Bbotd - 23/1/09

2.50 Lingfield Northern Desert is well handicapped on the pick of his form as he races off a mark of 75 which is 10 lbs lower than his highest ever win (15th Jan '08) and 5 lb higher than his win over this trip at Wolverhampton last month. He arrives in good form and was a fair third behind Mogok Ruby last time out to add to three other solid efforts on polytrack previously. Interestingly, Jamie Spencer was in the saddle for his last success and Kevin Ryan calls upon the former champ again tomorrow as they look to continue their strong run of form together. In the past two weeks their record reads; Millies Rock 1st Safebreaker 1st Distinctly Game 4th Splash the Cash 10th Wotashirtful 1st Mutamared 1st Tamagin 5th Shifting Gold 1st Harry Up 1st Spencer himself is riding as well as I have ever seen in the few years I have followed the sport and he has achieved an impressive strike rate of 25 % from his last 60 rides so is clearly in rude health. Northern Desert registered his last win in a lower grade but has been competitive off 74 and 75 in recent outings at this level at Wolverhampton and Kempton and with Spencer known to get a tune out of him he may be able to offer that little bit extra to lift him over the line in what looks a competitve little sprint handicap. Thoughtsofstardom has been in good form at the track but a hike in the weights makes life more difficult here, and Nickel Silver, despite an impressive win last time out, is also up against tougher opposition here now upped in grade. The latter also has work to do to reverse Wolverhampton form with Northern Desert when Ryan's horse had him well back when conceding 8 lbs. 13 lb better off tomorrow, Northern Desert is weighted to confirm his superiority over that rival, athough Nickel Silver has clearly improved since that initial clash with the fitting of blinkers and is likely to give him a good race as he bids for the four-timer. Chijmes isn't out of it at the weights but has a 60-day absence to overcome, Canadian Danehill remains well handicapped but only pops up every so often and Fromsong, who clipped his heels last time, would have probably made more appeal if Nickel Silver wasn't in the line up as a rival for the lead. Cosmic Silver has to prove himself in the grade and Bo McGinty would have held stronger claims with Fredi Tylicki on board (best efforts have come under claiming jockeys of late). Know No Fear is entitled to come on for a recent pipeopener at Great Leighs when behind Fromsong and there could be more to come from him, but with Spencer in top form and the possibility of first time cheekpieces bringing about a little bit of improvement, I think Northern Desert could be the each-way call at a price. 0.5 pt EW

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 Lingfield 1.10pm 1pt lay Trusted Venture Horse today going back to 7f after winning at 1m, last time win was a close run thing only just winning and wont be so simple today with a nice field of runners running for me. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 15-40 Doncster – Berings Express - E/W

Berings Express has 2 chase handicaps under his belt both off this mark off 121 and I fell that the improvement is coming and could well come in this race. Races in a much bigger field here and McCoy’s jockeyship really could prove useful here and I’m counting on him to do this business. The little cut in the ground shouldn’t cause any problems as he has races plenty on good to soft and has a decent record on it in the past. Jonjo has a had a few good finishes recently and Berings Express could add to them here today.

Rathmulenhas been very consistent since going over fences with 2 wins and a 2nd in four races, the other was a 3rd in a field of 4 but that was his seasonal debut so can be excused. Won lto and therefore runs off of a 7lbs penalty but I’m sure he will be hiked up more than 7lbs for the win so a good chance to get in before the handicapper. Infact just checking that he is actually due to go up 8lbs so we are 1lb in (!). Ground will be no problem to him and he steps back to 16 furlongs which may be a sign of trying something. I’m sure he will go close and I’m confident he can get a place at least with the 4 available. Currently 7/1 Available

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 230 Doncaster : Just Smudge Big field, handicap, short priced fav, not the best of ingredients I have to say but Just Smudge won so well on his comeback there must be another race of this class in his cupboard. We all know about the bounce back factor I think the paddock judges will be discussing that on ATR, however you cant get away from the ease that he took a similar class field apart last week and needs to run before being assessed by handicapper, one things for sure he wont get in 0-105 again after today.

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 Lingfield 12:40 Mutamared (USA) Going for the four-timer today. Won 4 of last 5 starts, 13111. Spencer booked like lto. No jockey had ridden Mutamared for two consecutive races since '07. Spencer comes into today having won 6 of his last 8 rides. Two wins from two for K A Ryan in that span. 1pts to win

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 Doncaster 2.30 General Hardi 0.5 e/w Very nice horse in form, who is very often in the places. Now he has some weight down from the main favorites and comparing to his previous races. last year he participate in three 3 m races and finished second and twice third. I think he has chances to get a place and why not the win. he is clear jumper, but in last race he hit the last fence and lost the race because of that.

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 3.25 Lingfield: Princess Cocoa Not a forlorn hope at a hefty price today. Won from 1lb lower than this at Wolverhampton at start of year over 9f and placed prior to that from this mark at same track. Certainly not without a chance in this company and if straight after a break then could sneak place money and would be no great shock to see it go in. Stable threw in a 66/1 shock winner yesterday and have been back amongst the winners in recent times so should be feared. E/W

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09

Lingfield 12:40 Mutamared (USA) Going for the four-timer today. Won 4 of last 5 starts, 13111. Spencer booked like lto. No jockey had ridden Mutamared for two consecutive races since '07. Spencer comes into today having won 6 of his last 8 rides. Two wins from two for K A Ryan in that span. 1pts to win
Rare win for me :cow

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 Donc 3.40 - Coach Lane - EW Generally progressive type with 3 wins during 2008. Had a couple of runs this season and should be ready to strike now. Seems to act at any course and on any going and tends to win handicaps when he's up near the top of the weights as he is today. Has won in double figure fields so shouldn't be phased by 16 runners ( well 15 once the obligatory one is taken out..........:unsure ) Sam Thomas up for Venetia Williams.

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09

3.25 Lingfield: Princess Cocoa Not a forlorn hope at a hefty price today. Won from 1lb lower than this at Wolverhampton at start of year over 9f and placed prior to that from this mark at same track. Certainly not without a chance in this company and if straight after a break then could sneak place money and would be no great shock to see it go in. Stable threw in a 66/1 shock winner yesterday and have been back amongst the winners in recent times so should be feared. E/W
red wording should have said "start of 2008" - oops :$

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 Fairyhouse 2.05 - A grade chase over 17f and one that catches the eye at a nice price is SOUTHERN VIC . This one time Grade 1 winner missed the whole of last season and so far this season has had 2 runs [ well beaten ] over hurdles and LTO unseated his jockey at the CANAL TURN in the Becher Chase. I'm assuming that the first 2 runs were aimed at getting some racecourse fitness back and the yard still has the opinion that a decent win could still be had if the conditions are right and i think they could be today . This one can't get the ground heavy enough for it and it has that today. Although more successful at longer distances it's last 2 wins were over 16+17 f. The most eyecatching stat is the booking of Ruby Walsh who has a record of - 1 , 5 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 5 , 2 , 5 , f , 6 who riding this one. If Ruby can dictate things from the front then it could take a bit of catching and the 14/1 on offer could be worth a small investment. 1pt win

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 ALDERLEY ROVER 1.55 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Fell the last twice, so that's a concern, but not mistakes that could put you off and after a decent debut run and with being open to any amount of improvement, I think he'll go well today. The trip and ground suits and so can find enough to go close at a decent price.

Re: Bbotd - 23/1/09 my best bet of the day would be pegasus dancer 215 ling. can get the race run to suit and stay on well to hit the money. the price is certainly there to take the chance and trip and surface are fine. open race and just as much chance as any, so the 14/1 looks big.