Southwell 29/1/09

3.20 Southwell Take Me There (9/4 Bet 365) - Competed in a couple of bumpers for Paul Nicholls before joining John Berry and making his first start for him in October, when winning here over two miles on the jumps course. He made his all-weather debut here in December but showed Southwell in general to be a happy hunting ground when picking up a maiden. Confirmed his liking for the sand again when a decent second last time out on his handicap debut (0.5 lengths behind the 72-rated winner and 7 lengths clear of the 3rd who has won a handicap off 67) and running off the same mark here in the same grade he could go well again. The one that is of interest at a bigger price is Victory Quest, trading at 24.0 at the minute. All but one of his 11 career wins have come here and although he's up in grade here his ability to handle the surface is a huge plus at that price. He's 7 lbs above his last winning mark but he may sneak a place or at worst, his price may open up a bit shorter in the morning and he can be laid off.

Re: Southwell 29/1/09 2.50 - Coral Shores - EW 9 runner handicap, pretty open event with 9/2 co-favourites as I type this. I've got a shortlist of 3...... Opera Writer - topweight, down in class and down in the weights, has a course win to his name. Minus points - not in great form, course win was some time ago, despite drop in weights he still needs a career best to win and he's 6 years old with 48 runs. Difficult to see him as an improver. Trans Sonic - showed improved form when stepped up in trip here last time. Handles the track. Minus points - that good run last time was when dropped in class to class 6, back to class 5 today, and he had an uncontested lead, which seems unlikely today. Coral Shores - has never won here but has been second 4 times, so handles the track, ran OK here over an inadequate trip 2 runs ago, although she finished last was only beaten around 4L by a decent type in Mozadaya. Then went to Lingfield and was noted running on nicely without being given a hard time in a 10F handicap. Minus points - needs a career best and doesn't win very often. With Opera Writer and Trans Sonic currently 9/2 co-faves and Coral Shores at 10/1, I'll go EW on Coral Shores............

Re: Southwell 29/1/09 1.50 Southwell: MISS FRITTON - 0.25pt win, 0.75pt place I'm tipping this, so it;s a surefire, cast iron certainty of a place lay :ok Tight knit handicap, and this one can build on the more promising of its runs so far with the switch to the slower Southwell surface I hope. Also small rfc with Solo Choice :hope

Re: Southwell 29/1/09

1.50 Southwell: MISS FRITTON - 0.25pt win, 0.75pt place I'm tipping this, so it;s a surefire, cast iron certainty of a place lay :ok Tight knit handicap, and this one can build on the more promising of its runs so far with the switch to the slower Southwell surface I hope. Also small rfc with Solo Choice :hope
9.2 for the win, 4.5 for theplace

1.50 Southwell: MISS FRITTON - 0.25pt win, 0.75pt place I'm tipping this, so it;s a surefire, cast iron certainty of a place lay :ok Tight knit handicap, and this one can build on the more promising of its runs so far with the switch to the slower Southwell surface I hope. Also small rfc with Solo Choice :hope
Thank you for FRITTON! :clap

Miracles never cease to amaze :loon the f/c too :nana Well done Verisimilitude too :clap

Re: Southwell 29/1/09 thornaby green 250 south. 1 pt win. a rubbish race but i think spencer can work his stuff in this race. we have the form to go close and the i think the trip will test his staina but with sitting in behind i think spencer can see it through with the horse. others have plenty of questions to answer and so we appear a bet.

Re: Southwell 29/1/09 3.20 Calculating - EW This horse has dropped down the weights a lot in the last year. Last March he was winning a class 2 handicap off 83 and here he is today running off 68. He had a poor summer on the turf and two bad runs on polytrack when he came back to the all weather. Then he had 2 decent runs when turning up at Southwell in December, a 2nd and a 3rd, followed by a couple of poorer runs at Kempton. Last time out at Kempton he caught the eye, running nicely, travelling well, made late headway without being hard ridden. Well handicapped, likes the track, could be running into form.......... Good EW shout !