Benchmarking - Are YOU ready to crack cash tables?

GaF

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables?

Do you need Poker Tracker to participate?
No - anyone can participate, you just send me the hand history files (saved automatically on your hard drive) and I import them into my poker tracker database and work with them from there (you need to trust me - I could potentially take advantage of that information)
Also how valueable a tool is Poker Tracker?
I view it as absolutely essential (well either PT3 or HEM) to any cash player (except The Mole who is just a freak :tongue2), especially if you multitable - you can get a free 60 day trial - would suggest trying it and deciding for yourself :ok It's useful on two fronts: 1) A live tool giving you direct information on your opponents whilst at the table 2) An analytical tool to plug leaks in your game

It's useful on two fronts: 1) A live tool giving you direct information on your opponents whilst at the table 2) An analytical tool to plug leaks in your game
Am I right in thinking you can't use the HUD on Boss? I haven't got PT yet but will be getting the trial sometime this week but I've also read that getting the history from Boss can be tricky.

Am I right in thinking you can't use the HUD on Boss? I haven't got PT yet but will be getting the trial sometime this week but I've also read that getting the history from Boss can be tricky.
PT3 now supports HUD on boss:ok.If your using PT2 you can use gametime+.

HUD works fine for Boss Cash games, but not at all for tourneys. I dont know what issues there are with importing Boss hand histories :unsure Just runs automatically for me.
Something about the files being hidden (easily solvable) and then getting the directory right. I'm downloading PT now.

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables? As sods law would have it, I'm having trouble with the directory. Pokerkings has my directory as this C:\Documents and Settings\Liam1\Local Settings\Application Data\Boss Media\Pokerkings\history but this folder holds more than history in it and PT doesn't like it at all.

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables? I think PT3 autodetects the directories doesnt it? (Auto Detect button in "boss Media Configuration") It should ignore all the other files. If you then use the "Move processed files to ..." option, you can pick the files up from wherever you like ;)

I think PT3 autodetects the directories doesnt it? (Auto Detect button in "boss Media Configuration") It should ignore all the other files. If you then use the "Move processed files to ..." option, you can pick the files up from wherever you like ;)
I think I've downloaded the wrong version, only the beta versions support Boss. I'll have another crack tomorrow :ok

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables? Player12 signed up :ok No deadline for when you can sign up - if you can play the hands.... I'll give 5xweekly updates - so I'll only include stats of those with 1000 hands at the end of week 1, 2000 hands at the end of week 2 etc... Boss Media (also known as IPN - International Poker Network) is the network - on the network, there are a large number of sites. One of the sites on the network is Pokerkings - if you sign up to pokerkings through the PL link, then you get 30% rakeback (assuming you rake a minimum of €100 for €30 rakeback in the month - that is standard across the network). There is also 100% First Deposit bonus up to €300. You dont have to play through Pokerkings - you can play from any site on the network - however, in your own interests, make sure you get your rakeback and deposit bonus ;)

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables? Are those sites any good though? I mean i play on alot of the bigger sites e.g. full tilt, pokerstars, bluesquare +other ipoker sites, and also DTDpoker, which is small but good and english. The best one i think is full tilt; are the boss sites as good as full tilt?

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables? SOmething else just realised - I can only import a hand once into PokerTracker, so if two PLrs are playing the same table, then only one of them will have the hands counting..... Would be a good idea for one of you to switrch table therefore if two PL'rs are sat at the same table :ok My intention is to take hands just as they come - if hands fail to import, due to duplication or Hand History errors (not THAT uncommon on Boss) - I'm not planning on spending any time debugging or anything - the impact shouldnt (hopefully) be significant. Everyone going well on their first batch of hands? Remember hands to me before 9am Saturday Morning if you want them reported.....

Ok - February is a shorter month - so was thinking - anyone who wants to start this now, feel free to go ahead :ok The extra week will reduce the pressure a bit on getting 5k hands :ok
No deadline for when you can sign up - if you can play the hands.... I'll give 5xweekly updates - so I'll only include stats of those with 1000 hands at the end of week 1, 2000 hands at the end of week 2 etc...
I thought first Date was the 7th February :unsure
No disadvantage/problems if you dont utilise the extra week :ok It just means you wont be reported on in the first summary - but that's not too important, with so few hands I'm unlikely to dig very deeply into the data.....

Re: Are YOU ready to crack cash tables? Thank you Player02 :ok HH received and uploaded to PT :) A good idea to set up a new account for anonymity :ok Anyone wanting to hide their IP address too ;) can use something like anonymouse.

Just one reminder - please play on the €0.05/€0.10 5 seat (non turbo) tables - not the $0.05/$0.10 tables ;)
I've played a few turbo tables, will this be a problem? I'm not really choosing between turbo and non turbo at the minute. I'll try and keep to the non turbos from now on.