Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League)

Friday 13 February 2009Home Away
Hull FC v Wigan Warriors (20:00GMT)-4+4Details »
Hide « Hull FC v Wigan Warriors
Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield (20:00GMT)-18+18Details »
Hide « Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield
St Helens v Warrington (20:00GMT)-8+8Details »
Hide « St Helens v Warrington
Saturday 14 February 2009Home Away
Catalans v Huddersfield (18:00GMT)-6+6Details »
Hide « Catalans v Huddersfield
Salford City v Celtic (19:30GMT)-4+4Details »
Hide « Salford City v Celtic
Sunday 15 February 2009Home Away
Bradford v Hull KR (15:00GMT)-12+12Details »
Hide « Bradford v Hull KR
Castleford v Harlequins (15:30GMT)-4+4Details »
Catalans, Castleford and Leeds look to have achievable handicaps at first glances.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) I'll add the Northern Rail when I get chance. Castleford are definately interesting to me and possibily Catalans. As people have said last week, always a risk opposing Wakefield. If I remember rightly, they have a decent record against Leeds?

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League)

I'll add the Northern Rail when I get chance. If I remember rightly' date=' they have a decent record against Leeds?[/quote'] They lost all three encounters last season. 2 at Wakey. None of them were close. The only thing that really puts me off going for this 100% it Seniors absence. Hes pretty much Leeds is go to man if things get stubborn. Even so Wakey look so thin in the forwards. Could be a long night. Weathers been well ropey today though. One to keep an eye on.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) I think tries will definately be order of the day in this one. With that in mind Ali Lauitiiti @ 4.5 with Skybet for anytime tryscorer. Played 2 against Wakey last season. 3 tries. Mes thinks they struggle to contain the big man.

Im not normally one for info on Rugby League but felt i had to share the following. I have been informed by good source that Widnes are looking strong, fit and look very pacey plus they have 2 halfbacks who look the part !! The word is that -16 skybet v Oldham tomorrow is a cert and to make your money over the next couple of weeks before they are giving 30pts+ starts !!!!!!!

Challenge Cup Saturday 14 February 2009 Home Away
Featherstone v British Army (13:30GMT) -6+6Details »
Hide « Featherstone v British Army
Kells v Leigh MR (13:30GMT) +8 -8Details »
Hide « Kells v Leigh MR
Loughborough v Navy (13:30GMT) -14+14Details »
Hide « Loughborough v Navy
Saddleworth Rangers v Castleford Lock Lane (13:30GMT) -8+8Details »
Hide « Saddleworth Rangers v Castleford Lock Lane
Sharlston v Leigh East (13:30GMT) 0 0Details »
Hide « Sharlston v Leigh East
Siddal v West Bowling (13:30GMT) -16+16Details »
Hide « Siddal v West Bowling
St Maries v Queens (13:30GMT) +14 -14Details »
Hide « St Maries v Queens
Wath Brow v Hull Dockers (13:30GMT) +4 -4Details »
Hide « Wath Brow v Hull Dockers
Wigan St Judes v Pilkington Recs (13:30GMT) -8+8Details »
Hide « Wigan St Judes v Pilkington Recs
Wigan St Patricks v West Hull (13:30GMT) -4+4Details »
Hide « Wigan St Patricks v West Hull
Sunday 15 February 2009Home Away
Metropolitan v Edinburgh (13:30GMT) +24Details »
Erm it would appear theres more than one Wigan Hull game this weekend.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Whatever happens I wont be giving big starts in this weather after last week. So again if I do anything stakes will be kept small, the weather, new teams put together, its just still to unpredictable at the moment. Leeds would seem a decent bet later on in the season, but with the weather and their up and coming world club final I will leave well alone. I was hoping for a bit more start on Warrington, maybe 14 and I would have been on them. Saints just don't do this weather and set off awful last year losing to the poorer sides in the division, I think it was Harlequins who beat them on their own patch early doors, not sure but their results were poor. I think I have seen +10, which slightly interests me, but rather than looking for something that is not there I will probably leave it this week.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Warrington look worth backing on paper at least. They look real strong. Pre season shows they may still have that soft centre that lets them down. There should be lots of points in this one. However this infernal weather makes me reluctant. Points total looks to be around 48 mark. Over 42 I might have gone for but 48. No.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Henry you can go higher than 42 at 10/11 5/6 with many bookies, it as low as 40.5 with sporting bet, but I don't want to be buying points until the pitches firm up. I have actually had a bet on the spreads on the Hull v Wigan game, the weather is suppose to be at 0 and night games seem to generally be low scoring add to that two pretty defensive sides and I see a low scoring affair. I have had to go under 40 points, but I see little downside to this, but again stakes are kept small. Selection under 40 points on spread Wigan v Hull Also I do like Hull kR +12 and will have a small bet on this. Again in this weather scroes will be low and tight and I don't think there is anymore between these two teams than last year. Bradford will probably win but there maybe just one score in it. Selection Hull KR +12 10/11

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Saints lost their opener in last 2 seasons, but had word the weather is/will be sound in st helens tonight. A good time to play saints, but agree, was after higher for wire on the cap. Saints on paper, weak down their left flank, with Meli missing and Talau not replaced. Gilmour to fill in at centre, partnering a debutant rookie. Been hanging on for hills to release their a/time prices, and as with last week, they've come up trumps. Gardner @ 2.00 pi$$es on the competition's 1.72. The last time Ade failed to score v's Wire in SL was 4 years ago. Ten games in all, incl' last 4 at home and 6 away + one in th'cup. Crossed the whitewash in 11 from 14 homes LS soring 18 tries. The dodgy Penny probably his oppo' tonight, the Wolves left flank will be peppered.

Friday 13 February 2009 Home Away
Widnes v Oldham (19:30GMT) -18 +18 Details »
Hide « Widnes v Oldham
Sunday 15 February 2009 Home Away
Blackpool v Keighley (15:00GMT) +4 -4 Details »
Hide « Blackpool v Keighley
Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions (15:00GMT) -12 +12 Details »
Hide « Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions
Doncaster v Featherstone (15:00GMT) +6 -6 Details »
Hide « Doncaster v Featherstone
Gateshead v Sheffield (15:00GMT) +6 -6 Details »
Hide « Gateshead v Sheffield
Hunslet Hawks v Halifax (15:00GMT) +24 -24 Details »
Hide « Hunslet Hawks v Halifax
Leigh v London Skolars (15:00GMT) -30 +30 Details »
Hide « Leigh v London Skolars
Rochdale v Barrow Raiders (15:00GMT) +14 -14 Details »
Hide « Rochdale v Barrow Raiders
Whitehaven v Batley Bulldogs (15:00GMT) -12 +12 Details »
Hide « Whitehaven v Batley Bulldogs
Workington v York City (15:00GMT) 0 0 Detail

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Bit rushed for time after chatting to various live chats about the cricket :eyes. 2 for me tonight. Fully agree with Mr Hoff re Gardner and having one away from the TV cameras. 5pts A.Gardner Anytime Scorer Evs William Hill Greenhoff said pretty much all that needs saying about Gardner tonight. Saints have a weak and inexperienced left hand side tonight and last season's top try scorer is up against one of the poorer defenders in Super League on the other side. Gardner's record against Warrington is extremely good and with Gidley inside him most of the play is going to go down that side. Gardner will see plenty of ball and I'm confident he'll go over tonight. 3pts Hull FC to beat Wigan 8/11 Blue Square I like the make up of the black and white's this season. The return of Richard Horne and the quality of Chris Thorman in the halves should give them a solid platform with which to play some good rugby from. Their forwards have always been solid enough and with the likes of Yeaman, Briscoe, Calderwood and Byrne around to finish opportunities I expect Hull to go well. Wigan will be without Richie Mathers and they are still trying to work out how to play without Trent Barrett. They lack a real quality hooker too which so much of their play often comes from. They need to find a kicking game and quick but with Wigan having a weakish looking back line I'm gonna go for Hull to win this.

I think tries will definately be order of the day in this one. With that in mind Ali Lauitiiti @ 4.5 with Skybet for anytime tryscorer. Played 2 against Wakey last season. 3 tries. Mes thinks they struggle to contain the big man.
That didnt take long. 2 minutes.:eek I wonder what the price was for 1st try scorer?

2 good calls there Kev' date=' keep it up :clap[/quote'] Cheers mate. Greenhoff deserves the credit for the Gardner one although I've noticed Hills have been all wrong with their anytime prices so far so will look to take advantage of that as we go along :ok.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) I got back to late to put anything on. Had been tempted by the Leeds handicap but I dont think I would have lumped on in the end. Kevin Sinfield didnt make the team. With Burrow already out they lacked someone with a kicking game. Caught the game on the radio 2nd half. Sounded like Wakey could have got something out of the game but no cutting edge despite being encamped on the Leeds line. Its Salford up next for Wakey. They may have to raid the under12s girls team. They lost 2 more to injury(Obst and Halley). Well done Kev and Mr Hoff. Good calls btw.:ok

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Top stuff last night lads :clap. Am on Salford (-4) tonight. Just feel they may have a slight edge in terms of experience and cohesion. Both have signed a fair few players but with home advantage, more time together pre-season and that touch more Super League experience (Talau, Paul, coach Shaun McRae etc.) I just fancy them to get the edge over Celtic tonight. 10/11 (-4) still available at WillHills. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) The mighty h....Ali was 25's, as was JJB. Having a punt on Dyer FTS EW 1234 @ 16/1 sp/bet. Scored in 3 appearances from 4 v salford last season and copped for first try twice in 2 and 8 mins respectively. Bagged the 4th in the NL1 GF also. Facing the less than reliable Talau, and probably a centre who's usually a winger tonight. Got off the mark last week in Leeds. Was looking at Myler who has a good record against the CC. His 5/2 anytime is an improvement on the 7/4 he was for the GF, and he's partnered by the ( at first glance) decent Jeremy Smith, who should bring him on leaps and bounds. But after all the waffle, cried off backing him due to him just coming back from an ankle injury. nice price though. Been informed reliably, the weather is perfect for rugby tonight. No wind, rain free for days etc. The tote's 37.5 could be acheivable but there's a lot of new bodies out there tonigh, the only reason i'm leaving alone.

Top stuff last night lads :clap. Am on Salford (-4) tonight. Just feel they may have a slight edge in terms of experience and cohesion. Both have signed a fair few players but with home advantage, more time together pre-season and that touch more Super League experience (Talau, Paul, coach Shaun McRae etc.) I just fancy them to get the edge over Celtic tonight. 10/11 (-4) still available at WillHills. GL all :hope :ok
Nice work Lee :ok

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Well done Lee, a successful week all round by the looks of things. I really want to get involved with the Northern Rail this weekend but many of the sides are also playing midweek due to the games being postponed last week. Many teams use the Northern Rail as an extended pre-season and tend to experiment. My own side Featherstone are resting a few big hitters today including our two main props and Saxton presumably keeping them fresh for Wednesday's encounter against Leigh. Today we face Doncaster who have struggled to recruit during pre season and had the up heaval of losing Hanley. We beat them 3 or 4 weeks ago in a pre season friendly and I'll be opposing them througout the season. They rely heavily on Kyle Briggs but aprt from him they lack quality. Another team I fancy to go will this year is Barrow. They seem to have recruited well and keep a look out for a centre called Ian Bell. From what I hear this guy is absolute quality. He played a couple of times for Hull a few years ago but for one reason or another he spent time at Her Majesty's pleasure. he had a trial at Featherstone last season but for some reason didn't sign. People say that if he stayed at Hull and kept his head concentrated on RL he would have certainly made it in Super League and possibly international level. Some say aged 16 he was the best player of that age in Hull for quite a few years! For interest I'm going for double today of Featherstone at Doncaster and Barrow at Rochdale on the outright market. It pays just over 1.50.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Just read that Greg Eastwood has missed out on a visa, to join Carney, Crocker and Bird. Unsure of the current quality of the Leeds backrow but that's surely got to be a big blow to them. That said, he's probably got a decent shot of having the decision overturned given the grounds of initial refusal.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Good luck Punto :ok. I'm going for a small bet this afternoon too. Taking on my own side. I don't really know what I expect from Quins this season but whatever we do this season I suspect we'll take a week or two to find our feet. I've already stated I like Cas this season. 3pts Castleford (-2) to beat Harlequins 10/11 Boylesports As I said in my outright thoughts on the season I think Castleford will do ok this year. Their young players have had a year of experience and will be better for it and Terry Matterson has brought in some experienced players to go with them. Quins are about to begin life without Henry Paul, Mark McLinden and Scott Hill - without a doubt their 3 most influential players last season. Rikki Sheriffe has gone up the M1 as well so Quins have a lot of new blood into their side. Luke Dorn's return is a boost and he'll be up for the game against the side he has just left but Cas showed The Jungle can be a tricky place to go last season and I think they'll start Super League 14 with a home win.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Well done Lee on last night, was a no bet for me. Just a small bet on Hull kr against Bradford for me today. Early season and with most games finishing within a try I am happy to take 12 start against an average Bradford side. Weather is wet and dull and I can see another low scoring game with just a converted try or so in it. Hull kr +12 10/11 I have heard that barrow should go really well this year punto to and that Doncaster could struggle. I will be going to as many lower league games as I can and keeping up to the lower divisions as much as I can.

Re: Super League Week 2(Plus any other Rugby League) Cheers guys. I'm also on Castleford today aswell - giving away 4 though :(. They were stern opposition at The Jungle last year and they've been supported in some of the ante-post markets (Challenge Cup, Regular Season h'cap etc.) this pre-season so some could argue they've been a tad underestimated by the bookies. If they can hit the ground running - and Harlequins can avoid pulling off one of their shocks - they may be able to take this one by more that the one try. GL all :hope :ok