Haydock - 22/11/08

1.05 Mendo 12/1 spo 7.5 pts e.w I also looked quite hard at another consistent type in according to pete but i have just gone for mendo in this unique race with a thought also in mind that today might not be the worse time to catch him. He won a big prize fto last season at the open meeting and he proved solid enough in handicap hurdles after that with two good runs in a good race at san. and at the festival where he was a creditible fourth in the coral cup so he has plenty of experience in these type of big field races. His run after that at ain. when 9th could be seen as a touch disappointing but Im willing to excuse that to some extent given how a tough race at chelt. just a couple of weeks earlier may have taken a toll. He is not some kind of blot on the handicap or anything but what he does do is generally provide a solid yardstick who should be in the mix and possibly he might be best fto too. 2.45 Rambling Minster 14/1 sj bog 7.5 pts e.w Dour stayer this one. Actually posted a unique victory over 4m in his career and stays all day long and that will be needed today. I look at a couple of of the runners here and they seem doubtful stayers and with the strong pace that seems assured by a lot of front runners here, it could set it up for a late charge from a stayer and it could be this one. As well as his victory last season he also put up a fine effort here over c and d in a race that could not work out any better with cloudy lane, comply or die and high chimes the three ahead all winning big big prizes since and proving they were horses well in that particular day. Rambling Minster is now actually off a lower mark than that run by 3 pounds today and he could be set to take some sort of e.w advantage of that especially as I see the style of the race setting up for a stayer like him. 3.15 Tidal Fury 6/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Could be a darkhorse this one. A former grade 1 winner over hurdles in france, he has suffered a bit in patches but lto he ran a real eye catching race on his debut for murphy and suggested that at some time this season his trainer will be looking for a nice handicap and this could be it. He was fairly classy in his novice season, posted a couple of wins, at one stage was 140+ rated (now just 130) and went off just 16/1 in the arkle, not far behind jack the giant and twist magic in the betting and that reflects the promise he showed in his novice career. Things have not gone well since then and last season he never got going. However a new yard may just have freshened him up, lto he made quiet late progress in the manner of a horse who should be much fitter today, a return to a left handed track too as he often jumped left lto at asc. and whilst he probably prefers it even softer than this, he is respecetd today.

Re: Haydock - 22/11/08

Sport Horse Racing
Event 2.15 Haydock
Selection Exotic Dancer [bog] (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 22/11/2008
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning Something like a free bet here. The race will be between Kauto Star and Exotic Dancer, no doubt about it. But at those odds I can't back KS, especially with the way ED performed lto. Both horses are ready this season and ED will come close today. Not sure it will be enough, but it is worth a go. Pitty McCoy is on board though, I think Paul Carberry has given ED the best ride ever when just failing to beat KS in this race last year. But if the horse is ready AP can come close too ;)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.