Taunton - 15/1/09

2.50 Big Earned Fran 15 pts Decent little race this with Busker Royal bringing handicap form to the mix and a couple of others who are notworthy, not least a bunch of Pipe horses. Btw Im backing Pipe's again now after his poor spell before christams, due to a couple of winners of late even if NLY was very below par yesterday. BEF showed so much promise in a bumper last year when winning well and earning good quotes for the festival bumper afterwards. He ended up going off just 10/1 for that fest. bumper and whilst he didnt run all that well for his now new trainer (Pipe), he established himself as a horse of promise. Then on his hurdle bow I thought he was in a process of running a big race before falling in such a hot race at chelt. which I have mentioned here loads of times before. I dont know what would have happened had he stayed up that day lto but he looked likely to contend at least and the mere fact he was doing so suggests obvious ability as did his bumper level. On paper one may think that he isnt Pipe's first choice today with Scu. elsewhere but I believe that is due to the owner of BEF not wanting Scu. on his horses for some reason to do with Osana (Dont have a clue why though?) As it happens it means a valauble three pounds can be claimed and that means the two penalised horses have to give a fair few pounds to BEF who if fit enough after a little break, is dangerous today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.