Lingfield Sat 20/12/08

fintron

2.05 Lingfield This listed race over a mile and a quarter is the highlight of the day for me. Seven face the starter and it looks far from clear cut. Suits Me has gone from strength to strength in recent months for Tom Tate, and lumped another monster weight around Great Leighs last time out when winning a handicap off 103. The handicapper has raised his rating to 108 now, so handicaps may be out of the question for now. He arrives looking for the five timer, gets on ever so well with Micky Fenton, and fully deserves a crack at this decent pot. He must, however, prove himself at this level on what is his listed debut. What he has achieved this year has been very impressive; he began 2008 running off a mark of 84 and whilst his improvement isn't of the same magnitude of fellow AW performer Atlantic Story it is impressive nonetheless. Will try and dictate the pace. Dansant is top rated at 114 and is perhaps the classiest horse in the race. He's a four time listed race winner with the most recent coming at the end of last month over a mile and a half at Kempton. He won't mind the drop back in trip and is infact a course and distance winner. Eddie Ahern is likely to sit off the pace and attempt to deliver him late, and he is the only runner in the field that has repeatedly proven he is up to winning at this level. Bon Spiel will be ridden by Jamie Spencer but Luca Cumani's horse looks to have quite a bit to find with these on official BHA figures, especially with Suits Me. The latter finished half a length infront of Bon Spiel last time out at Great Leighs, but is over a stone better off on these terms. Grand Passion is a course and distance winner and makes his first start for Chris Wall since leaving Geoff Wragg. He has previously won listed races, the latest of which came here last November, but his efforts this season temper enthusiasm and he looks one of the least likely winners. Re Barolo is a horse I've followed quite a bit this season after backing him in a York handicap back in June. He has been stepped up in class since that day but has failed to win subsequently. He undoubtedly acts on polytrack and hails from a decent AW yard, and his recent efforts have been entirely respectable. He chased home Sir Michael Stoute's rejuvenated Spanish Moon over a mile and a half and had Schintillo behind, before finding himself short of room and checked last time out. I think he possibly does have the talent to win a race at this level, but he's third on my list tomorrow. Scintillo hails from Richard Hannon's yard and looks to be running off a handy weight bearing in mind he has the joint-second highest rating here. He is yet to win outside of maiden company and isn't proven over the trip as he has tended to race over further, but he has bits and pieces of form to suggest he is worth his entry here. It appears he may struggle to get closer to Re Barolo on these terms though, based upon the fact he was getting 6 lbs from the Botti horse at Kempton recently and receives only half of that tomorrow. Harvest Queen has been running in some decent group races this year and although found that level of competition beyond herself, has been running with credit dropped back down to listed level. A 1.75 length 3rd to Yahrab over course and distance last time out (had Re Barolo back in 4th by a neck) and a short head second to Baharah over a mile here look decent bits of form in the context of this race. Looks like another plodder here though and I'm not sure sure she, like the rest, will be able to keep tabs on the early leader. Verdict Looking through the line up there is the distinct possibility that Suits Me will be able to dictate the pace of this race throughout with the majority of the field looking happier to come from behind. None of Dansant, Bon Spiel, Grand Passion, Re Barolo, Scintillo or Harvest Queen look obvious challengers for his lead, so I'm hoping Tom Tate's only runner on the card can make it a worthwhile trip for his trainer and extend his magnificent winning sequence. 7/2 Bet 365 (bog).

Re: Lingfield Sat 20/12/08 2:05 - Re Barolo A decent all-weather horse, Was 4th in a good race here over course and distance last time out, Won an alright handicap at York back in June. I think Dansant is worth taking on here and Re Barolo has good all-weather form and could nick this. @ 4/1 Ladbrokes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.