Rugby League: Super League XIV Outrights

Have started a thread for all the outright bets throughout the season. I'm going with 3 for ante post interest. No huge stakes because it's a long time til we get paid out! 3pts Castleford to qualify for the playoffs 5/2 Ladbrokes I quite like this price on a Cas side who have all the credentials to progress into a pretty decent side. Despite finishing bottom of the lot last season, they showed the undoubted ability they have when they beat teams like Leeds on their own patch. They rarely had any problems scoring last season but shipped points like a sieve ships water. However they seem to have brought fairly well in the off season and although losing Luke Dorn isn't brilliant, signings like Sione Faumuina provide good quality. Ryan Hudson is back at the Jungle and if he can play his best rugby and control the ruck area Cas should go well. I think 7th and 8th are wide open this year and Cas at 5/2 look a decent price should they progress like they could. 1pt ew D.Blanch Top Regular Season Try Scorer 33/1 Betfred (1/4 1,2,3,4) Although I think Wakefield might struggle this season, I still think they'll score some tries. They never normally have a problem in that area. Damien Blanch is a very good winger who finished tries well. If he breaks the line nobody will catch him because he's lightning fast and he showed in the world cup all his qualities. He should be full of confidence after a good world cup and I'll take him as a value alternative to the regulars from the big 2. 1pt K.Cunningham Man of Steel 28/1 Boylesports Going for Cunningham to get the sentimental vote here. He's one of the best players to have graced the game and is certainly right up there in those from the Super League era, however he's never won the Man of Steel. This is his last year with the Saints and I'd expect a high quality season from the Welshman. Saints are going to be challenging from all angles and that will keep the big man in the spotlight and at 28/1 he's value to get the Man of Steel crown at the end of the season.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIV Outrights

Have started a thread for all the outright bets throughout the season. I'm going with 3 for ante post interest. No huge stakes because it's a long time til we get paid out! 3pts Castleford to qualify for the playoffs 5/2 Ladbrokes I quite like this price on a Cas side who have all the credentials to progress into a pretty decent side. Despite finishing bottom of the lot last season, they showed the undoubted ability they have when they beat teams like Leeds on their own patch. They rarely had any problems scoring last season but shipped points like a sieve ships water. However they seem to have brought fairly well in the off season and although losing Luke Dorn isn't brilliant, signings like Sione Faumuina provide good quality. Ryan Hudson is back at the Jungle and if he can play his best rugby and control the ruck area Cas should go well. I think 7th and 8th are wide open this year and Cas at 5/2 look a decent price should they progress like they could. 1pt ew D.Blanch Top Regular Season Try Scorer 33/1 Betfred (1/4 1,2,3,4) Although I think Wakefield might struggle this season, I still think they'll score some tries. They never normally have a problem in that area. Damien Blanch is a very good winger who finished tries well. If he breaks the line nobody will catch him because he's lightning fast and he showed in the world cup all his qualities. He should be full of confidence after a good world cup and I'll take him as a value alternative to the regulars from the big 2. 1pt K.Cunningham Man of Steel 28/1 Boylesports Going for Cunningham to get the sentimental vote here. He's one of the best players to have graced the game and is certainly right up there in those from the Super League era, however he's never won the Man of Steel. This is his last year with the Saints and I'd expect a high quality season from the Welshman. Saints are going to be challenging from all angles and that will keep the big man in the spotlight and at 28/1 he's value to get the Man of Steel crown at the end of the season.
I was at Cas last week mate, they played us in a friendly and it was 50-10. We were terrible and they never really got out of 3rd gear. This cas bet could be a good call, Shenton, Owen, Westerman all a year older will stand them in good stead. They will rely heavily on home form as will the other team but I think this is a good bet. Not sure I'm in agreement with Blanch though. Not because I don't rate him, more that I don't rate Wakefield to be honest. If it wasn't for their run in the Challenge Cup last season, their season was a right off and I know a lot of fans aren't pleased with Kear. One of the clubs most under threat IMO from losing their franchise either in 3 years or sooner and I think they will struggle. That doesn't mean Blanch won't score tries though :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIV Outrights We played Cas pre season and they were poor to be honest, but that was a pre season and you can't read too much into that. I am going to have a bet on us (Huddersfield) at EVS to finish in the play offs. Not the biggest bet ever but a decent one. I think there are still enough poor sides that will certainly finish below us and I really expect us to improve, Phil Clarke said he expected us to be the surprise package this year and I think he could be right. I also think Wakefield will struggle this year. They have lost more than they have recruited, have injury problems early doors and were poor towards the back end of the season and Kear always seems to have a honeymoon period wherever he goes and then a mighty crash. I hope I am wrong as I like going over to Wakefield, but I agree, they could be the first to go out of the new franchise and I know one or two Wakefield fans who have expressed concerns about the new season. The Cunningham bet could be an interesting one Kev and maybe worth a few quid.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIV Outrights As I said in my write up, I don't rate Wakey that much this season either but Blanch can still score tries. Cas were poor in terms of results last season but Luke Dorn was right up there in the top try scorer mix. Hopefully Blanch can do the same!

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIV Outrights I've just got a few quid on Bulls at 14-1 with Skybet and Tadulala each way at 25-1 with Skybet, literally just put the bets on minutes ago. I expect big things from Bradford this year although I say that every season. They have to improve dramatically to beat St Helens and Leeds but can't be any worse than recent times and are underrated in my opinion.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIV Outrights Chris Riley to be top try scorer @ 66/1(Skybet) As with every season Warrington look awsome on paper going into the season. I fancy them to make a good account of themselves this year. Been so unlucky with injuries in the past. This could be the year it all clicks. Regardless of what happens though I reckon they will be amonst the tries. 3rd best team try scorers last season. Hopefully they will kick on this year. Chris Riley looks a bargain at 66/1. Hes at 30s elsewhere. 13 last season. If Warrington finally play to their potential who knows how many he'll score.