Small stakes SNG Heads-up

Hooloovoo

...is what i've been doing lately. :) Playing "Super turbo" HU sng's at Titan Poker, the blinds increase every minute(!) Upside of this is that a typical sng takes like 5 minutes to complete. Downside is that variance can be huge. :( So far i've done 300 $5+$0.25 sng's, with an ITM% of ~60%. Breakeven is 52.5% due to the BI fee, so 60% gives a nice ROI of 12% (i'm at the office right now, and the excel doc is @ home so this number could be slightly wrong). Would like some input regarding the following: * How many of these SNG's are required to say with "some" confidence that the ROI/ITM is a number that can be trusted? 1000? My 1st 100 had ITM 57%, 2nd had 59%, 3rd had 60%, so no huge difference there. * How big a downswing is within reason? My biggest downswing during these 300 sng's was 10 buy-ins. * Does anyone know of any (good) books that deals with NLH HU SNG? I have looked around at the 2+2 forum without any success. I made the decision to take a shot at $10+$0.50 sng's and have now completed 50 of these, with an ITM of 58% (i'm happy with that). I have not seen any notable difference in the opponents level of play.

Re: Small stakes SNG Heads-up

* How many of these SNG's are required to say with "some" confidence that the ROI/ITM is a number that can be trusted? 1000? My 1st 100 had ITM 57%, 2nd had 59%, 3rd had 60%, so no huge difference there.
Over 100 games, your ITM rate will typically vary through chance by about 5%. Over 300 games by a little under 3%. Over 1000 games by a little over 1.5%. You can be reasonably confident (about 95% confident) that your ITM rate is correct to less than twice these figures: so with an ITM of 59% over 300 games, your "true" ITM rate is very likely to be between 53% and 65%. That's assuming the standard of you and your opponents doesn't change in future, of course.
* How big a downswing is within reason? My biggest downswing during these 300 sng's was 10 buy-ins.
Hard to say, as it depends how consistent your standard of play is (a 59% ITM player who is absolutely consistent will tend to have smaller downswings than one who goes through spells of playing much worse and much better). But that looks reasonable, though I haven't done the maths.
* Does anyone know of any (good) books that deals with NLH HU SNG? I have looked around at the 2+2 forum without any success.
I've read Moshman's book, and it seemed fairly good (though I haven't played any HU since I read it, so I can't say whether it's improved my game!) I didn't think it was as good as his SnG book, though.

• 3 weeks later...