Fairyhouse 30/11/08

Spooner

Re: Fairyhouse 30/11/08 13:05 - Cousin Vinny Ante-post favourite for the Supreme Novices Hurdles, Won all three bumper races he has raced in, One of those wins came at Cheltenham wher ehe won the Champion bumper, A few horses have come out of that race and gone onto win over hurdles, Cockney Trucker being one today. Obviously this will be his first run over hurdles but there is very high hopes for him and he is worth a bet tomorrow. @ 5/2 Ladbrokes

Re: Fairyhouse 30/11/08 13:35 - Trafford Lad Looks to be between the first four in the market this race, Tranquil Sea, Forpadydeplasterer, Northern Alliance & my selection Trafford Lad. Been out twice already this season chasing and has two wins under his belt, Gets the 2m 4f trip well and has a Jockey up on board who seems to get on well with him, 3 wins already on him. Beat Forpadydeplasterer in the Ballymore Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham in March, I guess he is being aimed at the Royal & SunAlliance Chase this season like many of these. Should go well tomorrow. @ 7/2 Stan James (Bog)

Re: Fairyhouse 30/11/08 1.40 Forpadydeplasterer 7/2 var bog 15 pts I have to say this one is a bit on reputation but i do believe the FPDP could be very interesting over fences. Really he is absolutely built for fences once he gets used to them and whilst what he showed on his first chase win was moderate and not up to grade 1 standard, he has masses of improvement in him. His hurdle career was good, grade 1 winner which was most encouraging for a horse not built for hurdles nor that experienced either so clearly he has lots of natural ability. He ran ok at chelt. before perhaps flattering out late on. His first chase run wasnt great in the since it was a narrow victory over types who havent boosted the form since but to be fair it wasnt run at a great gallop and never saw him in a light that was to suit him. He steps up in trip today which should be just about ok although there are some questions quite as to what his trip will be. Obviously Tranquil sea and Trafford Lad are feared but I just think that FPTP has much more to offer over fences than what he showed fto and is a lively contender. 2.10 Catch Me 2/1 var 15 pts Was very impressed with this one lto. I was on aitmatov that day and whilst he possibly needed the run and should improve today as will a few in behind him that day, it is hard to see them overturning the form with catch me who stayed on strongly lto. He has always been a classy horse but has just struggled at times to find his trip, in his novice career he posted some good efforts at a 2 1/2 miles and 2 miles and last season won a grade 2 at 2 miles and ran creditibly in the CH. However his last attempt at 3m he was an obvious non stayer having travelled strongly. However lto over todays middle kind of trip he found conditions perfect and ran out such a clear winner that I struggle to see that form being overturned and I fancy him to win a first grade 1 today.

Re: Fairyhouse 30/11/08

13:05 - Cousin Vinny Ante-post favourite for the Supreme Novices Hurdles, Won all three bumper races he has raced in, One of those wins came at Cheltenham wher ehe won the Champion bumper, A few horses have come out of that race and gone onto win over hurdles, Cockney Trucker being one today. Obviously this will be his first run over hurdles but there is very high hopes for him and he is worth a bet tomorrow. @ 5/2 Ladbrokes
LOL - That is why I don't play in Ireland much...Nice pace to the race.

Re: Fairyhouse 30/11/08

LOL - That is why I don't play in Ireland much...Nice pace to the race.
Don't pay too much attention to the outcome of this race, Cousin Vinny needed the run, Also needed some experience over hurdles, and against some very decent horses. Very very promising debut imo and will improve beyond the 2 he finished behind in time.

Re: Fairyhouse 30/11/08 3:10 Fairyhouse Kells Castle Trainer Gordon Elliott won the opener by 12 lengths and this is his other runner. Beaten by at least 41L in the last 4 but return to hurdles should have him improve. Won 4 of 13 hurdle starts compare to 1 from 12 chase runs. 25-1 is too big especially with stable in winning form 5pts ew @ 25-1