Southwell 12/2/09

fintron

Re: Southwell 12/2/09 1.20 Southwell King of the Beers would interest me at a price but I feel he needs further, and Fun in the Sun, although in a decent level of form, has to prove his effectiveness on the surface. Headgear has failed to sharpen up Tiger's Rocket in recent starts, this time they are clutching at straws with a vistor, and Lancaster Lad is another that may prefer quicker ground. Rub of the Relic likes to race prominently but has a wide draw to overcome and General Tufto may be suited by further. Louisade looks one of the more likely winners as he has slipped to a nice mark and has finished in the frame on his last two starts. However, he is on the decline and it may pay to side with Jordi Roper, who will be suited by the step back up in trip. Raced over 6 furlongs on his last two runs, he has shaped as if further would suit. I think he is worth a try at 7f personally, because even when he was second over the mile here, it was very late on that he was collared. Still only 4 yo, Stuart Parr's gelding is open to more improvement and he has been a model of consistency at the course. He's only 5 lbs above his last win and 1 lb higher than a neck second here two starts ago, and although he was a disappointing fourth last time, he was simply outpaced over that shorter trip. they run him over a mile today and whilst that is probably pushing the limits of his stamina, in this company, I think he is good enough to get home. I fully expect him to gain compensation today and although a degree of caution must be exercised betting in apprentice races, I think the 10/3 (Betfred) is a fair price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.