RussP's Flat Handicaps - To be placed

RussP

In line with my EW flat handicap thread, I'm going to try the place market and see what we can do with regards to backing horses to place in flat handicaps. Most of these will be short priced and I'm expecting most selections to be at the fore of the market. We'll go with the Betfair place SP in most instances unless prices are posted in advance:ok For purposes of the thread, all bets will be settled to 10pts. I'm trying this because I'm pretty quiet on my EW picks, struggling to find 2/3 per week at present. We'll see how it goes and either continue it or can it when the turf season arrives. Tomorrows bets coming soon:ok

Re: RussP's Flat Handicaps - To be placed 4 for tomorrow: 3.00 Southwell: Blue Hills - Standing dish at this track, finishing in the 3 on 16 occasions. In form too with a win and a 2nd from last 2 starts, gets on really well with the jockey and should be thereabouts despite in a higher grade. 5.10 Southwell: Muncaster Castle - Won lto and not harshly raised in weights as the horse only won by a neck. Has a poor strike rate but that run sees the horse in good heart and, with only General Tufto to beat, should go close. Has a much better draw than that rival too so could be a bit of value. 7.20 Kempton: Cinematic - 2 cracking runs since long absence, races off similar mark for this run and was unlucky to be caught lto. Right trip and in right grade, should run into a place at worst. 9.20 Kempton: Hatch A Plan - Poor field but this horse has won off much higher mark in the past. Drawn really well and cracking effort lto, finishing neck 2nd in this sort of company. Repeat of that effort will be enough with capable apprentice on board.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.