit of confidence.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Justin Leonard @51.00 EW 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4 Totesport With Stenson losing in the Sam Snead bracket this looks like a real test for those left in it. Leonard beat the young gun Romero well scoring 4 birdies and an eagle and is a good match player. He will play his great friend Davis Love in the next round however Love who beat Stenson did not play particularly well against a an off form Stenson. Should he negotaite Love Leonard will probably have a match v Kim who I still have doubts despite his 7 shot win over the Chinese Taipan W Lin. Kim should beat O Wilson to set up this match up and I can see Leonard grinding away and getting a win v Kim. I think then only Furyk can stand in the way of him getting to a semi final and the odds are just too good to miss! :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Day 2 Matches Phil Mickelson v Zach Johnson @1.67 Paddypower This looks like the match of the day. Mickelson had a solid start and played well but couldn't put away Angel Cabrera, who won the last four holes to force overtime. Phil ground out the win with a clutch birdie on the 19th hole. Johnson, meanwhile, fired a front-nine 31 and needed every bit of it to get past Graeme McDowell. Tiger Woods v Tim Clark @1.33 Paddypower A lot of people think Tiger may come unstuck in this one however his match yesterday was just the intorduction back that he needed. His gameplan will probably be the same here to start off fast out the blocks and take a lead going into the back nine. Clark is a better player than Woods's opponent from yesterday however it would seem an easy option to go against Tiger here and look brilliant if Tiger were to get beat and be able to say I told you so! and then again if Tiger wins to be able to say what do you expect he's the strong favourite and the best player ever!!! It may not be pretty but Tiger to grind a win and thus enhance his familiarity with the location that will stand him in good stead in his march to this title again! Hunter Mahan v Rory McIlroy @1.90 William Hill Mahan won his match over Mike Weir despite going birdie-less on the back nine, although he did have an eagle and two birdies on the front. McIlroy is one of the candidates for Next Big Thing and the anticipation for him to meet Woods in the next round may put his mind elsewhere! Geoff Ogilvy v Shingo Katayama @1.50 William Hill Katayama played a four-hole stretch in five under par on the back nine to close out Trevor Immelman. Ogilvy's power game is made for the desert, though, and he's already got a victory to his credit this year. I expect this game to be wrapped up by 14 for Ogilvy and it could be the biggest win of the day! Camillo Villegas v Miguel Angel Jimenez @1.57 William Hill Villegas had the biggest win of yesterday without breaking too much sweat, winning 7&6 over Pampling. Villegas has been in good form prior to this tournament over here and I can see him dispatching Jimenez without too much fuss. Ian Poulter v Charlie Schwartzel @1.73 Paddypower Poulter had an impressive day yesterday and probably produced the hottest round of the day! Schwartzel in contrast flew out the blocks v Garcia and threw down five birdies on the front side and Garcia answered with three in a row on the back before stumbling in with three straight bogeys to lose. Poulter I can't see making that mistake! Boo Weekley v Sean O'Hair @1.90 William Hill Weekley pulled out his match with a long birdie putt on the final hole while O'Hair outplayed Adam Scott despite some missed putts. Weekley's sharp iron play will be the difference here. Stephen Ames v Peter Hanson @1.90 Paddypower I'm going for the experience of the West in Ames here who dispatched Quiros another European Tour player here yesterday. Hanson played a very off par Karlsson yesterday however his luck will run out here. Paul Casey v Matthew Goggin @1.62 Paddypower Goggin produced a real shock yesterday in dispatching Kenny Perry 3&2. Casey lives out this way in Phoenix and has scouted this course and played a number of practice rounds here before flying out and back in from the other side of the world with Kim. Casey's knowledge of out here should see him through! Luke Donald v Vijay Singh @1.91 Paddypower Singh is just coming back from injury and should be rusty, Donald on the other hand has played well in a few tournaments recently after coming back from his wrist injury. Donald did well yesterday in beating a decent matchplayer in Ben Curtis whereas Singh dispatched another European Tour player in Kjeldsen. Donald to overcome Singh who is here purely to get his game play fitness back towards next months ultimate goal. Steve Stricker v Ernie Els @2.10 Paddypower Ernie for some reason has been cursed in this tournament. He never cared for the course at La Costa, for one thing. For another, somebody always comes out of the woodwork to throw a low round at him. Stricker, who nearly won in L.A., put down five birdies and an eagle in his win over Dustin Johnson. I can Stricker posting a low round here and knocking out the Big Easy who can't string a decent set of rounds together nowadays! Lee Westwood v Stewart Cink @1.80 Totesport Cink dramatically won his match on the 19th hole by (pardon the pun!) Cinking!!! a 50 feet putt. Westwood methodically saw off Marksaeng 2&1. Westwood's matchplay Ryder Cup experience should stand him in good stead here to see off the challenge of Cink! Oliver Wilson v Anthony Kim @2.75 William Hill Kim was exhausted after flying home from Australia, arriving here in Tucson late Tuesday afternoon. Luckily, Lin Wen-Tang played the worst golf of anyone in the field, shooting 8 over par for 13 holes. Wilson knocked off K.J. Choi. Wilson is a terrific chipper, a skill that gets a lot of use at this course. Wilson pulls off another upset and advances. Justin Leonard v Davis Love @2.10 Totesport Love got past his first-round match despite not playing well because former Match Play champ Henrik Stenson looked way off form. Leonard looked sharper with four birdies and an eagle in beating Andres Romero. Love and Leonard are friends and they are both good at match play. On their first-round form, Leonard is the pick. He could be the man to beat in the Sam Snead Bracket. Jim Furyk v Martin Kaymer @2.00 Totesport The bookies have differences of opinion on who is favourite for this match! Furyk's greater experience of matchplay and his great short game will make the difference here! Pat Perez v Ross Fisher @1.90 Totesport I really don't get it in this one? why they are so closely matched in the betting beats me!!! Perez has been in scintilating form on the US PGA Tour whereas Fisher has been adequate on a poor European Tour!!! Perez beat the no1 seed in Harrington yesterday and Fisher beat an ageing Allenby! Perez to dispatch Fisher with the minimum of fuss! :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 4 out of 4 yesterday Meatman! I thought I'd keep a track of my tips in this tournament becasue I think there is potential for some decent profit! I gave Mickelson last week at @17.00 and Sabbatini just missed out on a place at @46.00 so my form is decent at the moment in golf! I'll probably concentrate more on the PGA Tour though because the European Tour is a minefield and the amateur winning last week told me all I needed to know about the European Tour at the moment!

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009

4 out of 4 yesterday Meatman! I thought I'd keep a track of my tips in this tournament becasue I think there is potential for some decent profit! I gave Mickelson last week at @17.00 and Sabbatini just missed out on a place at @46.00 so my form is decent at the moment in golf! I'll probably concentrate more on the PGA Tour though because the European Tour is a minefield and the amateur winning last week told me all I needed to know about the European Tour at the moment!
well they say strike while the irons hot, cant argue against that sort of form ;)

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Decent day for me and the 2nd consecutive profitable day on the matches. +0.80 yesterday and +8.84 today which could've been better but for Mahan collapsing down the stretch. Still got Ogilvy going outright for me too so the foundations are there for a good week. Will come back with tomorrow's bets in the morning when everyone has priced up.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 I Poulter Outright @ 16/1 This guy is ready to win a big one, and I have a feeling this could be the one. A few of the big guns are out, his draw isnt too bad and he is playing decent golf. I would advise him WIN, To reach final and TOP 4 but currently no odds on Betfair. However, I'm on these 3 at varying prices. C Villegas Outright @ 10/1 Playing brilliant golf, is very capable and has destroyed his first 2 opponents. Will be a match for anyone and the price isnt bad. :hope

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 9 - 7 pretty good profits :nana (13 - 7 overall) Sorry to see Tiger go out - would have been a great match up against McIlroy! Still have Lefty, Poulter & Leonard on my outrights!!! :ok

Day 2 Matches Phil Mickelson v Zach Johnson @1.67 Paddypower :ok This looks like the match of the day. Mickelson had a solid start and played well but couldn't put away Angel Cabrera, who won the last four holes to force overtime. Phil ground out the win with a clutch birdie on the 19th hole. Johnson, meanwhile, fired a front-nine 31 and needed every bit of it to get past Graeme McDowell. Tiger Woods v Tim Clark @1.33 Paddypower :@ A lot of people think Tiger may come unstuck in this one however his match yesterday was just the intorduction back that he needed. His gameplan will probably be the same here to start off fast out the blocks and take a lead going into the back nine. Clark is a better player than Woods's opponent from yesterday however it would seem an easy option to go against Tiger here and look brilliant if Tiger were to get beat and be able to say I told you so! and then again if Tiger wins to be able to say what do you expect he's the strong favourite and the best player ever!!! It may not be pretty but Tiger to grind a win and thus enhance his familiarity with the location that will stand him in good stead in his march to this title again! Hunter Mahan v Rory McIlroy @1.90 William Hill :@ Mahan won his match over Mike Weir despite going birdie-less on the back nine, although he did have an eagle and two birdies on the front. McIlroy is one of the candidates for Next Big Thing and the anticipation for him to meet Woods in the next round may put his mind elsewhere! Geoff Ogilvy v Shingo Katayama @1.50 William Hill :ok Katayama played a four-hole stretch in five under par on the back nine to close out Trevor Immelman. Ogilvy's power game is made for the desert, though, and he's already got a victory to his credit this year. I expect this game to be wrapped up by 14 for Ogilvy and it could be the biggest win of the day! Camillo Villegas v Miguel Angel Jimenez @1.57 William Hill :ok Villegas had the biggest win of yesterday without breaking too much sweat, winning 7&6 over Pampling. Villegas has been in good form prior to this tournament over here and I can see him dispatching Jimenez without too much fuss. Ian Poulter v Charlie Schwartzel @1.73 Paddypower :ok Poulter had an impressive day yesterday and probably produced the hottest round of the day! Schwartzel in contrast flew out the blocks v Garcia and threw down five birdies on the front side and Garcia answered with three in a row on the back before stumbling in with three straight bogeys to lose. Poulter I can't see making that mistake! Boo Weekley v Sean O'Hair @1.90 William Hill :@ Weekley pulled out his match with a long birdie putt on the final hole while O'Hair outplayed Adam Scott despite some missed putts. Weekley's sharp iron play will be the difference here. Stephen Ames v Peter Hanson @1.90 Paddypower :@ I'm going for the experience of the West in Ames here who dispatched Quiros another European Tour player here yesterday. Hanson played a very off par Karlsson yesterday however his luck will run out here. Paul Casey v Matthew Goggin @1.62 Paddypower :ok Goggin produced a real shock yesterday in dispatching Kenny Perry 3&2. Casey lives out this way in Phoenix and has scouted this course and played a number of practice rounds here before flying out and back in from the other side of the world with Kim. Casey's knowledge of out here should see him through! Luke Donald v Vijay Singh @1.91 Paddypower :ok Singh is just coming back from injury and should be rusty, Donald on the other hand has played well in a few tournaments recently after coming back from his wrist injury. Donald did well yesterday in beating a decent matchplayer in Ben Curtis whereas Singh dispatched another European Tour player in Kjeldsen. Donald to overcome Singh who is here purely to get his game play fitness back towards next months ultimate goal. Steve Stricker v Ernie Els @2.10 Paddypower :@ Ernie for some reason has been cursed in this tournament. He never cared for the course at La Costa, for one thing. For another, somebody always comes out of the woodwork to throw a low round at him. Stricker, who nearly won in L.A., put down five birdies and an eagle in his win over Dustin Johnson. I can Stricker posting a low round here and knocking out the Big Easy who can't string a decent set of rounds together nowadays! Lee Westwood v Stewart Cink @1.80 Totesport :@ Cink dramatically won his match on the 19th hole by (pardon the pun!) Cinking!!! a 50 feet putt. Westwood methodically saw off Marksaeng 2&1. Westwood's matchplay Ryder Cup experience should stand him in good stead here to see off the challenge of Cink! Oliver Wilson v Anthony Kim @2.75 William Hill :ok Kim was exhausted after flying home from Australia, arriving here in Tucson late Tuesday afternoon. Luckily, Lin Wen-Tang played the worst golf of anyone in the field, shooting 8 over par for 13 holes. Wilson knocked off K.J. Choi. Wilson is a terrific chipper, a skill that gets a lot of use at this course. Wilson pulls off another upset and advances. Justin Leonard v Davis Love @2.10 Totesport :ok Love got past his first-round match despite not playing well because former Match Play champ Henrik Stenson looked way off form. Leonard looked sharper with four birdies and an eagle in beating Andres Romero. Love and Leonard are friends and they are both good at match play. On their first-round form, Leonard is the pick. He could be the man to beat in the Sam Snead Bracket. Jim Furyk v Martin Kaymer @2.00 Totesport :ok The bookies have differences of opinion on who is favourite for this match! Furyk's greater experience of matchplay and his great short game will make the difference here! Pat Perez v Ross Fisher @1.90 Totesport :@ I really don't get it in this one? why they are so closely matched in the betting beats me!!! Perez has been in scintilating form on the US PGA Tour whereas Fisher has been adequate on a poor European Tour!!! Perez beat the no1 seed in Harrington yesterday and Fisher beat an ageing Allenby! Perez to dispatch Fisher with the minimum of fuss! :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 2 for me tonight. 5pts E.Els to beat L.Donald 9/10 Sportingbet Match tees off at 17.45 GMT. Ernie Els looked back to his very best yesterday, beating Steve Stricker with some stellar golf. He went round the 16 holes that he played in 6 under par and around here, with these greens that's a high quality round of golf. That came off the back of a 4 under round on Wednesday too so it's clear to see the Big Easy is hitting the ball nicely. Luke Donald will wonder how he's still here. Vijay Singh threw their match away yesterday. Luke Donald actually won that match despite shooting one over par. He only shot one under in beating Ben Curtis. It's clear that Ernie is playing better golf here and his extra length could be handy so I'll have a very confident bet on him to make it through to the quarter final. 4pts T.Clark to beat R.McIlroy 21/20 Stan James Match tees off at 18.37 GMT. Tim Clark saw off the maestro yesterday but rest assured even if Woods was fully match fit and firing he'd have struggled to have contained the South African in the form he showed. Clark is yet to drop a shot this week which is an amazing effort. Rounds of 5 under and 6 under you'd have to say are top notch. McIlroy is playing well at the minute but his rounds this week haven't been anything like that of Clark. Level par against Oosthuizen and 2 under yesterday which came from birdieing the last 2 holes will need to be improved on to win this. Clark is a solid solid player though and his win over Woods wasn't the shock it's been made out to be and I think he'll follow that up with a win here.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Furyk 1.75 pin 10 pts Furyk is a very tough guy to beat. His matchplay record in this isn’t good but in the singles in the ryder cup it is, he has only lost once in over a decade and that was to an inspired casey at the k club a couple of years back and thats not a surprising statistic given his competitive nature. So far this week he has had a couple of comfortable victories over Europeans and could be looking for the hat trick here. In Fisher he plays another promising European who looks suited to matchplay being the aggressive big hitter he is. His form looks good having beaten perez well yesterday and with birdies aplenty. However Furyk is just such a tough guy to beat when on his game and he looks like he is this week and I can see him winning this one. Casey 1.57 var 10 pts I said yesterday casey’s draw has opened up and he could well be set for a final or at least a semi. He won easily yesterday with loads of holes left to spare against Goggin and even if teh aussie handed him a few holes it was still a good win for a player clearly in good form and who is well suited to the matchplay format. Hansen beat karlsson in round 1, a good win on paper but bearing in mind he was over par in doing so it doesn’t read quite as well and yesterday he played better to beat ames but for me Casey is a class above here.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Day 3 Ernie Els v Luke Donald @1.90 Totesport Els seems to be back to his old assured self these past 2 days especially yesterday with six birdies and no bogeys. Donald scrapped by Singh and has been just getting by, here so far. If Els can continue in the same vein of form I don't think Donald can live with him... Phil Mickelson v Stewart Cink @1.67 Paddypower Cink and Westwood made Accenture history yesterday having to go to a 23rd hole to decide their match. Indeed Cink has had to go to extra holes in the first 2 days to get through. Mickelson must be buoyed by the fact that there's no Tiger left and he can certainly put down another marker for the rest of the season if he can win this tournament. This is another contest that could go down to the wire however Mickelson prevails. Jim Furyk v Ross Fisher @1.73 Paddypower Fisher surprised yesterday with an easy win 6&5 versus Perez. However Perez has been here there and everywhere since the start of the year with no breaks inbetween and I would rather guess fatigue was the root cause of his demise than anything else! Furyk has dispatched 2 European Tour players with the minimum of fuss and this can be No 3. Justin Leonard v Oliver Wilson @1.80 Paddypower As I predicted yesterday Wilson overcame a very fatigued Kim and at rewarding odds!!! 9 birdies was very impressive from Wilson and being able to do that 2 days in a row against a great matchplayer like Leonard I very much doubt! Leonard to grind out a win... Ian Poulter v Sean O'Hair @1.80 Paddypower The match between O'Hair and Boo Weekley was a real fight, they were a combined six over on the front nine. Poulter played well in the first round but struggled to edge out a tough Charl Schwartzel. Poulter can grind out another win here... Paul Casey v Peter Hanson @1.57 Paddypower Hanson has been the surprise package so far and many will see him as a good outside bet now! Casey's knowledge of this place and living not far from here has stood him in good stead so far and I don't see that changing here... Rory McIlroy v Tim Clark @1.91 Paddypower Clark tamed Tiger yesterday however Tiger was the cause of his own downfall with some wayward Iron play that we do not normally associate with his game! 8 months out took it's toll in the end. I was impressed with McIlroy yesterday coming from behind to beat Hunter Mahan was no mean feat and proved to me that he can play this form of matchplay golf. Clark will be over the moon at ending Woods's reign here and this psychologically I feel, will have left it's mark enabling the young kid to advance... Camillo Villegas v Geoff Ogilvy @1.90 Totesport Wow what can you say about Villegas so far!!! a 7&6 win a 5&4 win!!! That shows he is in awesome form and it will take an almighty effort now for somebody to take him out! Ogilvy got very lucky yesterday as Katayama's bottle went in the end having a 3 stroke lead at one stage and bottling it down the stretch and eventually going to a 19th hole which Ogilvy won due to Katayama having an absolute nightmare!!! Ogilvy does like to make it as hard as possible for himself whether that's a sign of a good matchplayer or not I don't know! but if he allows Villegas a lead it could get ugly here and he could be on the end of another Villegas pasting! :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Really disappointed in Clark last night but Els kept the runs of profitable days going even if it was only 0.5pt. Not really had time to look at the quarter finals. On the face of it they could all go either way so I'll leave it with just Ogilvy who I'm effectively on at 6.25/1 tonight.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Good luck with Ogilvy for your outright Kev :hope I have come out with a small profit on the matches! I can't wait for the Masters and have had a few bets to get the value now: S Cink @67.00 Paddypower EW He has performed well here and finished 3rd in The Masters last year & 17th in 2007. P Casey @41.00 Totesport EW Again Casey is performing well here and if he wins this his odds will be half these offered by Totesport. He finished 11th last year at The Masters and 10th in 2007. Z Johnson @51.00 William Hill EW Zach has been performing well and won The Sony Open in January. He finished 20th last year in The Masters and won it in 2007. S Appleby @101.00 Paddypower EW He's not setting the world alight at the moment but he bases his season around peaking for The Masters. He finished 14th in The Masters last year and 7th in 2007. :ok

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Will have a dabble in the 3/4 playoff. 3pts S.Cink to beat R.Fisher 4/5 Stan James Match tees off at 18.45 GMT. Stewart Cink is an incredibly good golfer and he's very consistent too. He's deceptively long off the tee and very straight too and is one of the better putters around. He's tough to beat in matchplay as his recent record would suggest with him making the final last year. He shot -2 in his semi final yesterday and was in a good position until Ogilvy went into overdrive playing their last 4 holes in 5 under par. Ross Fisher has had a really good week but there were signs in his semi final against Paul Casey that the exertions of the week were starting to get the better of him. He pulled out a few loose shots and didn't play that well at all. At his best he has the game to push Cink but the American's consistency makes him my pick here.

Re: Golf: Accenture World Matchplay 2009 Superb golf from Ogilvy over the 1st 18 holes, -6 for his round. Casey was pretty poor but has done well to be only 3 behind. He needs a fast start but if Ogilvy can win a hole early I think this is his.