Mike Matasow admits cheating?

GaF

Just watched an episode of Poker after Dark (dont think I've ever watched an entire episode before :loon) - I think it's a new one - quite shocked to hear Mike Matasow talking about his online play at Full Tilt and telling a story about how he was chatting on MSN to someone whilst playing against them and telling them that their QQ was no good against his hand because (I cannot remember the exact terminology he used) but he wanted them to get out of the hand, but instead they raised him - I dont think MM had any appreciation for what he was saying, but a FT program, I'm amazed they didnt edit it out :loon

Re: Mike Matasow admits cheating? Just read the 2plus2 thread on this episode and they dont even mention it :unsure So I'm going to try and figure out a transcript - Matusow seems to be triggered in the train of thought when Andy Black says:

Check to my friends
Nothing wrong with that - just general chat, but Matusow a few seconds later launches into this story:
So I'm playing Internet Poker, last night, this is on my upswing before the workout and my complete catastrophy and I meet this one guy I talk to all the time in instant messenger and stuff and we happen to get involved in a pot. So he raises up front, he makes it like 175 and I make ....... fold fold fold he calls
It then goes to an ad break, but seems to pick up where it left off....
I am, I said, dude, two queens are no good .... "dude, how do you know I have two queens, that's what I have", I said, because I'm playing well and I know that you have two queens, so I'm telling you right now, and I was trying to be nice to him because there was already like 3000 in the pot, well it's not that I'm trying to be nice to him. I mean.. I mean.. I just.. because we talk a lot, I'm telling him two queens are no good. So what does he go and do? He calls 4100 with his two queens and I start laughing and typing in IM, I'm like, I'm like, you really are a sick dude, I said, I told you they're no good. He goes, yeah but I thought you had the same hand and that's why you were doing that
It goes on a bit more, but nothing else of real significance.... Am I reading too much into what he said? :unsure

Re: Mike Matasow admits cheating? But is the fact that he's on MSN chat with someone he's at the table with and talking about active hands, in itself, not significant? Even if there's noone else involved in this specific hand, the fact he's on MSN with someone hes playing against (and someone he sounds to be soft playing) :unsure

Re: Mike Matasow admits cheating?

But is the fact that he's on MSN chat with someone he's at the table with and talking about active hands' date=' in itself, not significant? Even if there's noone else involved in this specific hand, the fact he's on MSN with someone hes playing against (and someone he sounds to be soft playing) :unsure[/quote'] He doesn't actually say that they talked about active hands on MSN (though they may have): it's consistent with what he said that he made the "live" comments in chat and it was only after the hand that he talked about it on MSN. I don't like the idea of my opponents being on MSN chat together while they're playing, but if they don't use it to disadvantage their opponents, is that cheating? Or just having the opportunity to cheat (which we all do)?