** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Davids Draws

davidc

I have been running a thread http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f21/lay-unquoted-74585/ (which has almost run its course) but I noticed that the selection process has produced what appears to be a significant number of draws with 69 draws from 177 selections. This should be enough to produce a profit if the trend continues and although I haven't back tested as far as odds are concerned I believe that if you give each game conservative odds of 3.0 then the profit would be around 30 points to a 1 point stake. The rules are similar to the Lay Unquoted thread mentioned above: Only select teams where the average odds are over 2.3 @ Betexplorer. Only select games in leagues where the under 2.5 goal average is 50% or better. Only select games in leagues where the average number of goals per match is under 2.5. Current qualifying leagues are: France Ligue 1 France Ligue 2 Greece Super Liga Italy Serie B Portugal Super League Spain Segunda Selections to follow. Comments and questions welcome!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Davids Draws Should have been 3 bets for today but I didn't realise that the 2 Spanish games were early kick offs and as I had not placed these bets they will not count towards the results.

Date Teams Stake Odds
07/12/08 Grenoble v Auxerre £10.00 3.10
07/12/08 Sevilla Atl. v Castellon No Bet -
07/12/08 Murcia v Tenerife No Bet -

Re: Davids Draws The figures in the last post would have been better if I had realised that the Spanish selections were both early kick offs as one ended up a draw. 3 selections for Monday:

Date Teams Stake Odds
08/12/08 Amiens v Strasbourg £10.00 2.96
08/12/08 Rimini v Vicenza £10.00 2.89
08/12/08 Guimaraes v Leixoes £10.00 3.20

Re: Davids Draws Hi david, i use a draw system also(which i will post on this forum in january). I select exactly the same leagues as you do, except the portuguese super liga which currently has a draw % of only 26%. But there a some leagues with a higher draw %(i personally select all leagues with a minimum of 30% draws and a maximum of 2.5 goals scored on average in a match). Maybe you can think of adding the following leagues: France National 35% draws Israel Premier 33% Italy C1A 38% Italy C1B 32% Portugal 2nd division 32% Odds for draws in this league are very low in general(sometimes as low as 2.70), with the exception of the Israel league where you can find decent odds. Good luck with your system!

Re: Davids Draws Hi subzero - thanks for the input. The system evolved from my Lay Unquoted thread and the rules don't currently require qualifying leagues to have a certain % draws but I may review the rules at some stage to include this requirement. Good luck with your system - I will follow with interest when you start to post.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Davids Draws Last nights result:

Date Teams Stake Odds Result Won/Lost P/L
02/01/09 Academica v Leixoes £10.00 3.10 0-0 W £21.00
Todays selections:
Date Teams Stake Odds
03/01/09 Rio Ave v Guimaraes £10.00 3.15
03/01/09 Eibar v Xerez £10.00 3.15
03/01/09 Albacete v Zaragoza £10.00 3.15
03/01/09 Alicante v Murcia £10.00 3.28