Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International One Day Internationals at Adelaide: 26 January 2009 Result South Africa won by 8 wickets (with 71 balls remaining) Top Australian Runscorer - Ponting - 63 runs 17 February 2008 Result Australia won by 50 runs v India Top Australian Runscorer - Clarke - 79 runs 14 December 2007 Result Australia won by 7 wickets (with 45 balls remaining) v New Zealand Top Australian Runscorer - Ponting - 107 NOT OUT 26 January 2007 Result Australia won by 9 wickets (with 153 balls remaining) v England Top Australian Runscorer - Ponting - 51 NOT OUT Last 4 ODI's played here Ponting has been Top Australian runscorer 3 out of the 4 (75%) :ok

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International If you like Jonesy. Cricket was played before 2007 though. Have a butchers at his record here: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/7133.html?class=2;ground=131;template=results;type=allround;view=innings As I said earlier, 3 ducks and 6 knocks below 20. As I tried to point out, how many times will 51 and 63 top score? It would only have top scored once in this series but Ponting only made 5 in that match. Look at his stats batting 1st, it's pointless looking at what he does batting 2nd because Australia will be batting 1st. I'll ignore the Zimbabwe game because I could score 50 against them so batting 1st over his career, after all that's what records are formed over, batting 1st he has 11, 43, 0, 10 and 63. I make that an average of 25.40. Still you can't help those who don't want to listen.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Sorry Kev but previous to 3 years ago, are useless stats - you should be looking at the most current and on my reckoning 3 out of the last 4 ODI's is NOT TERRIBLE stats! and 2 of those knocks, he hadn't been dismissed. He has the best current stats for any Australian batsman here at this ground! Ponting has got better and better here - it's like everything in life you start off at something very average and improve :ok

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Oh well. Can't say I didn't try. After the 3rd ODI loss I'm back to +4.88 for the series. I still can't work out why Vettori would choose to bowl 1st at Sydney of all places with 2 spinners in the team but there we go. I'm going with 4 for the 4th ODI which is at the Adelaide Oval. 4pts New Zealand to win 4th ODI 2/1 Boylesports The two sides head to Adelaide with New Zealand 2-1 up in the series and knowing that a win here will see them win the series before we get to Brisbane on Friday. The Aussies will be full of confidence and should have a decent crowd behind them in this match with Cricket Australia using this game to fund raise for the Bushfire appeal. However the Aussies had a decent crowd behind them when they played South Africa here and were awful. Australia look like making just the one change to their side which won in Sydney. Peter Siddle looks set for his ODI debut after taking 4 for in a state game at the weekend. New Zealand should be unchanged but Brendon McCullum is awaiting the results of a scan on his shoulder. He's a big cog for NZ though and assuming it's not damaged, and the way he swung the bat on Sunday I can't see it being broken, I'd expect him to play. A little bit like Sydney, this is a ground which should suit New Zealand. Their better batsmen prefer to hit it square of the wicket which is where the short boundaries are and the straight boundaries are massive which is good for Patel and Vettori. The ball does turn here but it swings too. I know New Zealand went for 300 on Sunday but I can't see that happening again and still without being convinced about Australia I'll take the Kiwi's to win the series at the 2nd time of asking. 4pts Over 5.5 6's Evs Blue Square I quite like the overs in 6's here. In the Aus vs SA match here earlier in the summer there were 4 6's but SA coasted to victory that day. These two hit 8 6's between them at Sydney with a lot of them coming square of the wicket or at mid wicket. That's where the boundaries are short on this ground which bodes well for 6's. I like the lineup of the Aussies batting at the minute and the strokeplayers up top and in the middle can set the innings right up for the likes of Hussey, White and Hopes. NZ have hitters too. Ross Taylor clears most ropes as can Mills and McCullum of course so I think there's enough 6 hitting potential to see 6 maximums here. 5pts M.Hussey (-4.5 runs) to beat P.Fulton 5/6 Ladbrokes Michael Hussey is in great touch with the bat at the minute. He's made 49, 75 and 51 in the series so far. More importantly for me is he's back in that "finishing" position which he plays so well. he's perfectly suited for this ground although he's yet to hit a real big score here. He's one of the best square of the wicket players in the world so he should get some decent runs again here. 2 metre Pete is having a good series too by his standards but he's yet to really crack on in an innings despite getting in on a couple of occasions. That said I always think he's vulnerable to the quicker pace. Hussey's in good touch, he could easily have had 3 half centuries in 3 games in the series. He's covered this handicap on all 3 occasions and I think he'll do so again. 1pt G.Elliott Man of the Match 16/1 Bet365 I can't really understand how Grant Elliott hasn't picked up a man of the match award in this series yet. For me he's been the man of the series with a couple of superb knocks and mature knocks at that. He's also proved to be pretty effective with the ball too and can field as well. He seems to enjoy playing shots square of the wicket which should pay dividends here and with the form he's been in recently then a man of the match award is just around the corner. For me he's been the MOM in the last 2 matches without getting the award so I'll chance 3rd time lucky at a decent price here in Adelaide.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Yeah, Ponting would definitely have top scored if he didn't get out...!! He was lucky to make what he did, he should have clearly been given out LBW before but survived. Never really looked that comfortable..

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Two 6's and 10 Hussey runs needed at HT.. lookin good
And good they were.
Yeah, Ponting would definitely have top scored if he didn't get out...!! He was lucky to make what he did, he should have clearly been given out LBW before but survived. Never really looked that comfortable..
That's a pretty fair assessment of things. He played one decent shot, could've been run out, was plumb LBW and edged one behind the ball after the 1st slip had been removed. Hussey and 6's were winners but NZ were a good 25 runs short. I can't work Vettori out at the minute. He bowled 1st in Sydney where the pitch would slow up in the 2nd innings and then batted 1st here when he only had 1 spinner in the side :unsure. Shame really as I quite like him as a captain. +3.17 for the day for me. +8.05pts for the series going into Friday's decider.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Two for me tomorrow (neither Ponting based, so expect him to rediscover his form) James Hopes MOTM @ 26 - Paddy Power A decent chance that Hopes will open tomorrow with Clarke doubtful (I can't see them risking him given the way things have gone so far). He will be playing on his home ground and if conditions are overcast that will help his seamers and he might get a few wickets to help his cause. Furthermore, what I really like about this bet is that there's a strong possibilty of this match being rain affected. In over-reduced matches I feel there is a stronger opportunity for all-rounders' performance to stand out and with the aforesaid opening potential this one looks good. Tim Southee MOTM @ 19 - Paddy Southee took 3/23 in his first spell in the GABBA test and if conditions continue to be overcast then his swing bowling could be a feature. A five for would probably do the trick as could a 2-3 wicket haul and a crucial innings with the bat with the game in the balance (as Albie Morkel manged to do twice for SAF). He's a big hitter so is certainly capable of capitalising on such a scenario. Would IMO require NZ to bowl first to come off.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Will come back with the rest of my bets later but one before the price collapses. 1pt ew J.Hopes Top Australia Batsman 16/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) As Crouchy has already intimated, James Hopes looks set to open if Michael Clarke is ruled out as I get the impression he will be. This is Hopes' home ground so he's going to be fairly well settled on this wicket and with Haddin going the way he is there will be no pressure on Hopes to get on with it immediately. Hopes top scored down the order here against India last year so he's got previous on this ground and that shows even if he doesn't open all is not lost. Hopes is pretty solid with the bat and 16/1 is a massive price if he comes out 1st up, particularly if NZ bat 1st and fail miserably. However the match pans out though, I'm happy for a small bet on Hopes at 16s.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Hopes MOTM bet looks very good and I have had a go at this also Crouch Potato :hope Paddypower don't realise the fact that Hopes may open the batting and he is 12/1 currently to top score with them, whereas William Hill must know as they have him at 6/1... If Hopes hits a decent score then gets his customary couple of wickets then that 25/1 MOTM is overpriced! This should be a cracking game and I'm looking forward to it I think the Aussies will smell the fear in NZ and will win this comfortably after coming from 2 nil down! great performance from them if they do win after getting their asses whooped by SA :ok

Two for me tomorrow (neither Ponting based, so expect him to rediscover his form) James Hopes MOTM @ 26 - Paddy Power A decent chance that Hopes will open tomorrow with Clarke doubtful (I can't see them risking him given the way things have gone so far). He will be playing on his home ground and if conditions are overcast that will help his seamers and he might get a few wickets to help his cause. Furthermore, what I really like about this bet is that there's a strong possibilty of this match being rain affected. In over-reduced matches I feel there is a stronger opportunity for all-rounders' performance to stand out and with the aforesaid opening potential this one looks good. Tim Southee MOTM @ 19 - Paddy Southee took 3/23 in his first spell in the GABBA test and if conditions continue to be overcast then his swing bowling could be a feature. A five for would probably do the trick as could a 2-3 wicket haul and a crucial innings with the bat with the game in the balance (as Albie Morkel manged to do twice for SAF). He's a big hitter so is certainly capable of capitalising on such a scenario. Would IMO require NZ to bowl first to come off.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International 3 main bets for me tomorrow. Slightly lower stakes with showers forecast. 4pts R.Taylor (-3.5 runs) to beat D.Hussey 5/6 Ladbrokes As I said earlier in the series, Ross Taylor is New Zealand's star man and he's shown it at various times in the series. With this being the decider I expect him to take the responsibility and try to bat through the innings before unleashing havoc at the end. David Hussey played a match winning knock in Adelaide but he'd had a poor series up until then. There's no doubt that the innings in Adelaide should fill the younger Hussey with confidence but he's yet to show any consistency in the international arena. Vettori should go ok on this wicket so it won't be easy for Hussey to bat. Taylor's in great form and I think he'll beat Hussey by at least 4. 3pts Over 5.5 6's 4/5 Blue Square Specifically taken this bet at Blue Square, not just because their line is much lower than Sportingbet's but because they pay out on a shortened over match as long as there's an official result. The last 2 games have seen this amount of 6's covered and I see nothing changing here. Both sides have big hitters in their midst and the Gabba isn't the biggest ground around Australia. Pace and bounce is a given on this wicket which should aid the 6 hitting so I'll go for the overs. 3pts K.Mills' Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kyle Mills has had a fairly decent series with both bat and ball but he hasn't really put the two together apart from in Perth. Here he'll have every chance of taking 2 wickets because the ground assists swing bowling and there'll be something in the wicket early doors. Mills bowls up front and at the death which is handy for wicket taking. Batting at 7 he has every chance of putting solid points on the board with the bat and he's even good for a catch or two at times. I like Mills as an ODI cricketer and fancy him to cover 40pts.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Couple of questions for the guru's.... 1. How many overs needed for a result? 2. I have Australia to win the series. If this one is a washout job, does that mean a refund or whats the story. There was never an option to bet on a tied series. Cheers :cheers

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Couple of questions for the guru's.... 1. How many overs needed for a result? 2. I have Australia to win the series. If this one is a washout job, does that mean a refund or whats the story. There was never an option to bet on a tied series. Cheers :cheers
Most likely a dead heat I would say mate.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International I got mugged off well and truly in that match. 4 bets, 2 winners and 2 losers. The 2 winners get voided and of course the 2 losers get settled as losers :eyes. Either settle all bets or void all don't pick and fcuking choose :@.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Going for 2 in the twenty20 match. Rain is forecast though so I'm going with markets which won't be voided. 5pts New Zealand to win Twenty20 International 13/8 Coral We had a bit of a prep game for this twenty20 match in the 5th ODI at Brisbane on Friday and New Zealand were emphatically winning that when the heavens opened. That was against a strong Australian side but they'll face an Australia team without Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey and Mitchell Johnson here. New Zealand have sent 2 metre Pete home and Kyle Mills is having the game off but this is a very young Aussie side which will be captained by Brad Haddin for the 1st time. He's got a lot on his plate and if there is a game here I think NZ will win it. 4pts New Zealand Most 6's 6/4 Stan James New Zealand were winning 5-3 on 6's at Brisbane the other night and that was despite batting 8 overs less than the Aussies. They've kept a pretty strong batting lineup in Australia for this match while for the Aussies, a lot of their big hitting potential comes from their opening two - Haddin and Warner. There's a lot of youth and inexperience in the Aussie line up and with NZ having bowlers like Vettori and O'Brien who don't go for too many I'll take the Kiwi's to hit the most 6's.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series & Twenty20 International Only Grant Elliott can know how NZ didn't win that match. Very annoying because it was in the bag with 3 overs to go. Can't complain too much though because the 6's bet came in off the last ball and the match was over by then and one of NZ's 6's actually bounced before the rope so I got lucky there. It meant +1pt for the match which after Friday's misfortune sees me finish the series very slightly in profit to the tune of 0.05pts :$. I guess profit is profit :lol.