Ethical quandary in cooler

slapdash

I was just playing a cooler that was over (down to last five) pretty quickly, with one huge stack who then just sat out without playing it out. I've never seen him before, so he may have been new and assumed it would just end at this point. Anyway, the blinds were still relatively low (just gone up to 100/200, I think) and I didn't really want to end up playing loads of hands heads-up against a sit-out. Down to the last three, the chip stacks were something like: Me (button): 2,000 SB: 4,000. Sit-out (BB): 9,000 I didn't do this, but I thought about trying a raise to 1,999, with the intention of folding to a reraise. Would that have been very, very wrong of me? :tongue2

Re: Ethical quandary in cooler lol - I've done that many a time when I dont want to play it out, so I hope it's not unethical :lol :lol :lol :lol If I've ended up Heads Up and cannot be bothered to deal with a sit out, I just sit out too - it's surprising how quickly it does end itself.... (I had images of it running for days :tongue2)

Re: Ethical quandary in cooler Much more of an "ethical quandry" is when your chip leader on the bubble in a 10 cent sit and go at blue square. The other 2 want to win, you want to bubble, but who do you give your chips to? Usually go for the blonde haired lassie.(and no she aint a bit of a dog)