advice?

Guest blueboy

Guest blueboy

hi..i'm thinking of joining a tips subscription service (for laying bets)....just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me that have been successful for them

advice? Dead right Seen dont waste your money, go to the Racing Post Tipping Competition and look right at the bottom of the table at the guys that are -£70 or whatever and lay there selections, this is completeley free and should make a profit, i would strongly advise you against getting involved in subscription services.

Guest blueboy

advice thanks for the advice...could you give me any places to start to look for this advice?.....would you not even consider a subscription service even if it had been proofed and produced consistent profit according to their records?

Re: advice *according to their records* is a key phrase here Blueboy. You'll be surprised how the results will suddenly dip when you join. The other problem you'll have is that if the service does turn out to be as good as it claims you'll almost certainly not get the "advertised" prices which again will erode your profits. Like everyone else says *never* *ever* subscribe to a tipping service you'll make a lot more money if you can work out something that's good yourself.

Re: advice I'm just working on a 'Lazy' system myself. Go to the racing post and call up the Tipsters Naps table. Find a method for using those selections that appeals to you. By this i mean to take the published picks as a starting point and use some criteria of your own to make a final selection.

What i am looking at is the selections of the bottom 15 tipsters, and then make a final descision what to bet(lay) on based on the available price of those horses. You could also take the bottom 20 and make a final selection on form, or losing streak, or forecast price or anything really. My idea behind this is that if these tipsters are so bad, given they are at the bottom of the table, it should be possible to apply a few simple rules and make a profit. ( but i've only been at it a few days, so no conclusions yet ) Just an idea. When combined with a bit of automation it should be something that takes very little time to do.
Forget about paying tipsters, - if you want to make money without effort give it to the bank and let them work it for you. - paying a tipster means increasing your overhead, making it more difficult to make a profit. - DO NOT underestimate the psychological effect, you have spend money for tips so they MUST provide enough profit to at least break even. The path to chasing losses is only one step away. Disaster is then next. - And then of course how do you know a tipper is truthfull about his record and promises ? - And how certain can you be that even if the results are accurate to date, that they will remain profitable ? - And last but not least, IF you have a method for producing consistent profit, on a market with big volumes of money available like horse racing, WHAT are you doing mucking about with a tipster service ? Nope, either be willing to put in some effort yourself and remain in control of your betting ..... or open a savings account.