Fold in this spot?

Woodie

Other guy is a sit out and 5 chips left would you fold here not just push? he's been raising every hand I've been card dead once down to 3 of us PokerStars Game #24503735031: Tournament #137885441, $12.00+$1.00 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2009/02/01 15:38:36 ET Table '137885441 1' 6-max Seat #6 is the button Seat 2: floborba (7917 in chips) Seat 4: woodiejr (1078 in chips) Seat 6: George Hyde (5 in chips) is sitting out floborba: posts small blind 50 woodiejr: posts big blind 100 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to woodiejr [Ad Ks] George Hyde: folds floborba: raises 100 to 200 woodiejr: raises 878 to 1078 and is all-in floborba: calls 878 *** FLOP *** [9c Th 4d] *** TURN *** [9c Th 4d] [8h] *** RIVER *** [9c Th 4d 8h] [Jc] *** SHOW DOWN *** floborba: shows [5s 5d] (a pair of Fives) woodiejr: shows [Ad Ks] (high card Ace) floborba collected 2156 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 2156 | Rake 0 Board [9c Th 4d 8h Jc] Seat 2: floborba (small blind) showed [5s 5d] and won (2156) with a pair of Fives Seat 4: woodiejr (big blind) showed [Ad Ks] and lost with high card Ace Seat 6: George Hyde (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Re: Fold in this spot? The raise is incorrect here due to the other player with 5 chips, also given his stack it's almost impossible to get him off. So you should only be raising with a big pair I'd say. You could call, as it's only 100 more and see if you hit, given his hand it probably would've been checked down anyway. If you miss you can pass anyway. For me the above applies even if 1-2-3 get paid. You cannot fail to get 2nd place here and that must be in the bag before you try and win the whole thing. He is one lucky f*cker though to cash with 5. :@

Re: Fold in this spot? I see where you guys are coming from when you say just fold etc but this guy been raising every hand and I must of 3 bet him 4 times when 3 handed and he snap folded. Maybe I'm a dipstick for pushing with ak in this spot but I think if I was in same situation again I's proberly play it the same maybe that's just me and that play prob is -ev but I don't wanna be bleeding chips going into heads up rather take a chance and have a stack to be able to play with...?>?!!?><><>??

Re: Fold in this spot?

I see where you guys are coming from when you say just fold etc but this guy been raising every hand and I must of 3 bet him 4 times when 3 handed and he snap folded. Maybe I'm a dipstick for pushing with ak in this spot but I think if I was in same situation again I's proberly play it the same maybe that's just me and that play prob is -ev but I don't wanna be bleeding chips going into heads up rather take a chance and have a stack to be able to play with...?>?!!?><><>??
The most important thing is profit, in ANY tourn. Winning the whole thing is secondary. Of course you should not overly damage your chance win by concentrating on survival, you have to prioritise it correctly. I think in this instance you must concentrate on getting 2nd place, even if you are ALREADY in the money. Once he has called all of a sudden you're 50/50 to finish 2nd/3rd. Folding you're probably 1/33 to finish at least 2nd. Even if you double up with your AK, you're still odds-on to finish 2nd due to the stacks. I do push with a big pair, although even KK is questionable. :ok

• 2 weeks later...