Holy Grail Total Corners

muppet77

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 298 bets +24% yield.

SPREAD SYSTEM

spread

stake per

date

home

away

corners

bet

corner

corners

profit

4/9/10

MK Dons

Hartlepool

u

4/9/10

Grimsby

Luton

u

A good win there. Another with Extrabet for 5.15pm Saturday.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 298 bets +24% yield.

SPREAD SYSTEM

YIELD CHANGE

me vs spreads

these bets

ALL

27%

total corner ests

bets

26%

-0.6% v 5.1%

50.0%

53.0%

wins

25%

average error

0.0%

3.3%

level

24%

2.78 v 2.83

50.0%

43.7%

losses

23%

av absolute error

staked

22%

0.05 v 0.43

profit

21%

profit / 1pt stake

20%

sell & buy yields

-20%

23%

yield

27% & 3%

record win

months with profit

record loss

14 out of 17

max wins &

losses in a row

this week

this month

sell bets

80%

6 & 5

bets

buy bets

20%

profit

top league yields

stake

SpIn bets

75%

italy 66% 12 bets

yield

-20%

-20%

Extrabets

25%

e2 42% 8 bets

spain 40% 93 bets

champ 39% 14 bets

SPREAD SYSTEM

spread

stake per

date

home

away

corners

bet

corner

corners

profit

4/9/10

MK Dons

Hartlepool

u

4/9/10

Grimsby

Luton

u

300 games proofed

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. Just back from a 2 week break, managed to get on the first two winners of the season and i'm glad i missed the next few games, that was a tough loss on the Spurs game Muppet. I'm positive things will turn around. I remember a few tough results towards the end of 2009 but the yield to date speaks for itself with this one.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. Italian's are now priced up :ok For those interested, the booking line in the Napoli v Bari match is at 62-66 with Spin and 54-58 with Extrabet and Spreadex. Should make for some nice guaranteed profit, unless one of them decides to cancel a bet due to faulty odds. I'd do it if my accounts had been verified, which they aren't yet, but thought you spread betters might be interested :ok Warning: do at own risk, I don't have any experiences with these companies and they may well think of canceling one of the bets which would expose you..

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. Best of luck with the new season, im sure normal service will be resumed once the settles down a little. One thing i have noticed is that if your going to apply the stop loss at 10 like you did for the game last week, then in your results you need to apply the same for the win. To keep the p/l consistant

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield.

Best of luck with the new season, im sure normal service will be resumed once the settles down a little. One thing i have noticed is that if your going to apply the stop loss at 10 like you did for the game last week, then in your results you need to apply the same for the win. To keep the p/l consistant
i always have done mate! the biggest number of CORNERS win i have is 6.75! i have never had a 10 corner or more win!!!! the largest win of 47.25 units was a 7 unit bet under 11.75 which finished in 5 corners.

[center']SPREAD SYSTEM

spread

stake per

date

home

away

corners

bet

corner

13/9/10

Stoke

Aston Villa

u

with spin.
8 corners at half time, anyone closing the bet now? Squeaky bum time, if you don't have a stop loss.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. Just read through the majority of the thread. Looks a good system, is that the correct way to calculate the yield thou? You're basically saying that every profitable game had no money at risk. Hope someone was on the Man Utd game - no corners so far as i speak :unsure

Just read through the majority of the thread. Looks a good system, is that the correct way to calculate the yield thou? You're basically saying that every profitable game had no money at risk. Hope someone was on the Man Utd game - no corners so far as i speak :unsure
I treat each game as an even money game, which is actually worse odds than they should be due to the spread itself. For example if a match wins 5 units, I treat this as a 5 unit bet at even money. The yield is 5/5 or 100%. If I lost 5 units on a match, the yield is -5/5 or -100%. I don't see there is no money risk on the winning bets? Results and stats update later....... Breaking news............. Incidentally I may pack all of this in and try to go for some fun small stake fixed accas on corners. I think that due to you having to have funds in a spread account to cover all odds your potential losses, I am finding that my bank creeps up very slowly indeed. Sorry to anyone following but ideas are welcome. ?

Breaking news............. Incidentally I may pack all of this in and try to go for some fun small stake fixed accas on corners. I think that due to you having to have funds in a spread account to cover all odds your potential losses, I am finding that my bank creeps up very slowly indeed. Sorry to anyone following but ideas are welcome.
It'd be a shame to see you go as it was this thread that has got me back into spreadbetting and doing my own stuff. If you do pack it in I hope you share your secrets as it would be really interesting to know your methods. As for ideas, well if having money spread to thinly across alls ites is an issue, you could just put it all into SPIN as this is where you have most of your bets. Hopefully you could then bet slightly more. Fun is all very well but will lead to a downward trend on your bankroll. I didn't think that your system worked on fixed odds, also acas are the worst proposition in trading on football matches. Whatever you do, good luck and I wish you well, though fingers crossed you carry on with this.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. It's all about effort vs return. If it takes longer now than it did 12 months ago and you have yet to increase your stakes enough to see a healthy jump in your bank then it'd need a serious rethink. But it's early days this season and the system has been proofed long enough to see an excellent roi. It'd be a shame to see it go but it's down to you mate. If you've lost heart, it becomes a chore and we all hate them!! :ok

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. This system has made me the most money out of any system on here over the last 12 months so i would be gutted to see it go Muppet. As stated by others, acca's won't do anything but deplete your funds. Hope you carry on mate. :ok

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. It'll be such a shame to ditch the spreads Muppet, is it because the spread firms are now onto you on your sells ?? & how about getting back into the buys ?? For my twopennth you & i both know in the longterm this is a winner & maybes just stick with Spin as an above poster mentioned & change to a credit account if you can...

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. I guess I am just hacked off at having a great system that I know wins long term but needs huge funds. Maybe I am being grumpy but I can hit a 53 ish per cent strike of wins and a few bets level and still my bank is piddly. I bet there are a few big fish on here loving it because of their stakes. Surely with fixed odds it can grow quicker with accas. It comes down to if there is value on fixed odd accas.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. Hi Muppet, You're system got me into spread betting, I have only been following it for a short while and will start passing on a cut of the winnings next time. I often place the bet but will look to buy out when SPIN offer a profit that is equal to (or a bit more...I'm not always that strict) the amount your stake reckons that the spread mid-point is out by. I have found that more corners tend to occur later in a lot of matches. Anyway, like everyone else following you, I hope you keep going. If not, all the best. Best Regards

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. I'd stick with it mate, unless or until you believe whatever edge you had has gone for whatever reason (e.g. changes in the game or the markets). Something doesn't go from being worthy of being referred to as the holy grail (even if with a touch of irreverence) to being bad enough to ditch in such a short space of time. Must admit I'm surprised you apparently have deposit accounts though; I'd change to credit if at all possible. That would alleviate one issue. The good thing about accas is that they multiply any edge that you have. The problem you'll have is that the best handicap and price won't always be with the same firm. All the best whatever you decide. (By the way, I speak as someone who's just ridden out a 23 bet losing run, which is by no means unusual for me. If you've got something that works and you believe in, it's worth sticking with through the bad runs.)

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. Must admit that I am very surprised you do not have a credit account - as you say it takes up large chunks of your bank trying to use a deposit account. I have had my Spin account for 4 years now and I seriously do not recall ever putting any money into it. I had a couple of good winners in the first week I had it and that balance has seen me through ever since. I would try using a credit account before going down the accas route :ok

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? 300 bets +23% yield. I might be wrong, but I think muppet is talking about the volume of bets he can make at the stakes he is willing to risk, rather than his ability to place bets. Its ok having ROI of %23 but if you can only place two or three bets a week, then you need to have a large bank to make it worth while, without taking on undue risk of going broke during a bad run. You still have to settle your credit account after a bad week! With fixed odds you have hundreds of matches a week to choose from, and the option to parlay if you wish. So you can put your bank to work many times during an average football week. The first and probably most difficult problem in switching to fixed odds betting will be converting your corner means to probabilities. The second will be overcoming an average overround of %12. What makes a good spread betting system does not always translate to a good fixed odds system. spread betting is about the magnitude of your predictions, where as fixed odds is about the frequency of your winners. I for one would like to see the spread betting thread continue, maybe you could start paper trading, either in public or private a fixed odds system to see how well it works before you decide to kick this one into touch. And who knows, maybe a few more people will remember to hit the donate button after a good weekend ;)