Wolverhampton 5/1/09 ~ OFF

Re: Wolverhampton 5/1/09 2.10 Wolverhampton Leading Edge tops the weights and stands a good chance of following up her last time out win at Great Leighs off just a 6 lb higher mark under a penalty, with jockey Geran taking off 5 lbs off that. Her third to Milne Bay at Great Leighs on her run prior to that reads as a decent bit of form as the winner was an impressive winner at Wolv NTO and Asian Power, back in 4th, came ever so close to landing a gamble when last seen too. Littledodayno looks another lively contender. She won at Kempton at the end of November and is only 4 lbs higher here. Trainer Wigham is in form after River Kirov's recent victories, and she ran respectably last time out at Kempton when 4th of 12, in a tight finish just behind Asian Power. She had Namu dead heating with her for 4th, that rival boosted the form by winning NTO and reopposes here, but the last named runs under a penalty today so is 6 lbs worse off with Littledodayno. Triple Axel is another interesting one for Jeremey Noseda. She won a Southwell maiden comfortably last time having come over from C O'Brien's yard in Ireland, but the form was let down by the 3rd the other day and a 10 lb hike in the weights looks rather harsh to me for this 2/1 tissue fav, so I'm hedging Littledodayno and Leading Edge. Littledodayno 9/2 Blue Sq, 5 pts win Leading Edge 5/1 Blue Sq 5 pts win 3.40 Wolverhampton I hope racing goes ahead today simply for this race because I think Rebel City has a strong chance in this maiden. I put Dimander up on here the other day off the back of a decent effort in a Lingfield maiden, the form of which had been recently boosted by the Sky High Kid (6th at Ling) who had won NTO. Well Dimander gave that form a second boost by winning that race and with trip and ground proven to suit Rebel City I think he is the bet of the day. 9/4 Bet 365, 10 pts win 4.10 Wolverhampton Milne Bay was unpenalised for a win in an apprentices race at Great Leighs and took full advantage to win impressively at Wolverhampton when last seen. He looks progressive and a 6 lb rise may not be enough to deny David Simcock's horse the hat-trick. The slight concern to me though is the jockey, who I've never heard of, and who hasn't won for ages, if at all. One jockey with a lot less to prove is Amy Baker, who rides Upstairs again here after their win over this trip at Lingfield last time out. He won well by two lengths that day so a 6 lb rise seems fair and Baker is in good form with 4/14 winners in the past fortnight. Milne Bay 6/5 SJ, 7 pts win Upstairs 10/3 Blue Sq, 3 pts win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.