Kicking King retires from racing

Kicking King retires from racing
_45224888_kinggetty226.jpgOwner Conor Clarkson said the horse could look forward to retirement
Kicking King, who won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2005, has been retired at the age of 10. Despite making a promising comeback he never fully recovered after being ruled out for 759 days with a tendon injury. In his next four starts he failed to show his old zest, and so the decision was made to retire the double King George VI Chase winner. "It's not really a sad day, he was a wonderful chaser to have had," said owner Conor Clarkson. "Looking back over his racing career you realise what an amazing racehorse he was. I suppose it's a little bit sad his racing career is over, but he can now look forward to a happy retirement." :clap Happy retirement!

Re: Kicking King retires from racing I backed him ante-post at 14/1 for the Arkle when he was touched off by Well Chief (was on him too at 33s :)), but after that I sort've went off him. The easiest £200 I ever earned was laying him for the Gold Cup the year after he won it. I gave someone over the odds too so he must've been 3/1 biggest - crazy. I thought they could've retired him after his injury to be honest. Connections have had a great deal from him already.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.