Brighton GPUKT (Omaha)

billy the punter

The £100 rebuy last night (Chips 3k). My first live tourn this year. 92 runners, 144 rebuys and 50-odd add ons. The total prize pool was just shy of £30,000. I had a nightmare early, got it all in with: Up and down straight + nut flush draw vs trips - lost Top pair and nut flush draw vs bottom two pair - lost Wrap in a 4-way pot - lost Trips vs flush draw - lost :puke So 4 rebuys and they was still another 30 mins of rebuys to go - I picked a couple of pots up however ended the rebuys levels with about 9k. Average was about 14k I think - I didn't add on as I didn't think it would make much difference to me and I'd already spent £500 and that was more than ideal. Knocked out a small stack straight after the break with AA86 (made quad 8s!). Then doubled to 18k - I semi-bluffed a straight draw and hit. Doubled up again not long after when me and another player flopped the nuts but I was freerolling to the flush, which hit. So I was sitting on about 40k (which was average) with about 30 left. Had unplayable hands/positions for about an hour and had dwindledto 34k - but we were now down to the last two tables. Blinds now 1500/3000. Didn't see a hand on the last two tables, facing raises when I had junk and given no chances to get busy. But I knew I couldn't wait forever. First hand after another break, we were down to 15 I was in the BB for 3k. Folded around to button (Jerome Braodpiece) and he made it 8k. I would've peeled off a flop with almost any hand here, no choice, after all it was the cheapest flop since we'd been down to two tables. I looked down to KcKd6cXh - I reraised to 26k leaving me with just 1500. He thought for a while and called and we put the remaining 3k in. I was up against AsTs9x7x after flop QsJcXd (up and down for him) after turn QsJcXdQc (flush draw for me - no longer up and down for him has I make house with the K) Only a non-club Ace or a non-club 8 beats me. He had 5 outs. River......8h :@ It was a 60k+ pot and it would've put me comfortably in the top 4 with 14 left. 15th only though. :puke