Samba's €0 to..... Challenge

Samba_SamPa

Withdrawn all* my money from my on-line poker accounts, and starting again... from scratch. I want to improve my pokering ability, and am going to read some poker books - got the first Harrington waiting to be read, and fancy The Maths Of Poker one also (I'm, how you say, 'mathematical' :lol so only slightly daunted by it :unsure). I am only going to play freerolls at first to build a bankroll up, and as part of my improvement I am utilising one of the fundamental basics of a poker player's armoury - bankroll management - something I lack currently. I am also going to attempt to beat cash games as I progress - something else I lack. I will never buy into a cash game or STT for more than 5% of my bankroll at that time. I will never buy into a MTT for more than 2% of my bankroll I will religiously keep a record in here charting my (if any) progress. Any monies in freerolls elsewhere to PokerKings will be transferred into PokerKings at my earliest chance, so I can keep an accurate record in € Edit:- I have basically stole Chris Ferguson's bankroll management plan for this, he had the following rule: "the only exception was $1 MTTs" - which meant he played $1 MTTs before he had the $50 he should have following the 2% rule strictly. I really thought I had included this in my rules, and played a €1 one tonight :$ - and done well. As it's my challenge I'm including it in my bankroll :lol as playing a €1 isn't exactly being negligent with a bankroll. So there :ok *My 32Red account is not being emptied until my equity staking plan with GaF? has finished

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Samba's €0 to..... Challenge Forgot to say I would be using my mountain of FPPs on PokerKings to play the FPP freerolls where I can. My first tournament is tonight's 'League Champions' freeroll' on PokerKings at 8pm I would have played the Omaha FPP freeroll at 7.15, but am at the in-laws at present and should grace them with my presence really :loon

Re: Samba's €0 to..... Challenge Best of luck mate, but I just dont get it. Unless the credit crunch has hit you real bad I dont see the point to this type of challenge. You will learn next to nothing in freerolls and micro stakes cash games to improve your game

Re: Samba's €0 to..... Challenge I want to get into good habits, especially re bankroll management. I badly need more discipline in that respect. If I can get into good habits starting over, then they'll be the basis of my discipline as my roll increases. Or so my theory goes. That is the main reason. The money I have withdrawn WILL come in handy for xmas as the boss is on maternity leave, so the money coming in is lower than it was prior. It's a tough challenge, which also appeals - plus my mate has just done something similar, but on FT, and is in 4 figures after 3 months, so I want to beat him :) I realise I am not going to learn much poker-wise in the freerolls, but that will come as I move up the stakes, having hopefully engrained a sensible bankroll management side into myself. Anyway, enough babbling :$ Hopefully be in a FPP game on PokerKings tomorrow night and put some cash in the kitty

Re: Samba's €0 to..... Challenge

Next game is tonight's 20FPP freeroll on PokerKings. It is Omaha Hi/Lo, and has just 12 runners atm so I was :eek money to be made :D:D:D... ...then I looked at the entrants and saw all the PLers :lol Good luck all :ok
Where did you find this? :unsure

Re: Samba's €0 to..... Challenge

Right' date=' playing tonight's 32Red '32 Days Of Poker' event. Is $1 buy-in, but you get it back if you don't cash, so is essentially a freeroll in that I can't lose any money :)[/quote'] 67th One site freeze that cost me over 500 chips, then made a move with medium suited connectors and ran into KK Roll on tomorrow... (Not sure if I have a Blue Sq account, will have to looksie :ok)

Re: Samba's €0 to..... Challenge That was swift :loon 1000 starting chips and 5 min blinds, so a quickie. Idiot opposite me was going all in every hand, so I got TT on the button and called... the time he had KK :lol ... and the time the BB had AA :loon :rollin