David Benyamine

GaF

Just been listening to the 2plus2 pokercast - seems there's a lot of interest on 2plus2 about the insidepoker article in the October issue on David Benyamine (full article online here - http://www.insidepokermag.co.uk/poker/players/7599/living_the_high_life.html) Confess I didn't read it that closely when I first got it..... Amazed though that he's admitted "I might have a million dollars in my account but it’s in six pieces. I own a sixth and five other friends own a sixth too. I have lost $500k pots, but because I only own a sixth of it I only really lost $80k." Apparently the players that own a share in him are some of the other players he's up against in the high stakes games :unsure (and we're woried about the morality of our equity exchange deals in £2.50 buy in MTTs :tongue2)

Re: David Benyamine Didn’t the old Texas road gamblers have shared equity in each other by playing out of a common pot? Therefore, I'm not sure where any actual boundaries of morality may lie in poker, if indeed they lie anywhere at all.

People like Benyamine are constantly promoted because of the levels that they are supposedly playing at. Yet Benyamines statement suggests that if it were purely his own money that he was risking, he would not be playing at his regular level on FT. Therefore, it is merely an illusion, that he can comfortably play at the level he regularly appears at.

In the last series of High Stakes Poker, Guy la Liberte’s statement to Benyamine, “ I know that is a lot of money for you,†just reveals the illusion, (that has been deliberately built up, around these individuals), even more.

Re: David Benyamine

In the last series of High Stakes Poker, Guy la Liberte’s statement to Benyamine, “ I know that is a lot of money for you,” just reveals the illusion, (that has been deliberately built up, around these individuals), even more.
This explains it more for me - about 24 secs into the video, just listen to what Doyle says. Doyle's Words of Widom Damo

Re: David Benyamine I was amazed by that hand between laliberte and benyamine - benyamine did look gutted (from someone who doesnt care about the size of a pot? :unsure) - but what's the point of playing poker when the billionaire basically gives the money back when he wins :unsure - Even I couldnt lose with terms like that :tongue2

Re: David Benyamine

I was amazed by that hand between laliberte and benyamine - benyamine did look gutted (from someone who doesnt care about the size of a pot? :unsure) - but what's the point of playing poker when the billionaire basically gives the money back when he wins :unsure - Even I couldnt lose with terms like that :tongue2
Laliberte doesn't care abouth winning or losing money (if he did, he is quite intellgent enough to stop playing poker). It is just his hobby, he has enough money that he can afford to lose lots, and he clearly loves the fact that he can sit down with the "best" players in the world, not something he could do in any other sport.