** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Limerick 29/12/08

puntyboy

Im off to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Limerick tomorrow with the lads so going to give the card a crack. A poor card but a great day expected! At the time of writing I have no prices available so don’t know whether I will be backing them win or E/W.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

12.40 2m Maiden Hurdle

Tinakelly Lad

Not a whole lot to go on in this race but this one ran a good race here behind Beau Michael two starts ago. That form looks very solid. On his last run he again showed his liking for soft ground when 3rd in a gowran park maiden hurdle to prove it was no fluke. I expect him to be pretty short tomorrow and there are a lot of unknowns in this field but he’ll do for me in the first.

Re: Limerick 29/12/08 1.10 2m 3f Maiden Hurdle<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sorrentina

A second maiden hurdle. Sorrentina has shown her liking for this track with a couple of placed efforts out of 3 attempts. Her run just came to an end before the finish LTO at thurles over 2m 4f. The ground might not be as testing tomorrow and I expect this one to at least grab a place. Dangers for me include Sallies secret and Ellie Watson now that JP Magnier has got the boot!

Re: Limerick 29/12/08 1.40 2m 6f Handicap Hurdle<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bluesea Cracker

Will probably be staying on at the death and rated higher than this mark over fences. Showed himself to be in good form with recent second at punchestown going down narrowly by ¾ L and was also hampered. Has a 2nd to his name at this course so I quietly fancy

Klassy – 7 Course runs 2 wins. This could be too far for him lumping top weight and was well beaten at Leopardstown off this mark on Stephens Day.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Bellflower Boy – Will like CD but I think may be too high in the weights. Won by a neck off 103 and runs off 112 today. Not sure if improvement left in him.

Indifference Curve – Long layoff to overcome and been getting beaten off these sort of marks. Cant be confident.

Tusa an fear – Not getting close of this sort of mark recently. Also unsure if the step up in trip will bring about improvement. Reservations.

Garryowen Star – Has a Course win to his name over a furlong shorter. However was disappointing LTO off similar mark.

Night Bridge – This horse ran in a triumph hurdle but shown nothing of late. If there was a late splurge of money would be of interest.

Janeylad – Fell and pulled up on last 2 starts and can’t be confidently backed. However should he stay on his feet he was a close 2nd of a similar distance of a 1lb higher. Could have a chance.

Guts for Garters – Improving recently and Michael Hourigan very dangerous around here. Handicapper might just have his measure but wouldn’t write off.

Dorset Square
– Distance probably too much for him as has won over 2m 2f on the good ground. 2m 6f on soft will probably strech stamina.

Final Question – Ran a good race here on Friday and could go in today but that race may have taken a lot out of him.

Got the urge – Model of consistency and been progressing nicely but could be his own worst enemy as handicapper refuses to ease up. May need to drop a few pounds

Re: Limerick 29/12/08 2.10 2m 2f handicap Hurdle<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Two I like here. The Icecream fellow and Smack That. Unsure quite which one il back at the current time (could end up backing both!) but I expect TIF to be a more attractive price. Smack that will probably go off favourite and deservedly so after his last run. Plenty of dead wood in the field.

The Icecream fellow – only had 2 attempts at this distance and has won twice. Very interesting runner, dropping back from 3 miles where he came 3rd off a pound higher on his penultimate start.

Smack that – Apparently won impressively LTO at gowran over 2m and is allowed to run of the same mark today. Shortlisted.

Reminiscer – Has the ability to run well off this mark but well beaten by smack that LTO.

Moving On – chance at the weights but never been placed beyond 2m