Bbotd 15/12/08

thomo14

Re: Bbotd 15/12/08 2.15 Wolverhampton I saw Plush win here on Friday night and he was given a really good ride from 7 lb claimer Ross Atkinson. The jockey seems to have struck up a fine understanding with this animal and they certainly click. For some reason Atkinson doesn't ride today, and Charles Eddery takes over, so for that reason I'm not backing him. Plush isn't the most straightforward as he often breaks badly and because he is held up I think he needs his favoured partner to be put to best effect. However, he is in with a chance based on weight alone, running under a penalty. Hucking Heat is another running under a penalty and won over course and distance last time out in an amateurs handicap. He's effectively running off 73 here though so it is going to take a career best to take this as he's never won off anything above 67. He clearly has a chance and relishes this course and distance but at 4/6 for this handicap? No thanks. Not when others look lively at the weights. The one that caught me eye is Prince Golan, who was 12/1 RPF. That looks massive for the son of 2000 Guineas and King George winner Golan as he should get this trip based up the stamina influence of the sire. This is an animal that was highly thought of when with Kevin Ryan, entering the Coventry Stakes, Racing Post Trophy and the Dante in his younger years. He has since moved on to a new yard and won an apprentices race off 60 in September for today's pilot Alex Edwards. He ran for Edwards last time out too, and they were only narrowly beaten by half a length over course and distance by a well-weighted Bailieborough. Than run confirmed he acts over course and distance and at the expected price he looks a fantastic bet. 1 pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.