Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series

A two match test series between the Kiwis and the Windies begins at 11pm on Wednesday night. I'm not a huge fan of 2 tests series from an outright betting point of view but I'll definitely be betting on the test matches. Series Odds:

SortAvBOn.gif SortFavOff.gif
v15.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6139.gifv1.gifv6169.gifv6133.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
chart_off.gifNew Zealand2.22.372.47Betfred">2.22.252.5Boylesports">2.252.252.25Paddy Power">2.252.252.372.372.25William Hill">2.372.54Betfair">2.28
chart_off.gifDraw2.872.872.92Betfred">2.752.872.87Boylesports">2.82.882.87Paddy Power">2.92.752.872.873William Hill">2.873Betfair">2.92
chart_off.gifWest Indies365">3.433.35Betfred">3.532.87Boylesports">3.53.43Paddy Power">3.23.25333William Hill">33.5Betfair">3.15
Best price percentage: 101.3%, bookies only: 102.0%
Schedule: December 2008
Thu 11 - Mon 15 12:00 local, 23:00 GMT 1st Test - New Zealand v West Indies University Oval, Dunedin
Fri 19 - Tue 23 12:00 local, 23:00 GMT 2nd Test - New Zealand v West Indies McLean Park, Napier
I'll have a scout around for series bets and will come back with those and 1st test bets over the next two days.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series Just two for me. Starts soon no huge writeup's. Nothing outright. 10pts D.Vettori's Performance Pts - Under 104 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Daniel Vettori is quality but I feel with the rain that's been around that any significant contribution in this match will have to come with the bat. As much as I like Vettori I don't think he goes well on tacky wickets with the bat. The boundaries here are shorter than short so it's not impossible for him to get hit out of the attack. Rain is forecast during this game too which will dampen his bowling efforts and this line looks a bit too high. 10pts R.Sarwan -1.5 runs to beat D.Flynn (1st Inns Only) 5/6 Ladbrokes Ramnaresh Sarwan hit an impressive 158 not out in the warm up match which bodes well for this game. Daniel Flynn has been moved up to 3 for this match by new coach Andy Moles but he might take some time to acclimatise and with a new opener playing he could be in very early too. Sarwan's one of the best around when he's playing well and I think he'll cover this 1st inns handicap.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series i just read this and made me smile 1.40pm More bad news. The covers are back in place as we have had more rain, the early sunshine has given way to low leaden clouds and it's an altogether depressing scene. No news regarding the inspection but if they go out anytime soon they should take flippers and an umbrella. the draw if you can get it is about 5/4 this is forecast for monday too remember

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series hope so, but im going to go in and cover it once the first west indies wicket goes down, the only thing that can ruin this bet now is a collapse from the windies so ill just bet on under in the next wicket to fall market :ok

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series Awful 1st test for me but hoping I can get some of that back in the Napier test which begins later. 10pts West Indies 1st Inns Lead 6/5 Bet365 Napier is very much a batsman's wicket and apparently this pitch is unlikely to turn a great deal. That will help the Windies batsmen here because they didn't play Vettori too well in Dunedin although despite a lack of turn on the wicket, Vettori's guile could still cause problems. Pacier and bouncier wickets will always help the Windies' bowling attack and against a weak batting lineup I would expect the likes of Powell, Edwards and Taylor to prosper. This New Zealand batting lineup is weak to say the least. It doesn't make big scores very often and is prone to being shot out. West Indies have a much stronger batting lineup with 3 world class players in it as well as a couple of other decent players in the likes of Xavier Marshall. With Jerome Taylor going well down the order I'll go with the Windies to lead after the 1st innings. 10pts S.Chanderpaul Match Runs 79&Over 5/6 Bet365 Shivnerine Chanderpaul made 76 in his only innings in Dunedin so he looks in decent form coming into this match where I expect him to go really well. He's always impossible to bowl to and even harder to get out and with the short boundaries in operation here I fully expect Chanderpaul to have a lucrative match with the bat and fancy him to score at least 79 in the whole match. 10pts J.Taylor's Performance Pts 90&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jerome Taylor is in excellent form at the minute. He's bowling really well and looks almost certain to take wickets against this weak NZ top order and with the bat he comes here off the back of a maiden test match century last week. That was no fluke as he's very capable with the bat and you wouldn't be surprised for him to contribute nicely with the bat against in this test. Throw in his bowling ability and the chances that he'll take at least 4 wickets and the over here looks like a good bet. 1pt ew K.Mills Top NZ Batsman (1st Inns Only) 33/1 Coral (1/5 123) Kyle Mills is a more than adequate batsman and if NZ get themselves into trouble in this match then he's more than capable of scoring a few down the order. He usually doesn't die wondering as a batsman which is fine here as the boundaries are so short that any runs he does score will be scored at a decent lick. There's every chance he won't have too much to get to sneak into a place so I'll have a small bet on Mills ew.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series the bookies are going against taylor again he went out to 200/1 in running in the last test, and i couldnt work out why he was that price when he was batting at the position and a bit of an unknown quantity, hes drifting again cos gayle is playing his normal game think its worth doing a small bet on gayle to be top run scorer then hopefully he will get a good knock and then maybe play a bit on taylor cos his price is not right again your bound to get at least 100/1 and we all saw in the last test thats wrong.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series taylor stilll value stan james have frozen the market and i cant go in again if chanderpaul doesnt score heavy this is looking a real value bet west indies are 63/3 with gayle top scorer so far with 34 the commentators are saying the pitch isnt that bad just west indies aint very good

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series if taylor is going to be top runscorer then he is 16/1 still the run rate is about 2 per over with chanderpaul struggling against patel and vettori back bowling i still think i will get a good run for my money well i am i havent gone in too heavy cos stan james will only restrict me but im going to keep going in and if nash falls soon then theres only 1 more batsmen then taylor is in if he can build up a partnership with chanderpaul like he did the previous test . chanderpaul is scoring at the same rate as the previous test the pitch is playing ok just the bowlers are keeping it real tight but taylor has no fear he scored 106 runs off 107 balls why cant he repeat this same scenario he is just facing 50 per cent of the runs he had to get in the 1st test at the moment stan j just gone out to 20/1

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series Looking more unlikely now mate but at least while he's there he'll probably be catching Chanderpaul 4 to 1 on run rate. Back to back tons for a number 8 is a tough ask though. Hopefully from a personal point of view though Taylor can hang around and get a few, not just to help his performance but if WI can post 350 that'll be a runner to lead after the 1st inns. With NZ batting 2nd, if this pitch can start to open up a wee bit then Kyle Mills could be a real runner down the order if only for a place.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series

Chanderpaul' date=' this man is just a rock. Yet another ton! World class performer. Nice pick with him Kev, he's aready pissed that line. The way he's looking, I'd fancy him for over 179.5 for the match haha![/quote'] Aye me too :lol. It's nice backing a line on him because if he's there for 20 minutes you can go and collect cos he just don't get out. They only got him out in the 1st test when he was slogging with the tail.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series I think New Zealand can come through and win this test now. 10pts New Zealand to win 2nd Test 13/10 Totesport West Indies go into the final day of this interesting test match with a 214 run lead. They are 7 wickets down though so they need their captain to marshall the tail. In the 1st innings the Windies tail decided to come out hooking and they got out fairly quickly. I don't expect them to do that here but I would imagine Vettori, Patel and O'Brien will bowl enough good balls to get them out eventually. With the likes of Taylor, Ryder, McCullum and even Mills and Franklin in their side you can see the Kiwis scoring 4 an over to win this match, especially on a wicket that still looks really good. You'd imagine the Windies will struggle to make another 86 to lead by 300 so the Kiwis chase will be manageable and in a week of big 4th innings chases winning test matches I'll take the Black Caps to pull off another and win this match.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs West Indies Test Series NZ let WI get 50 too many which was annoying and meant a loss on the test match of 5.33pts so after the bad 1st test not a good series for me finishing -25.33pts. Hopefully the one day series will yield more fortune.